BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

Oh, I like it, there just wasn’t much of it. I liked the idea of Makuta creating a mask to help people, but being corrupted by power, but we barely even got that properly explained a couple of months ago, and that was the winter 2015 story.

5 Likes

Well the day has come. Sooner than expected, sure, but it’s definitely here.

Generation 2 wasn’t perfect, far from it, but it still left the fans (Well, most of them) satisfied. Am I sad to see it go again? Well kinda, sure, but let’s think of all the positives, shall we?

1. The return of the Movie Maker tributes with songs only hip during the late 2000’s.

My personal favorite,

2. SuddenlyOranges can start RB 4 now, so that’s fun, right?

3. “Bunkls comin baek guis” can finally be a thing again.

16 Likes

I didnt see that i meant BBB

2 Likes

One thing I noticed: The summer wave story for each year was SO much better than the winter wave story.

7 Likes

It’s all cool.

I’m just messin’…

1 Like

no moup. no mask of time , no mukata. i hope we still get the last magazine which i hope may contain loads of story rap up and info ( not seen the last 2 episodes of jonunry to 1 so i dont know what the last of the known story is yet so please no reply to me with spoilers ) and what we cant let happen is the comunitys fall apart. everyone needs to band together and get what sets you can. dont let bioncle death take this away from each other. ttv seems like it will carry on luckly they set up there more system based videos a few months ago. i am very sadden to hear the new of bioncles death and i hope i dont have to hear the same for this commiunty in the coming days

6 Likes

and for some reason, the inverse was true of the sets. The toa looked fantastic, but often their enemies looked like bare-bones (haha) hero factory villains.

12 Likes

Granted that the winter story was for both years was just the generic “Find the Masks!” story.

6 Likes

I love it when people give me BRILLIANT ideas…

7 Likes

The winter waves seemed to be about setting up the story for the rest of the year.

It is truly strange.

At least we got one of the best BIONICLE villain sets of all time. (Umarak the Hunter)

I’ll always be happy with that set.

8 Likes

Why thank you.

Better G2 ended like this rather than how G1 ended: ten years with a bad ending involving a robot’s head getting crushed by part of a planet.

5 Likes

Well, this stinks. I understand why Bionicle has been cancelled, and why it was somewhat of a good decision to go ahead and stop now (though we should soooooooooo get that last Makuta set as a send-off IMO) I guess I might build my own CCBS Makuta, or just get a G1 Antroz or Krika.

You know, this is really sad. I wanted it to be so much more, like G1 was to me, but it never got there. I have to say, some of my best memories are of looking at the Stars sets in the Lego Club magazine. I think I’ll go and collect those now.

Definitely looking forward to the next TTV podcast and their thoughts on it.

7 Likes

I still need to get him…
Truly a great set.

4 Likes

But now the true test begins. Do we crumble or stick together out of spite? How long will it last? Knowing my stubborn self, decades.

6 Likes

It seems weird for Lego to make an actual MoUP and not make a set with it in it. Maybe they had made one but decided not release it since the theme is over.

6 Likes

well, you saw what happened last time. basically no one left, they just kept building using HF parts to build Bionicle characters. it was actually quite funny during HF’s run how most of the MOCs were still toa.

5 Likes

The set’s were great, the story wasn’t bad but was bare bones, the advertising was lame. It had a great run and I will admit I almost feel like crying. Props to the Bionicle team for putting so much effort into g2. I only wish we could at least get a Makuta set. All I can do is continue to be a member of the community and hope we transition to a world without bionicle better than in 2010.

4 Likes

I KNOW. I WANTED THAT MAKUTA SET SO BAD.
I mean, he looks cool JTO. I wonder why they decided not to release it…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure many people left. And not that many stuck around for its return.

3 Likes