BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

As I said Lego has also shown to drop dramatically the overall value of the last wave when compared to one that was year before.

They tend to drop the number of sets released, not the quality or prices of the Individual sets. The only time that I can recall LEGO selling products inferior to past waves were the STARS, which were their own case entirely. A better example would be LEGO’s last constraction theme, HF. IFB kept the same general price range for its sets while trying something new out. The number of sets released was smaller than past waves, but you still had your “beginner” “intermediate” “Skilled” and “Pro” sets. It even introduced several new molds and recolors.

3 Likes

Cocoon and two minifig helmets + couple of recolors

1 Like

among other things, such as new feet, head molds for the beasts, the jumpers and their containers, and the cockpits for the mechs.

4 Likes

it is not fair to compare an entire year to presumably something that will only be half, that’s why I only counted the new parts from the last wave and as there is tendency to make less for summer it makes Hero Factory a bad comparison because it isn’t following the same pattern. It didn’t have only half a year to tie it off.

And why would you assume that Bionicle 2017 will only be half a year? I don’t believe that Lego ends themes mid year. and if anything, the first half of IFB would be the proper comparison, since they both are the beginning of the end.

2 Likes

Constraction is handled differently than system. It also takes LEGO at least two years to decide when a theme ends and then make a backup, that means IFB was planned to be the last year way before it was released. It wasn’t a last minute thing after the Winter Wave was released.

Life isn’t fair buttercup.

5 Likes

It is not just unfair it is incorrect as they decide the budget of the whole year, not just one wave.

This is the truest thing I’ve read here.

Let’s stop worrying about if it’ll end or not and just have fun with it while it’s here. Buy the sets, read the stories, watch the show, and just engage in the fandom. Maybe G2 will survive past 2017 and go into 2018.

8 Likes

There is such thing as being foolishly optimistic.

I did say maybe.

3 Likes

but it’s not unreasonable to hope for that. nothing is confirmed until we get an official reply from lego.

4 Likes

The restricted sales is an indication enough that there isn’t a high demand, the automatic expection from a company is that the numbers will also go only lower unless it is boosted, which Lego doesn’t care enough to do.

However I don’t believe that lego has given us the sales report on bionicle (unless they have, which then I’m wrong), so we have no way of knowing this besides guessing.

4 Likes

Why are the sales restricted then, what is the other option?
There isn’t.

knock, knock this almost exactly what happened before they cancelled Chima constraction.

You don’t know that. you can’t know that the overall sales are restricted. only Lego knows that. unless you work for lego :stuck_out_tongue:

something exclusively sold in certain places, and was a subtheme too.

4 Likes

You know, LEGO isn’t required to release their sales statistics.

2 Likes

(NOTE: I posted this in the 2016 Discussion Topic earlier, but with recent posts, I feel this can go here too.)

With all the ‘Doom & Gloom’ going on, it reminded me of this (not mine. Credit goes to Lumaken Studio).

Umarak represents the LEGO Group and/or the ‘Success and Joy’ People.
Uniter Tahu represents the ‘Doom and Gloom’ People.
And Polly (Ikir) the ‘parrot’ is the BIONICLE theme.

Personally, I think,
“It’s pining!”
:smile:

But seriously, there is a chance BIONICLE will continue.

4 Likes

We’ve heard enough people from the states they have stopped selling the sets beside of the Lego store’s and Toys’R’Us with maybe some few expections.

Wasn’t even @Eljay able to confirm this?
There is also a phone call where the employee states this:

Well, Slime was able to go to his ToysRUs and buy all the sets for Eljay. idk why