BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

a lot of people pritty much guessed that in 2015. When the animation “the legend” said that the mask took control of Makuta, people at that point guessed the twist and that Makuta would be like Garmadon. And guess what, not many liked that idea.

if that does happend its not really a good twist when many can guess it so easly.

3 Likes

But its rather boring to have Makuta as the main villain again because he was greedy, thats just rehashing the plot of G1. A la dont be greedy and bad things wont happen to you.

Why not have a story where all your deeds have an effect on the world, and the only way to fix things is to do it yourself, you are the only one who can be the hero from yourself and your deeds but friends are there to encourage you onwards and be the ones that help you during those difficult times (the Toa and Ekimu). A la finally having a start of the conflict and actually resolving the conflict through self realization of your flaws and actually doing something about those flaws.

Mask of Ultimate Power should be nothing more that the symbol of everything Makuta did wrong, the manifestation of the lie he told his brother, the greed in his heart, and the lust for acceptance and pride of ones self worth, and the only way he can fix it is by resolving that wrong himself …cause here is the thing, in real life nobody can help you truly fix yourself and your problems unless you actually do the first step, something about changing it.

4 Likes

@TeslaEffect That’s so corny and unsatisfying. Literally, I prefer the approach that this is all Makuta is now, and that he likes it. There are people in real life who lust for power so much, that even the most charismatic man couldn’t convince them to realize what they’ve become, because they already like it. At that point, reform just won’t work. It’s like trying to reform the Joker. He’s not even insane, he’s just developed sociopathic tendencies because of the death of his wife and child, and the events that transpired afterward (The Killing Joke). He likes who he is, and he’d prefer to stay that way. Saying the name of his wife won’t give you that “Snyder Martha effect” plot point, he’d just laugh.

2 Likes

But its even more corny, unsatisfying, cheesy, dumb, and obvious having the rehashed story and half-baked message of the previous generation.

All of you are complaining of how you want things to be different, well this is making it different. Something that this line has not seen in a long time, a villain turn good through his own realisations of his actions and fixing them. Actually fixing the bad he has done and being his own hero, saving himself from himself.

And no, you cant compare the Joker and Makuta, cause that a diservice to both of the characters, a la making them the same (which they are not, they went through different things in life that made them who they are and what they did and generally different influences in life)

2 Likes

@TeslaEffect My gosh man, not everything has to have some symbolic or metaphorical meaning. They’re going to fight Makuta, why? Because he did bad things and won’t stop. They’ll most likely have to kill him because of who he’s become in the plot. This isn’t about a message, this is about a plot, a story, and what made him who he is in the story. That’s what we’re building off of, not some pseudo metaphorical nonsense.

Besides, that ending would be so gimmicky and contrarian just for the sake of it, I’d hate it. I want to see a great evil vanquished.

1 Like

not really greedy, like said, he had good intensions, but the “rotten day” that turned him into a monster was when he put the MoUP on his face, that mask broke the Makuta that Ekimu knew of, and if you have read some Batman stories, you would probably know of the Joker’s most well known origin (even though he himself have said that he tends to remember it differently or make up his origins) anyway, even though the Joker would have a sympatetic backstory, he is still a monster, because of his actions.

Something i would preffer is to have Makuta be sort of the first dead character in Bionicle G2, as in the Makuta that Ekimu knew and tried to save from the MoUP was the one who died that day, and after that, an entity who calls itself Makuta is the one who was born from his corpse.

I would like for Ekimu to just say to the Toa that the being who is walking around in Makuta’s body is not his brother, but an insult to him, just to show how much Ekimu dislike this monster who dares to use his brother’s name as his own.

2 Likes

So what you are saying is you like shallow plots which bare no deeper meaning, you just want a plane old obvious villain with a plane old obvious ending of destroying that villain cause he be evil and evil should be destroyed by the good guys cause only they are able to do it and not the villain himself.

You know this is why Bionicle has not expand so much as it should have, we only have these shallow obvious plots with obvious threats and obvious heroes

Having the MoUP be the villain is not better, its just as obvious as Makuta himself.

seen Ninjago? people will complain that Bionicle is riping it off (a stupid complain i know, but that did not stop them and the Thundercat fans to complain about Chima)

1 Like

I don’t mind any of your iterations but…[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:863, topic:19964”]
So what you are saying is you like shallow plots which bare no deeper meaning
[/quote]

If I’d have to look for a deep story, I wouldn’t choose a toyline for sure.

Granted, G1 had a deep and incredible story but… well, it ended.

5 Likes

@Tessla Effect In an age where everything is trying to be deep, dark, and edgy, it’s nice to actually have a simple fantasy story where “good” battles “evil”, and that’s what G2 has always been. If you don’t like it, the. I’m afraid you aren’t where you should be friend.

The best thing about fantasy is that you escape reality. You get to escape that grey area and see things in a brighter, more hopeful black/white view, rather than the grey which has taken over media for a long time now. It’s nice to indulge in something a little more happy.

5 Likes

Thats illogical, they are tons of toylines that created deep and meaningful stories. Being a toyline doesnt mean automatic shallowness, but apparently people here dont want true storytelling with their toys.

Everything is a rip of of something, just go and read “A Hero with the Thousand Faces” and you will see that every kind of story has already been told, we are just making variations of the same story over and over again. That should not be a reason to not have a deep story meaning and message in Bionicle G2.

The best thing, I say its also the worst thing about it…since fantasies are not real (even thought they do have a real impact towards the person).

If it does end up being that obvious with this generations story, then it truly is a failure of the reboot and the time given to it to make something out of it when it had it (rarely is there given a third chance for these things). At least, out of all that muck, the sets were really good regardless.

1 Like

And saying that “If I’d hate to look for a deep story, I wouldn’t choose a toyline for sure.” doesn’t mean automatic that all toyline plots are shallow, but they are not certainly the place where you’d except to experience the best stories.

1 Like

@TeslaEffect That’s the whole reason we read fantasy though, because it’s not real. There’s nothing wrong having hope, or giving your mind a break from the chaos of everyday life.

Except thats not going to fix real life now is it. Dwelving into fantasy that has no positive effect in your real life is not going to change the chaos of everyday life, its only going to waste the time you have on this Earth to actually make the fantasy a reality.

Expect the unexpected, break the unbreakable, touch the untouchable. Those are not just words of an anime that people spout cause they are cool, those are the things and values we all should strive towards, to make the previously mentioned fantasy a reality…which is why all of this deeper meaning is very much needed for not just this line, but for everything that makes this world.

1 Like

do you know a funny thing with the hole meaning and message stuff no matter how many times we watch a show that gives us a message, i can’t for the life of me remember when that message did change something, or did make people wanna change their life or make a better world.

i don’t think that have ever happend, people just watch or enjoy the entertainment they have and thats it.

i mean you are here saying that Bionicle should be a toyline that change the life of kids, make a better world and all that stuff that wins art awards and nobel prices.

but i can’t see that happending, because this is a toyline.

if what you said is true, doesnt that mean that we should all be better people in this day and age?

2 Likes

@TeslaEffect Real life can’t be fixed, it is what it is. That’s why we read fantasy in the first place. It gives us a brief escape. It’s not doing anything to hurt reality, it just allows for a brief break from its monotony. Y’know You must be fun at parties. My point is I disagree with you and your outlook on reality. Sounds like something hurt you bad during a naive period.

This doesn’t have to become a civil war. You can turn back. You have that option.

4 Likes

right on.

I can not accept this negative outlook in life. You may but I never will.

End of discussion, I guess.

Well, maybe the MoUP acts like one of those State Alchemist watches but for Makuta’s spirt. He would still be able to use his spirit without his MoUP, but it wouldn’t be strong. Maybe the MoUP acts as a amplifier. Imagine the power when he puts it on- this is why it is what it is. Makuta has the strength, but not the amplifier.

Now we’re getting somewhere. I think part of the reason you want the 2017 story to end with Makuta changing himself into something better after fighting against what he’s become within himself, is because you yourself struggle to do that, and possibly don’t see yourself ever escaping it. If people really can escape any personal issue through hard work within themselves, then you would be able to do the same right? It seems like you still want a fantasy story, you just want it tailored towards you and your problems. You want inspiration and hope for yourself and others like you.

1 Like