Bionicle Optimus Prime Moc

This is my Optimus Prime MOC. It was mostly based on the movie version, with elements of others. Unfortunately, he doesn’t transform, I was just going for looks. As far as the build goes, his mid chest and lower legs are mostly held together with rubber bands, but their actually sturdy and don’t flop around. Well, tell me what you think!

32 Likes

That’s pretty sweet , dude!

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad you like it!

I appreciate the way Optimus’s torso was shaped, utilizing the Rahkshi head and the CCBS the way it was. I also like the way his front windshield glass was positioned on his chest. Helps with the imagery.
Brick-built head really does scream “Prime”, though I wish there was something around his neck, a tire perhaps, as the skinny Mixels ball-joint thing look a little… off… to me. Just that very skinny stick of a neck there.
I feel the upper arms are simple, perhaps a little too much so. I wish something could be implemented to them to bulk them up a little.
The legs look rather well, though I wonder why there is only one wheel per leg instead of the usual two. If it couldn’t be done with two, or if you lacked the parts, I’d understand completely.
I do really like the wings here. “Transformers 3” thing, right?

All in all it’s a little simplistic in some areas but if we’re going for looks, I think you drove the imagery home( to home? You made it work)
Good work!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I hadn’t thought to put a tire around the neck, I’ll have to try it. I’ll also see what I can do about adding more wheels.

1 Like

Pretty cool!

1 Like

This is cool! I really like that someone other than me is making transformer Mocs! I really like that it is movie prime and not G1. That being said, no offence, but if you make a transformers Moc, it needs to transform. However, I like that you included his wings and his blade. Keep up the great work!

This looks pretty good

As others have said, the neck needs to be bulked up a bit, but other than that, great job

this guy… he looks pretty fancy

Feel it could do with a little more refining, however it looks good for the current level of complexity it has.

REEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Pretty good all things considered :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But does it transform?..

1 Like

Oh man, this is from a while ago… I have since moved past my heretical use of rubber bands in mocs. Come to think of it, this could use a revamp.

I mean, I kind of like them…

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

HERETIC! HERETIC I SAAAAAAY!

Age of Extinction wasn’t awful. It wasn’t amazing either, but it wasn’t awful.

1 Like

They ruined the dinobots… Where were my clumsy simpleminded giants?

But yeah, not amazing, but not horrible.

1 Like

Well that was part of the reason behind not amazing.

They have basically no buildup, they’re just animals and they’re there as mounts for like the last half hour of the movie. WOOOOOOOOOOO!

2 Likes

sametbh

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like