BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

I think I have found some good news. If you look closely at the JTO version of Makuta it appears to be a combiner model consisting of 2016 Tahu, 2016 Onua, creature of fire, creature of earth and the skull grinder and Ekimu pack. I cant find any parts not used from these sets apart from the mask of ultimate power. Hopefully this means the actual set will be overlord Makuta.

3 Likes

something that i was just thinking of was weather or not the Toa would sacrifice themself to restore Okoto.

like what the Uberhero does in Patapon 3 (that is if you chose to do that)

It would be an interesting thing to see, the Toa giving up their lives to heal an entire island, and if people want new characters to take their place, this seems like a good reason for why they would need new heroes.

Why is it that the middle Makuta is the only one with new parts (excluding the MoUP)? Is this evidence that supports that it may be the real set? He’s also the only one with a “shadow villager”. idk

1 Like

I am skeptical that we would ever get a set that big. That’s got to be a lot of parts. I reckon we might get something like him, but on a smaller scale. Here’s hoping we get the real deal though, or at least get the instructions.

Look at it this way though. If all those new parts come out with the real set, you can bet someone will figure out how to build that thing.

1 Like

Yeah I’m sure someone will be able figure out how it’s built.

1 Like

Nothing confidential here really so I think it’s okay to post this.

Now, at first look I didn’t believe it myself but just after this was posted similar pictures surfaced of other Lego themes as Just2Good reports here:

Edited out by Eljay.

2 Likes

Purple eh?

If this is real, then I hope it’s confirmation that Makuta will be purple.

1 Like

Dat purple’s nice, but why is the MoUP gold instead of black?

1 Like

Actually, I’m starting to think it’s a fake.

1 Like

Eurobricks isn’t allowing these images. We currently can not verify their validity. And while we’ve determined that they don’t break our policy per-se, we’re going to play this on the safe side, and ask that no one continues to post those images here.

5 Likes

Is it one of those grey areas?

That image is 100% fake. All it takes is some basic Photoshop knowledge to recreate it (IE. Hue/Saturation modification, pen tool cropping, outer glow)

There is no reason for the photo to be taken with a cell phone other than to try and mask the obvious edits that were made to the 2016 banner.

You can even still see the faint silhouette of the Mask of Control behind the MOUP that was pasted on.

While preliminary works by LEGO are generally very rough around the edges, there are usually specific tropes that these type of works follow. Reuse of older elements are meant to enhance a concept/idea the designer is trying to portray. Reusing an entire design with one change and some minor color alterations is not only completely unprofessional, but serves no purpose towards production as the concept here has already been done.

Further posting of this image will result in a suspension.

9 Likes

I agree.

Also why were the 2016 sets under it if it were for the 2017 sets?

I guess it is about time for leak season so fake leaks should start to run around.

hey have you seen that the bohrok are coming back? /s

4 Likes

Looking it at facevalue it sure looks like a fake.
But if you go to the thread would say all the other pics regarding other themes the guy posted are 100% fake as well?

There’s no reason to do that, looking at it at face value is enough to say it’s fake. It literally still has the green cracks in BIONICLE that the 2016 version had (2015 had blue). LEGO surely would have changed it to purple since that’s the color the fake is using for the aura around the MoUP. It’s clearly a Photoshop, and an awful one at that. Why would he fake one picture but post legitimate ones with it? The only logical conclusion is that they’re all fake or that he’s just compiling from other sources.

6 Likes

In addition, I think the same guy just “leaked” lego Power rangers… Yeah this guy seems super sketchy.

2 Likes

Using placeholders like that on licensed leaks is nothing new

1 Like

Huh, I remember pausing it right there in the video and saying “oh, it’s just Makuta looking over a bunch of Beasts”.

Those definitely aren’t Beasts…
I’m really hyped for the Makuta set, by the way. Who here is planning on entering the contest?!

1 Like

If it were a place holder it wouldn’t have the MoUP to begin with. They wouldn’t bother with trying to make it look somewhat possibly official, but you know who would? Someone who wanted to make a fake.

2 Likes

No one’s forcing you to look at them but I’m preparing to laugh when that Bane set turns out to be real.

2 Likes