BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

It does if the artist notices a pattern of important masks having a circular mark on them and decides to incorporate it into the drawing, or if the author (in this case Windham) specifically references such a mark in the script.

I’m not saying we won’t get a G2 Vahi that looks like this–I believe it’s fairly possible. But @DarkHenrik isn’t wrong in thinking that we might not be getting one, because the fact that it has a mold mark could be nothing more than a coincidence, not a sign of it being an actual, intended part

1 Like

LEGO is a toy company. They sell toys. They’re not going to make a big important mask, make it plot significant like it is, and not sell it as a toy. With LEGO its Toys > Story.

3 Likes

How important has it really been to the plot, though? We know it brought the Toa and that Ekimu saw the future in it, but aside from that, there’s been no indication that it will play a further role in the outcome of the story. If that’s the case, it won’t be released.

Again, I personally believe that the mask will be released and that it will play a role, but that doesn’t mean that it’s appearance in GN #2 is necessarily anything more than a one-time cameo. There are many reasons I can think of for why it would only appear in art form. In the end, it comes down to story…

1 Like

a list of masks that where never made into set form:

Mask of Light and Shadow

Mask of Possibilities

Mask of Elemental Energy

Olisi

also, the mask only served to show Ekimu what will happend and to then summon the toa, after that it have not been seen or mention again. I also don’t see the point in making it in set form, if the only reason you want the mask, is to just place it on Ekimu’s face to re-enact the part of the Graphic novel.

3 Likes

Oh, I don’t know, it’s only the mask that made the prophecy of heroes and the arrival of the Toa possible, which makes it responsible for G2’s story as a whole and without it we wouldn’t have G2, and by extension the Toa wouldn’t be able to return home.

Actually, the other side of the Kraahkan was meant to simulate that.

Not legendary.

Not Legendary.

Not legendary.

Both of which are integral to making the story occur in the first place. [quote=“DarkHenrik, post:840, topic:19964”]
I also don’t see the point in making it in set form, if the only reason you want the mask, is to just place it on Ekimu’s face to re-enact the part of the Graphic novel.
[/quote]

Oh, it’s not like we’d ever want the Toa to go back home, right? Nah, we’ll just leave them stranded on Okoto.

6 Likes

But LEGO is done with that part of the story. Sure, the mask is responsible for a lot…a lot of past things. Will it have any future impact? We don’t know. And as to sending the Toa back home, how do we know that will happen? If 2017 isn’t the last year, the Toa will likely stay, and even if it is, what if they choose to remain on Okoto? Sending them back is a potential use of the mask, and while we can speculate and produce evidence that this event will occur, we can also speculate and produce evidence that it might not. It’s all the same at this stage, and claiming that the mask will certainly, definitely be released is not something we can do right now. We can admit the likelihood of its release, but we can’t confirm it–that’s what I believe @DarkHenrik was trying to say.

3 Likes

I’ve already addressed this. The Mask of Time is needed to send the Toa back, unless you want them to never find out who they are and go back home to their friends and loved ones.

1 Like

And I do believe I addressed the possibilities that could occur with the Toa returning home. Again, this is all speculation. It’s just as viable to say that the mask won’t be released as it is to say that it will. At this early stage, there’s potential evidence for both. Does the evidence skew in the favor of the mask being released? I believe it does. But that doesn’t invalidate speculation that it won’t–that’s the point of this topic…

4 Likes

-Mask of Elemental Energy made it’s debut appearance in the non-canon BIONICLE The Game. It was meant as a power-up.
-Mask of Possibilities was not integral to the main story-line of BIONICLE.
-Mask of Light and Shadows was signified by the other face on the Krahkaan, which is why it looks partially like the Mask of Light.
-Olisi made an appearance as a mutated form.

6 Likes

Now I only heard little bits of the rumor like Makuta titan set was the only 2017 set that was meant to release, but I know there was another rumor beside it, if that Makuta titan set wasn’t the only 2017 set. Now I think we are getting a Makuta titan set but I don’t think he’s just the only 2017 set.

Maybe the Medium and Large humanoid figures will be gimmicked like 2016 Ekimu, where we get both Waist and Shoulder Gearing. If we get Toa they could be like, “The Definitive Edition” where they try to show parts of both the previous 2 iterations.

Also, Maybe, Summer Wave gets Beasts for Jungle, Stone, and Water called something along the lines of Rot, Boulder, and Flood Beast. I mean I think my opinion is just Colored because I would love a Water Villain, but 2017 rolling off of 2016 story might be cool.

And, of course, Makuta being there is almost assured. Hopefully Story-wise it wraps up G2, instead of being as Cobbled together as STARS.

3 Likes

I fear that would take away a lot of possible builds and potential parts for the set if they add too much into the gimmicks. They have a set budget for each set so if most of it goes for the mechanism, not much would be left for the rest (which is why while Ekimu 2016 has both, he is lacking in many areas)

But yes, Makuta by this point has to show up. Its the end of the Trilogy so to speak so fully show us the Emperor before Darth Vader shoves him down a chasm.

1 Like

how do you know that they will be sent back, for all we know the mask did not pluck them from some different univere or timeline, infact Journey to One seems to hint that the six Toa might be from Okoto’s past, so for all we know, they might be re-incarnations of reborn versions of those toa who died years ago.

and we have not heard from any part of the story that says that Ekimu or anyone will be able to send the toa back, there have been no talk of them bein promissed to be send home after their job is done.

also, given how the Mask of time is in two peices… i don’t see how the toa would be able to return home unless the mask is restored, remember that the Toa landed on Okoto with no memories of their past, so how do we know that their return trip home won’t harm them or cause something even worse to happen.

no

12 Likes

Yeah, we have no Water villain, and we haven’t even had a infected/drained Gali mask yet!

3 Likes

Something i have allways wanted is for Bionicle G2 to show how different Teridax and Makuta are from one another, and don’t come here with the “its the world that must change in a reboot, not the characters” hey, look at transformers and many other franchises, all of the different generations and variations of them have a good number of changes done to the characters to make them different.

Anyway, i personaly want Makuta to be really evil, like the one who might not meet the same level of inteligence as Teridax, but he is still just as dangerous and evil as him.

Simply put, i would like for him to be a monster of a persion, and yes, we do have his backstory that shows him as having good intensions with his experiments and that he was not pure evil from the start, but to quote the Joker:

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy.

though a more fitting quote which is from The Batman’s version of the Joker:

All it takes is one rotten day to transform a normal man into a monster.

5 Likes

It was also a fan design that was accepted as canon shortly before BIONIVLE’s end.

3 Likes

What if Makuta will aim at the Mask of Time next year, just like 2004? It would be a great reference.

But now you’d think “Did you forget the MoUP?”

Absolutely not, I have some theories:

1- In 2015, Makuta wants Grinder to destroy the MoCr but, of course, he fails. In 2016, Makuta hires Umarak to get the MoCo, he succeeds and Umarak kinda becomes one with it. Now, why should UtD go to the big volcano? I think that MoUP is there. And while Umarak will get probably defeated, thus maybe even destroying the MoCo, we’ll see Makuta getting his MoUP and now aiming at the MoT to get rid of the Toa or something like that.

2- In the first video we got about Bionicle G2 we knew that both mask makers went to a endless sleep, but thanks to JTO we knew that Makuta has a shadowy spirit form. What do I think it’s that? The MoUP. Makuta’s spirit lives in it, since both MoUP and Makuta’s shadow have the same dark flame around them. So maybe Makuta is using UtD to get through the volcano because thanks to unknown powers he can retrieve his body, which will react to the MoUP, thus creating the Titan Makuta.

Any opinion on this?[quote=“Winterstorm345, post:855, topic:19964”]
so unless they die (I don’t think lego will do that)
[/quote]

Or maybe, as many mentioned, the Toa will become one with them, thus creating the 2017 forms.

P.S.: How many “thus” do I use? Damm.

1 Like

So I think the creatures are coming back next year, Why you may ask?
Because what use would the creatures have for leaving? the mask of control has been found, the masks they were guarding have been found, so unless they die (I don’t think lego will do that) They are probably going to be part of the 2017 story, whether they get new builds or not i can’t say, but It is my belief that the 2017 Toa will be Unity compatible

2 Likes

They have changed Pohatu and Kopaka significantly to the point of being completely different from their G1 counterparts.

Also I would like Makuta to at least be a sympathetic villain, rather than a villain we all just hate cause he is just evil (al what Teridax was). And he should be redeemable (through ether self sacrifice or massive deed against the true villain of the setting).

Now Mask of Ultimate Power should be the true crazy villain you are talking about, and it would be an overall twist, Making Makuta only the red haring to the actual villain which nobody would have guess is the Mask.

You know, Makuta is Arthas, and MoUP is the Lich King…if all of you know the story of Arthas and the Second Lich King from WoW.

3 Likes