Bionicle's Netflix series is being pirated, please help with this

Through some more Google searches i’ve found that Netflix is available in all countries except four this was pulled from the Netflix website btw

1 Like

One of which is China, the most populous country in the world.

2 Likes

True but as we are talking mainly of it being pirated over YouTube this should also be mentioned, YouTube is also not available in china

2 Likes

You make a fair point, though I don’t have a problem with reporting YouTube videos for copyright, because that’s just in their guidelines (Var made a point about that, and I don’t disagree with him there), and feel that this is a matter of piracy in general and the availability restrictions that trigger it, as well as how there are plenty of people dealing with the same restrictions concerning Netflix that we do with Ninjago.

But still, fair point, given YouTube’s involvement and convenience.

I’ll still mention that we haven’t even begun too cover the people that’ll just never own Netflix for whatever reason, and as such won’t be potential viewers that piracy is stealing, but that’s admittedly flimsy.

Doesn’t stop the taking of the moral high ground from being hypocritical though.

We can at least look forward to Ninjago episodes getting official releases at some point, most likely within the upcoming year. Pirating them is not something we have to do to see them. We choose it for the sake of convenience. Are we suddenly hindering the show?

2 Likes

This is a good point, but I would like to point out it is off topic. as it is now a debate on ethics more than discussing the pirating of Journey to One. It would be a valid argument, for another topic

1 Like

Netflix pays lego a lump sum of money to purchase the show and its rights, if the views do poorly they probably wont commission more episodes, if they get more the expected views I imagine they pay lego more money and pay for more episodes eventually.

That’s exactly what I said but in different words

The action that we’re able to effect through YouTube is pretty limited; I’m writing a letter to Lego. Anyone want to join?

1 Like

The only people who can legally take these videos down are lego. PS i watched the series on netflix

Other accounts with the pirated netflix videos:

Thomas Wagner
ABC KIDS
LEGO BIONICLE - The Journey to One
Cartoon Film
New Cartoon
Bryce Duyvewaardt
Aakash Jain

There are likely more. I’m sending LEGO an e-mail about this.

Edit: sent the e-mail. Let’s hope these guys get banned.

People don’t want to pay for Netflix? It’s 8 dollars!!! Surely people can afford a measly 8 dollars a month, A MONTH!! Also, like the TTV crew said many times in their podcasts, don’t get pouty when Bionicle gets cancelled, because you will be one of the forefront reasons it did by watching it illegally.

2 Likes

Can my Youtube account be removed for flagging pirated JTO episodes?

Disregarding the fact that I actually own Netflix and watched JtO legally, and wasn’t advocating the pirating of it

(way to jump to unfounded conclusions by the way)

(10/10)

Bionicle was set for a three-year run. The success or failure of Journey to One won’t shorten that. An extremely large success may or may not encourage Lego to extend that time, but that would be a bonus. Ending in 2017 will be Bionicle running its course, not Bionice getting cancelled out of failure. Besides, Lego is a toy company, first and foremost. In the end, it’s the success of the sets that determines whether or not Bionicle goes on. Remember, The Legend Reborn’s mixed reception wasn’t what caused G1’s discontinuation. It was the loss in toy sales, specifically those from the year before the movie even came out.

And further more, this could be said for pirating anything, including Ninjago, since watching seasons ahead of time discourages watching them when they come out.

You seem to be missing my point. Piracy is wrong no matter how you spin it, or whatever excuse you conjure. It’s wrong when you do it, it’s wrong when I do it, and it’s wrong when TTV does. But we all tend to do it anyways at some point or another. So don’t try elevating yourself onto some grand moral pedestal, looking out for a show, because you flagged a few videos. Doing so makes you hypocritical and petty.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Possibly.

The only thing they can be legitimately flagged for is “Infringing my rights”, but since that only applies to the people that produced or released JtO, like Lego or whatever the animation company was, it’s their copyright being infringed, so your flags might be deemed false.

1 Like

Top tip: Buy Lego…

1 Like

Pirating Bionicle JTO will be many of reasons that fans will use as blame if Bionicle G2 gets canceled. The point is that there will be many reasons on why Bionicle many canceled (but remember Lego has not said Bionicle has been canceled, but if is going to be than they probability has been finalized). Anyway the main reason Bionicle may get canceled is that not many people are buying the sets. There were no 2016 set at my Lego store when I went there a few days ago. And a few thousand people watching the show illegally will not be the only reason that Lego would cancel the line.

If the show is a success than Lego may green-light a second season for 2017 or a direct to DVD of theatrical movie. But the only thing that is keeping Bionicle alive is the amount of sets bought. Bionicle JTO may affect on how people think of the show and if they want to buy the sets, but that does not mean that Pirating the show will affect the sales of toys.

But still if you watched the show Pirated then you should not complain about Bionicle being canceled especially if you did not buy the sets at all.

2 Likes

Lego wont cancel the line, they will discontinue it. If bionicle ends after is decided three year course, then thats a discontinue when they stop making sets. If they cut the line shorter then intended then thats a cancel.

Thats biased, you dont know his reasons or even if he pirated the show.

Similarly being pirated doesnt always do bad things for a show. Game of Thrones for instance, was heavily pirated during its first season because it was an HBO show, you know what happened? More people knew about the show and some even went and got HBO subscriptions to watch it.
That show is going into its 6ths season right now and they haven’t done a thing about its piracy.

Ive yet to see a show get canceled from piracy.

1 Like

I get the difference between canceled and discontinued now. G1 was canceled because it planned to have two more year in production. And G2 may be discontinued.

But you seemed to ignore what I said at the top which is that Pirating a show will not discontinue the line, the sets will. But if you Pirated the show that means that you probably did not care a Bionicle G2 in the first place. So you should not be the one complaining when it get discontinued (which it will even if it does not in 2017).

BTW I did not Pirate the show I watched it legally on Netflix the day it came out.

BIONICLE G2 is now a bad word.

4 Likes

Found another one, it just popped up in my recommended viewing section. Half the comments were from noble people like you telling the user to delete the video. I e-mailed LEGO with a link, hopefully it’ll get taken down.

4 Likes