BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Hopefully not. I quite like my bulky Onua and the other two non-Onua inferiors being a tad larger than the more agile heroes of the group. I would be fine if the Toa were all the same price, but I do like the size and body type diversity of the team so if that means sacrificing a few extra dollars I’m all for it.

8 Likes

It would be nice to have the Toa as all equal, either all big or all small. Perhaps Tahu should be a little bigger, seeing as he is considered the “leader”…but I digress…

I suppose if you make the prices equal then the sets become a bit too similar. It is nice to have some characters more bulky than others and them to make unique use of different parts

1 Like

@Nefarious, @Triple, maybe I worded that poorly. What I meant by “same size” was that the Toa would all be $15 sets. I love the way that G2 has made the Toa have their own distinct silhouettes. What I take issue with is the fact that Tahu, Kopaka and Onua cost more than the others, even thought the part count isn’t that much higher. Example: Lewa and Gali 2015 have 85 and 87 pieces, while Tahu has 89. Tahu costs $5 more than Lewa and Gali. A least for someone my age, that $5 matters a lot. This is irritating but it also shows that it is possible to create a figure that is taller and bulkier without adding too many more pieces. Also, what if having the Toa all be $15 sets would allow us to get some big, $20 villain sets?

The problem here is that you’re measuring the sets value through pieces instead of plastic. While Tahu’s piece count isn’t that much higher than the rest he uses longer limbs, more shells and addons, etc. Common Technic is much cheaper to produce than action figure parts which often require more expensive molding due to their size, angles, and sometimes detailing.

Put into context that $5 is about half a creature, the difference between the standard and $20 Toa are actually pretty surprising. I’m not entirely happy with the Uniter’s execution, whose skeleton growth has left them rather ill-covered,but aside from decreasing the height or making something more cost-effective like prefab limbs (which I hope never reappear en masse again) I’ll take the financially inconvient solution.

It’s hard for me to say. If the Toa were all shortened and were able to keep their unique shapes and sizes then sure. However, in upgrade terms I’m not ecstatic about the idea of the final variation of the Toa Okoto looking like a downgrade compared to their previous forms. Maybe the next team will be able to go that route, but right now the best Villain and Toa balance I can see would be if at least two small $10 (which would be more than the potential $15 gained from the $20 Toa) were sacrificed to feed the villian budget.

2 Likes

=

5 Likes

I made this, but you guys get the joke.

Personally I suspect BIONICLE will not last past 2017, SOOOO I have a feeling that the finale will be like this:

Winter Wave:
-6 Toa Sets
-6 Small Sets (I’m guessing these may be villains for a wave)
-1 Villain (Possibly Makuta?) (Comes with the Mask of Time)

Summer Wave:
-2 or 3 larger villain sets to go along with Makuta.
-Titan Makuta (with MoUP)
-Large hero set.

I’m hoping fewer villains would me larger villain sets for the summer due to budget and stuff. Wouldn’t that be neat? Then we’d have titan Makuta and possibly a titan hero set. Perhaps Kaita?

11 Likes

Don’t you mean 2018? if that’s the case UtD would be the last set.

1 Like

I mean 2017 as the final release year.

I don’t see it making it to 2018.

You said “until”, that would mean 2016 would be the last year.

Oh you know what I mean.

Maybe the Toa (and their creatures?) will have a pure-elemental form (or in NINJAGO terms, a true-potential).

"United, the elements hold the power to defeat evil."

That could explain why they made a trans-blue Ekimu (that rhymes!). He is foreshadowing what the next wave of sets will be like!
Pure-Element-Powered Toa!

Maybe we’ll have a trans-purple Onua!
Maybe we’ll have a trans-black and trans-red (Ultimate) Makuta!

7 Likes

I don’t expect the toa to be fully trans colored, that would be waaay too much of something. We don’t want translucent colors to become the silver of G2 do we?

However…

I do expect the toa (if we get them) to have their normal colored mask, and a fully translucent one

I mean last year we had gold masks, later we had trans/gold masks, and now we are getting fully trans masks in sets (not counting exclusives or promos) so it seems logical that next year we get trans masks for every toa.

8 Likes

I can see this happening.

Seeing as Lego likes to give us translucent masks, it’s plausible.

As Blu said though, they’re gonna need solid colors to make it work.

3 Likes

We’ll surely do, the uniters are super-cool and all, but they don’t feel that much “final form” to me.

1 Like

But seriously, though. I get what you mean. I would love to see more solid colors on Tahu with trans pieces to really show how power he can get.

7 Likes

I would like to see some non monstrous looking villains. I don’t mind them being mindless minions, but I don’t want them to look like monsters.

1 Like

This is what I want for 2017. A humanoid Makuta, 6 actually cool creatures that don’t just clip onto the toa’s backs, but can be ridden by the toa, or transform to be a humanoid guardian thing. A wolf for fire, an eagle for air, an ape for earth, a LIZARD for stone, a tiger for ice, and a manta ray for water I think that would be cool. Then, in the summer, I would like to have something new. In that wave, there would be the toa of Magnetism. The villains being toa sized evil warriors each with the elements of one of the toa, have one of the villains be with the toa of magnetism possibly a fire villain to keep to the five-six sets per summer wave thing. Each villain guarding a silver mask for each toa, instead of having a gold or silver mask come with the toa. With the toa I would like their colour schemes to be Fire; red, trans orange, silver Water; blue, azure, trans blue, gunmetal Earth; Black, silver, trans black Stone; Tan, dark brown, silver, trans yellow Ice; White, silver, trans blue, gunmetal Air; Dark green, trans green, silver Hope you like my wishes for 2017.

What’s air

6 Likes

Well, do we actually know if Bionicle will be discontined? Back in 2003, was it sure that Bionicle will keep going? Only with the release of the last 2003 comic(and leaks), it was sure that Bionicle would still be ongoing. Just wait, relax, and hope for a new construction system(not that I dislike CCBS, but a new one with more detailed pieces like in 2004 would be nice).

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind 2017 to be the last year if we are going to get epic sets.

6 Likes