Bionicle MOC - Arkus: The Steel-clad Warmonger (monochrome moc contest)

This is awesome! I love it. Maybe it should have a bit of coverage on the lower back though.

It seems like @Rockho 's self MOC after many days of steroids…

2 Likes

Hahaha, I can see the similarities yeah, glad you liked it man

1 Like

I like the exaggerated proportions, but I feel like there should be some sort of transition between the upper and lower torso, so it looks more like a triangle and less like a T.

1 Like

The torso from the back is weird cause it has like no armour on the bottom but I guess that was for posability, cause for a big moc, it can really move it. I really dig the cartoony beefy proportions, its really cool.

1 Like

@Tobin-Bartram I actually managed to patch that up earlier today, still retains his posability as well :blush:

1 Like

He may have skipped leg day, but apparently it was only after not missing a few thousand arm days.

Good grief. The buff is real.

2 Likes

I think it was more that he missed waist day tbh, he’s got some pretty meaty calves on him hahaha

Very cool looking torso, the back could have some armor though.

1 Like

I did add a bit of coverage to the back, i posted a photo a bit earlier in this comment thread, but yeah i kinda forgot to do that before i took these photos, woops

1 Like

I know you said the proportions were on purpose, but I do want to say that the arms should be a little longer, the fingers should be gun mettle, along with a few pieces here and there to soften the single shade of silver. (there’s too little transparent orange for it to look good on just the fingers and axe, same thing with purple) I like the shoulder spikes because they make the top half as rough as his legs. Please add something to the waist to reinforce connection (or just to make it look like it is) because the skinny connection point doesn’t work. He hunches over too much. Last but not least,

WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THE CROTCH

, it stands out way too much, and isn’t reinforced enough.
I do love the moc and the abnormal proportions but it’d look much better with reinforcements, and if you did the other things said. Basically, do those substantial changes you talked about.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback man, i agree with almost everything you said, especially the crotch, arm length and colours, im working with fairly limited parts currently but I’ll be able to have access to my full supply of parts soon. Again i really appreciate the criticism as it helps me get better at what i do :blush:

Oh my bad, I tend to not read comments before posting feedback so I don’t feel like I’m repeating things.

1 Like

I like this guy. I like the “ridiculous proportions” for the most part, but the abdomen is a bit too long, IMO. The fact that he’s fairly posable is cool, too. I look forward to seeing a more colorful version.

1 Like

good luck in the contest!

1 Like

Thanks man :blush: really keen to see how everyone went

Ah-hahahah!
I see what you did there :wink:
Overall, I like the MOC, the exaggerated proportions really make this MOC cool to me, as it reminds me that, MOCS don’t need human proportions forced on them, so good job!

1 Like

Thankyou so much! I’m glad someone agrees with me hahaha

1 Like

this is the most amazing moc ever

1 Like

The MOC is cool but I think it could do with more colour. Maybe some red scattered around it. Good job regardless.

to be fair it was a submission in a monochrome moc contest
it’s in the title