Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

Goes 100% against the tribal aesthetic.

1 Like

how would anyone feel if Makuta’s powers were connected to death? like Makuta was the deity of Death and his ultimate goal was to end all life in existance, with his reasoning being based on his quote from the Mask of Light movie:

Sleep spares him pain. Awake he suffers.

And Makuta would also exist in all things that were dead, be it a dead body or a dead tree.

like lets say when the Toa meets Makuta for the first time, its in his more well known forms:

but instead of being something that Makuta just created to fool the toa, its instead a corpse that Makuta possesses to communicate with the toa.

2 Likes

Alright, lads.
My idea would be 5 heroes.
Fire - Tahu
Wind - Lewa
Water - Gali
Onua - Earth
Now, I’m basing these on Var’s idea of Earth.
However, the fifth one would be Pohatu, who would be a Toa of Stone/Rock. But I would reimagine the idea of Stone.
Now read me out.
The first four would be mentally very strong, as in they would be able to control their elements very well. But Pohatu would be physically super strong, like he was supposed to be in G1, while Onua in this new G3 would be stronger than the other 3, but not as strong as our big boy Pohatu.
Now, I’d like to talk about the designs/locations of the villages. Fire and Water are pretty self explanatory. Wind I’d say would be either on a tall mountain or in the tops of tall trees. Earth would be In a jungle - which, to add to it, could even be right below the Wind village, which would be in the trees above.
But what about the rock village?
Well, the Rock village would be at the foot of a mountain, let’s say the foot of the volcano that Ta-Koro would be located on top of, so that’s it’s all close together and can be placed in reference to eachother. At the foot of the mountain, there’d be a big hole with a wall in front, and inside there’d be smelteries, crafter’s shops and the like, as well as a large training grounds.
You see, the Po-Matorans, and in turn Pohatu, too, would be real big fans of 3 things - Strength, Honor and Glory. Of course, they would still honor the three virtues (if they were a part of the story), but these 3 would be their main focus.
So while the, let’s say, elemental Toa could beat each other, given the circumstances, Pohatu could beat them through sheer strength and power of will. Tear down any vine, walk through any wind, brush away flame and swim against any current. He would be a personification of pure power, and his, and his matoran’s, control of Rock would come purely from the fact that they’re very strong.

Now, as far as evolutions of the characters go, I’d say they would gain a secondary power.
Tahu would gain Plasma
Gali would gain Ice
Lewa would gain Lightning
Onua would gain Psionics
Pohatu would gain Iron
The reason for all except for Onua and Pohatu are sort of obvious.
Now, Onua would gain Psionics because he would be mentally the strongest, and because of his control of Plantlife already needing a basis of Psionics. Pohatu would gain Iron because, according to him, that would be the next step in Strength. He would create armor and weapons out of Iron, he would bend it with his own hands, all to further his own power.

And if there was a villain, I’d say that they’d have the power of Light, rather than Dark. Why? Because they could consume/ingest Light while also producing it, which would make for a much different dynamic to how it was before.

I think I wrote too much.

2 Likes

Which is, honestly, the main reason why I don’t want it as an element.
I feel like it would work if G3 was in a different setting, which I’d rather not have.

It just came into my mind and thought I’d jot it down.

Sounds very interesting, even aligns well with G1 Pohatu’s competitive spirit and fighting style.

I don’t see Psionics as being a subset or extension of Onua’s revised Earth element though. Most plants don’t have sapience (looking at you Karzahni) so they’re not exactly subject to mind control. This wasn’t an element in G1, but if anything I think I’d prefer if Onua just gained influence/control over rahi and insects.

I know I’m in the minority here, but I wouldn’t mind if G3 wasn’t in a tribal setting tbh. Besides, if anything, if G3 goes on to expand its setting and they travel to new lands that may have more technological/industrial aspects, it could be used to introduce new “less natural” elements like Iron.

I guess on the Psionics part. I was just trying to come up with something that could be added onto his current skillset, and yea, Rahi control/influence works very well, actually.

And just to expand on Pohatu, or to be more specific on what his power set is. If he were to lift up stone, he wouldn’t think about it and lift is arms or something to show lifting, while lifting it with his mind, he would physically lift it, since he is the Toa of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. And then probably chuck it at some poor sod.

1 Like

i personaly have started to like the idea of Lightning taking over the spot of Ice.

though only if we have it be that there are ruins and remains of an older, more advanced civilization that once exited on the island, sort of a Metru Nui like but having been destroyed after a huge catastrophy with the matorans/villagers re-starting their civilization after its destruction, thus the reason for why they have a more tribal looking life and still have advanced forms of technology laying around the island.

Going off of TTV Podcast #237

I’d be all for Voriki, Toa of the Storm, dudes. That sounds pretty rad!

Change him up, too - instead of being a “chosen one” like Takanuva was, he could be a “Toa Nuva” (in G3, this is the form of a Toa who’s achieved mastery over his element) who trains the six Toa in mastering their own elements.

Maybe that’s a bit too similar to Ninjago’s Sensei Wu, but I think it’s a cool idea.

I also made a short, basic write-up of what I think the Toa’s regions and their inhabitants would be like. They’re pretty similar to G1, in all honesty:

• Tahu, Toa of the Volcano (Fire)
  • Ta-Koro, the Volcano Village
    • Sturdy fortress built at the base of/into the side of the island’s volcano.
  • The Ta-Matoran are proud, honorable warriors and adept metalsmiths.
  • Kopaka, Toa of the Tundra (Ice)
  • Ko-Koro, the Tundra Village
    • Snow huts and tall ice towers located on the snowiest section of the tundra and the dangerous cliffs that border it.
  • The Ko-Matoran are studious scholars and survival experts, having mastered the perilous landscape of the region they inhabit.
  • Gali, Toa of the Ocean (Water)
  • Ga-Koro, the Ocean Village
    • Seaweed huts and stone temples/monasteries situated on enormous lily pads. Resides across from a waterfall in a bay surrounded by mist.
  • The Ga-Matoran are devout monks and astrologers who train in ancient martial arts. They share a unique bond with nature.
  • Lewa, Toa of the Sky (Wind/Air)
  • Le-Koro, the Sky Village
    • A series of treehouses suspended in the clouds above the jungle… or a straight up floating isle?
  • The Le-Matoran are carefree, fun-loving musicians and skilled hunters. Only they have been able to tame avian Rahi for flight.
  • Onua, Toa of the Forest (Earth + Jungle)
  • Onu-Koro, the Forest Village
    • Temple ruins and caves in a valley deep in the forest.
  • The Onu-Matoran are wise lorekeepers and proficient miners. They share a unique bond with nature.
  • Pohatu, Toa of the Desert (Stone + Sand + Crystal)
  • Po-Koro, the Desert Village
    • Pueblos nestled in the barren canyons of the region.
  • The Po-Matoran are secretive artisans known for their market expertise and athletic prowess. They are nomadic; wherever they currently reside in the desert region is considered Po-Koro.

AND…

• Voriki, Toa Nuva of the Storm (Lightning)
  • The Thunder Plateau (“Vo-Wahi”?)
    • A small, isolated region never traversed due to the constantly raging storms.
  • Voriki is a powerful master of his element – a Toa Nuva!

I’m sure I’ll be changing details around on a regular basis, but this communicates the basic ideas I have at the moment.

11 Likes

oh boiz, why are the interesting elements underrated?

1 Like

i’m with you

i think that we should leave the toa with their original titles (e.g. tahu toa of fire, kopaka toa of ice, gali toa of water, lea toa of air, onua toa of earth, pohatu toa of stone and voriki toa of lightning) rather than giving them the names of their ecosystems. i dunno it just seems off to me. the powers depicted in this are fine just the titles of the toa i think should remain what they were

If you’re going to change their personalitie, just don’t in fact why do they have to have he same names, I had this problem with G2, why change fan-favourites? why not create new fan-favourites? I understand you enjoy the G1 bionicle but if every toa of fire is named Tahu then it’s going to get confusing, very quickly, more confusing the G1 which is a record

Like seriously why can’t you post this in AG3

The Toa Nuva concept is quite interesting, but I can’t get over how Voriki is a mentor and master to the Toa instead of a powerful force outright. For all we know, Voriki would never have seen another Matoran besides Vo-Matoran, much less other Toa, so how would Voriki know how to even respond to the other Toa, much less train them?

I wrote that post months ago, so it’s outdated. :stuck_out_tongue: Both my ideas and the official plans of TTV have changed a bit since then.

1 Like

Im with you in the stone group