BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

However that’s only in the states, and still a small statistic. We don’t have a big enough picture to make a conclusion.

man I love how people take the word of employees as gospel.

Also he begins that video by saying “take this with a grain of salt”

Also she says that the theme hasn’t been officially canceled and that she doesn’t know anything about the “final set”.

6 Likes

She gives a pretty clear answer that they have made this special deal that the sets are only available trough Toys 'r us and Lego stores.

No buts, it was a clear statement that you can’t really argue with unlike the rest of her answers.

Now I’m with you that this will likely only affect the states, but we are still talking about huge amounts of sets that won’t be released in other stores, meaning there has been a decline in demand and not a small one at that. The markets there are bigger than you think.

I agree with this here.

I disagree here. Just because Lego signed a contract with Toys R Us doesn’t mean a lack of demand. the way she worded it made it sound like a promotional thing, instead of a lack of sales. However, we should still take this with a grain of salt, as this didn’t come from a official announcement or from a high ranking Lego official.

6 Likes

And I got my sets on May 6 due to the TRU website glitch.

3 Likes

I got mine on the 26th of May because they were there.

This deal with ToysRUs is odd, though.

1 Like

Well TRU has always had exclusive sets in the past… 2007 Karzahni comes to mind…. but this is the first time they’re taking up a whole theme. Maybe they knew sets like said Karzahni sold well because of exclusivity?

3 Likes

Effectively making them exclusives in itself means not everyone can buy them if they have no way to get the sets. Lego isn’t stupid and knows that.

So Lego has decided it wants to sell less, you can question why that is.

2 Likes

Eh, I guess so. But anyone can order off TRU.com. I guess it works out for Lego and the retailer.

2 Likes

I think I missed something with all of this “exclusive to TRU” talk. Is it actually confirmed that only TRU and LEGO Stores will carry future BIONICLE sets, or is that just a rumor? And what about the whole rumor of it being pulled out of the US? Is that true? I find it difficult to believe that LEGO would completely remove even a poorly-selling line from one of the most consuming countries on Earth.

Not trying to offer opinions on it or anything–I’m actually legitimately curious about what’s being said, 'cause I seem to have missed something.

5 Likes

Ok, so it was confirmed in a phone call that Bionicle is becoming a TRU exclusive. The being pulled out of US is pure speculation because of what happened to the Chima Ultrabuilds.

4 Likes

Oh…well I doubt that. The TRU thing seems like something that could happen, but there were never very many Chima Ultrabuilds at a time–not nearly as many as there are BIONICLE sets now. It doesn’t make sense that LEGO would pull them out of the US, as that would cause a lot of problems for US buyers who would then have to order the sets elsewhere. More likely than not, the US will have the new sets in TRU and LEGO Stores only, and that’s what got people to believe that they’ll be pulled. I very much doubt that they will be…

6 Likes

Yeah, I doubt it too. Maybe only certain sets, like the small ones, will be pulled.

4 Likes

@GK733 Bud, we have no proof for the success or lacktherof for G2. We just don’t. We have speculation, rumors, and doomsayers (which existed even back in 2004). You need to stop sweeping people with an optimistic view under the rug, because at this moment in time their viewpoints and speculation aren’t any more delusional than your own.

I implore that we all please talk about something else, because by now we’ve done more than beat a dead horse.

10 Likes

This is especially the reason I like to ignore doomsayers. When I was younger I always heard from some kid more delved into the community that “Bionicle is gonna end this year bro!”

And I agree. All this talk of doom and gloom is dumb. Like I’ve been saying, why can’t we look FORWARD to more BIONICLE? Enjoy what you have now, for goodness sake.

11 Likes

A lot of people want this generation to end, believe it or not. I think they’re just speaking their minds. I wouldn’t really deny that it’s ending at some point, but I feel like it’s been blown out of proportion. I just hope the community starts filling in whatever blanks we have left after it ends.

That, and it’s easier said than done to make people enjoy something they don’t like. I just let them keep their opinion and leave them be. Anytime there’s a conversation about it here, I just stay out. I wanna talk about story, potential world-building, and future sets, not Bionicle’s end. That’s something that has been discussed time and time again, and it becomes a pretty boring discussion.

6 Likes

Exactly, I remember having a similar experience. I remember when the 2005 Bionicle special edition Toa Hagah came out and everyone I talked to was all like “Lego doesn’t have the budget for a complete wave and instead they just decided to make two special characters to end the line”. At first I was all like “Nah, impossible!”, but then I realized that the story had all actually been wrapped up completely, so I became a bit anxious about Bionicle’s end. However the line continued for other five years.

8 Likes

I think we’ve exhausted the topic of Bionicle’s discontinuation, how about we talk about anything else?

5 Likes

Last year we had two polybags, this year we have only one.
How do you think, will we have another polybag next year and what could it be?
(it seems like a legit topic)
I’d like to see more transparent masks!

2 Likes

We technically have more than one, if we count the “mini Scorpio” and “Ekimu’s Falcon”, so I don’t think that there would be one more.

For next year, I hope that we get more mini builds from the magazine.

3 Likes