BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Oh my god that purple Makuta is sooo good. Hope we either get him in set form or at the very least get the instructions on how to build him and the pieces we don’t have will be released in another set.

2 Likes

Where did you find those images?

That purple Makuta is too good…

1 Like

It’s from the video about the new contest https://www.lego.com/en-us/videos/themes/bionicle/lego-bionicle-contest-video-a74b0b3ddf4d4701a6d60fec4279c583#/%23sp=200

2 Likes

Woah, after watching that video, I’m actually wondering if we are going to be getting a Titan Makuta at the end of this year… It seems odd that they would reveal his appearance this year if they weren’t going to make a set for him…
Unless we get another Makuta set for 2017 (which would be awesome)…

4 Likes

They might do what they did with Umarak and have him appear in both waves.

1 Like

I think that we could get all the shadow-Okotans shown on the contest video as the protector sets. They could wear the black Toa masters masks.

2 Likes

No so sure that was a Shadow Oktoan, I think it was a G2 recreation of Makuta’s void form in MNOG.

5 Likes

except onua’s mask is already black.

2 Likes

I think it was just an easter egg to mnog

1 Like

An even then possibly just spraypainted like all the MouPs
It’s much easier to have an authentic looking black paint than any other color afterall.

2 Likes

Look what I found hiding in the montage at the start of that building contest trailer

Have fun speculating what this means for 2017.

8 Likes

the end times

1 Like

So this basically confirms that the black and gold Makuta that we’ve seen in the designer video won’t be the final design, as the Makuta shown in this photo does not have any wings.

3 Likes

I just noticed that a transparent reddish orange head is used for the throne Makuta and Overlord Makuta and that the star-wars leg armour is now in gold. There is also gold vorox armour im hyped for the recolors

1 Like

they said in the video, they made three models to use for JTO, one of them appears to be a prototype makuta, possibly while the other two are just MOCs

1 Like

It means Ekimu rebuilt his airship.

Maybe they’re just folded down?

~W12~

1 Like

I know a lot of people like Overlord Makuta but I have a problem with him in the sense that he seems less demonic, he’s less jagged and beastish than the other 2. That’s not to say he isn’t good, just not as demonic looking.

Also going to repost the MOUP.

10 Likes

You know, I almost wish this video was never released because I feel like it has made my expectations for the inevitable Makuta set we will get next year unrealistically high so I will be doomed to disappointment in a set not as impressive as the models in the video and ultimately underwhelming in comparison. It’s not like the summer wave doesn’t already feel cheap enough with only five mostly mediocre sets lacking in various areas, but now they have to rub salt in the wound by showing us an enormous, elaborate, awesome looking character that appears alongside other characters released as those other sets and uses real pieces already available for use with the exception of the MoUP that we will never be able to buy. Sorry for the indignant rant.

2 Likes

I expect Makuta to be a little botched upon release. The sets look good, but they seem to be a little too non-restricted by budget.

4 Likes

I don’t think so, I think they’ll work to make Makuta very similar to one of the versions we’ve seen, if not better, seeing as they are hyping it up with those four epic versions, and a massive contest all about Makuta.

2 Likes