Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

Why are they redundent? Let’s look at your argument:

So you seem to be having issue with personality traits, which can easily be solved by expanding their personalities rather than giving them the axe.

4 Likes

I want to throw my 2 cents in here my ideas may be done when it comes down to characters and elements. Ditch the elements as powers keep them as regions and designs. Keep the desert, volcano, water, cave, jungle, and ice villages ditch the powers outside of mask but bring back the G1 everyone has a the same masks if you must have the elemental powers.

Sure, but then we still have the whole elements issue. I think it would be much easier to just integrate their traits into the other Toa and ditch them.

or… we could take away their elemental powers but still have them as heroes, something like Ronin or Lavertus maybe.

Which elements issue? Stone and earth being similar? Because I’m OK with pohatu becoming a toa of nature. Or ice and water? Because that’s a really dumb complaint, ice and water are drastically different elements, I find combining the two to be both unnecessary and nonsensical, ‘but ice is frozen water!’ Yes, scientifically, but the elements and their powers are completely unrelated.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t that kind of defeat the purpose of elemental heroes?

3 Likes

What he said.

1 Like

i was only refering to Kopaka and Pohatu.

Then wouldn’t that also be inconsistent with the rest of the team…

Keep in mind that Lavertus and Ronin are side characters with limited screentime.

1 Like

Also,

Such a non issue, do you not remember edgelord pohatu from g2? It’s a reboot, you can differentiate their personalities.

1 Like

This is an interesting idea, but I don’t think it fits Bionicle. Perhaps a new IP?[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:305, topic:33898”]
Plasma: Specialized users of Fire, more heat conducting Fire usage
[/quote]

Fire. Isn’t. Plasma. I’m honestly getting kinda tired of this.

You just disproved your argument, and your counterclaim is illogical. They may be used in different ways, but they are the same thing. Even three year old me thought having them separate was dumb. I agree with you about repurposing Pohatu and Kopaka instead of removing them entirely, but to say Ice and Water are drastically different is a fallacy.

i was thinking of sollutions to the problem people have with the two, we have so far three sollutions

keep them the way they are now

change their element/powers

or cut them out complitly and make it four toa instead of six.

How?[quote=“SammySpartan, post:337, topic:33898”]
your counterclaim is illogical. They may be used in different ways, but they are the same thing.
[/quote]

Really, cold and liquid are the same thing are they?

2 Likes

Ice isn’t cold. Scientifically cold isn’t even a real concept. It’s the absence of heat. A Toa of Cold would be a Toa of Temperature, which is too powerful.

And Water isn’t just generic liquid. It’s the combination of two Hydrogen and an Oxygen, which just so happens to be the most common substance on Earth.

Personally I like all the Toa the way they are, but for the sake of making Brickonicle different I’d go for less than 6.

As much as I hate to do it, Kopaka and Pohatu would have to be cut. But I enjoy their dynamics with each other and the rest of the Toa, so let’s try and work around that.

Kopaka and Tahu’s dynamic is important, so let’s keep that. So, if we’re axing Ice, let’s make the element foil Fire and Water.

So Gali and Tahu? No, that doesn’t sound right. I think we’re in for something drastically different here.

Okay, even though I’d be personally against this, let me throw out a wild idea just to see what happens:

Tahu, Toa of Fire, same as ever.
Onua, Toa of Earth, but with Kopaka’s G1 personality.
Gali, Toa of Air, just to switch it up, and to break the “water is female” disposition.
A Toa of Water with Pohatu G1’s personality.

Just an idea. Not really one I like personally.

This idea is fantastic. Seriously.

3 Likes

This is flipping fantastic.

5 Likes

In bionicle the element ice allows the user to cool/freeze things, whereas water allows the user to move liquids.

You’re argument hinges on the scientific similarities between ice and water, however that’s not what the elements in bionicle are, therefore the argument is invalid, such was my original post.

4 Likes

Another idea I found in the comments of the newest podcast is (Thank you Dalton Nugent, whoever you are) having the four Toa, and then them encountering Kopaka and Pohatu later on. Like, Pohatu is a Toa of Earth later that specifically deals with ground and rocks while Kopaka is a Toa of Water who specifically deals with ice.

2 Likes

I also really liked that idea, and their duo is really interesting personally.