BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

What the-

Where did you get those??
:neutral_face:

ME WANT!
:smiley:

Heh. I think if they did system I’d like to see locations. And Vehicles, but not just cough the same mech repeated 6 times cough. I liked things more like the summer wave of IFB. I actually have an unpopular opinion that IFB was my favorite wave of HF, just because I love system. I don’t MOC, so it was a refresher to put these in my system set up, not with my constraction.

3 Likes

They’re from the Bootlegs topic. They’re bootlegs. idk where to get them but they’re probably the best bootlegs I’ve ever seen.

They would be cool to have in actual BIONICLE tbh.

Yeah I don’t own them.

5 Likes

Dang, those are neat.

If only these could be sent to LEGO…

@moamahrimatoro
EDIT:
If only this IDEA would be sent to LEGO…

1 Like

Sending them to Lego would probably get the bootleggers in trouble.

1 Like

Is that a new term?

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-YFk99Keq4 I don’t think bootlegging is good for anybody unless it is done right.

I usually dislike bootlegs, but even I have to admit that those minifig Protector Masks are awesome. I’m surprised bootleggers were able to get so much detail into such a small piece–usually they aren’t that sophisticated…plus, there’s no precedent to go off of, which means they made that mold all on their own. Not bad…

LEGO would do it better, though…

4 Likes

I think I actually overestimated the price. That Gali I did could go for just ten bucks!

Here’s a breakdown comparison of it with some obvious placeholders compared to Narmoto + skullspider

3 Likes

Yeaaaaah, no. I really don’t want downgraded Toa, especially since they’d be the same size as every other Okotan. Their own past enemies would tower against them! It also wouldn’t help them against Makuta. It’d be a clear downgrade, and no kid wants to buy a downgrade.

My biggest complaint is that your models lack any BIONICLE aesthetic. They’re all extremely smooth, and just don’t fit in with the G2 world.

4 Likes

Blame them for not yet making base piston shells or bones.
This is just a concept afterall

And same size as every Okotoan?
Pohatu and Onua are just as tall as their Master versions,

2 Likes

I just don’t think that downgrading them is a good idea. It almost seems like you just want a homage to the original 2001 sets… is that your driving force? Hmm?

[quote=“GK733, post:1551, topic:19964”]
And same size as every Okotoan?Pohatu and Onua are just as tall as their Master versions,
[/quote] Fair enough, but they just lack variety. They’re all relatively the same size, with only slight trivial differences in their build. Honestly, just having a couple differently placed/sized shells is extremely pathetic, and isn’t worth calling “unique”. They’re pretty much clones.

4 Likes

I’m going by the basis that next wave would be the last. Last waves of Lego themes have been known to drop the overall prize.

Nostalgia is also a considerable selling factor, it would quickly worn out but here they would be using it as sort of “last resort”

1 Like

Name one wave that wasn’t the STARS. Do it.

2 Likes

Compare the complete waves to eachother, outside from constraction such as Ninjago’s original run.

1 Like

That’s vague, and I shouldn’t have to look up your statistics for you. Show me this so called research you’ve done. Prove to me that you’re not just saying things.

1 Like

Ninjago 2012 Winter wave had a total worth of around $500 and that is not even counting in the character packs or promos
Ninjago 2013 Winter wave, the last wave of it’s original run was worth of “just” $205

Despite being immensely popular they decided to drop it’s value more than 60%

If we assume this same trend happens with the next Wave of Bionicle, oh boy it’s gonna hit hard.

This years winter wave was $180 and if it drops by 60% it would mean $72.
Ofc I don’t believe Lego would hit Bionicle that hard but this makes $10 toa a real possibility to consider.

1 Like