Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

Ok then… You may want to read the last twenty or so so that you know what’s going on.

Congrats?

Most people do.

Ditto

Personal issues with Onua’s new powerset aside. This actually does sound like a cool setting. I’m down with it if this is where TTV is taking it[quote=“JonBlueFire, post:816, topic:33898”]
Personally, I’d like to see them set on black colored Mountains, so the sunlight could still adequately photosynthesize their crops, but have caves in the mountains where the matoran would live, train, sleep, etc.
[/quote]

I also like this along with the farm idea. Is there a current thread talking about Matoran culture? If not, someone should start one after TTV reveals their more-or-less final decisions on the elements in the next podcast

Living the dream, man~

3 Likes

If ice did go to lightning, what would the setting be?
I know @Oomatu wanted it to be mountain still with Static electricity and stuff, would could work, but then it kind of crosses over with his Water-koro idea. The water region would have just rain, and the Lightning Region would have just lightning, while I know it happens, kind of feels… segregated and sort of unnatural in a way…

Well, there are a couple things you could do:

1. you could have the bay that opens into the coral reefs and the floating water village exist at the base of the mountains and have the eternal rain and lightning go hand in hand.

2. you could put the mountains by the desert and make it heat lightning.

1 Like

The first option works for me, quite well!

1 Like

I’ve kept up with this topic for a while… Overall my ideas basically line up with everything Scorpion_Strike has written in his (separate) post.

I personally don’t care about stone going, but I really don’t want ice to leave…

I wouldn’t mind seeing where it goes, though.

Lol, sorry to fan the flames!

I have another idea for Ga-Wahi that I’ll draw up tomorrow. Basically we would keep the coral plants, but the entire region would be a huge “Tidepool”. Throughout the day, the water would rise and fall revealing and concealing a terraced landscape. As the water fell, the mesa cliffs would become waterfalls.

Also Generation 3 Art: Toa, Environments, and Colors [Larger Images] - #39 by Oomatu

2 Likes

hey @Jon i have this idea here for the villagers, what if their cultures originated from one culture wich then had three off-shoot tribes made later, as in the first culture was the Earth tribe, and then later the Fire, Water and the Air tribe was founded later on who then cut their ties to the Earth tribe.

and if Ice is going to be replaced with Lightning, then they would have been created by outcast members of the Water and Air tribe who were more focust on science and then set up their new culture high up in the mountains to harness the power of lightning.

when it comes to the sixth tribe which was once Stone but given how no one can agree on the element and the possibility that it might be cut out complity, they would not be a real tribe but more of a large number of traders who’s members originates from different tribes, who all thus travels around the island to do business.

Don’t worry about it!
I was just wondering about their setting; I love your concepts and ideas, so if ice was to become lightning, I’d want the tribe to look like your concepts as much as possible!

Hey @Jon,
I stated this before, but I just remembered it this morning:

From what I’ve gathered, most of you at TTV essentially want four elements/toa- Tahu, Gali, Lewa, and Onua, representing Fire, Water, Air, and Earth, respectively.
However, you also said you wanted six rhakshi.
Something, literally, doesn’t add up.

When Lego makes themes, and, therefore, the characters in those themes, they tend to make both sides equal, unless, of course, they are making swarm enemies.
An example would include Chima:

Other themes may have swarm enemies, yes. Ninjago had much Spooky Scary Skeletons, and Bionicle G1 itself had Bohrok. However these examples still had four and six versions of bad-guys, respectively, as an adversary to the main heroes.

What I’m essentially stating here is simple- if you’re going to cut Pohatu and Kopaka, then you can wave goodbye to these fellows:

2 Likes

No, that was just Var. Jon wanted five because I don’t know and everyone else wanted to stick with six.

1 Like

The same principle applies to five though, if they cut stone; they’ll just give up Panrahk.

But most of them want to stick with six. Only two members of TTV have expressed a desire to change the number of elements and they don’t even agree. Based on the fact that everyone else on the podcast want six, and the landslide victory for six in the polls, I’m pretty sure they’re gonna go with six.

3 Likes

I hope they will, as well!

(my statement was mainly directed towards Jon and Var, and no other cast members really said anything that would make them changed their mind. Obviously Eljay wants six, but no one really stated an argument that would win Jon and Var over, yet.Hopefully, the above statement will)

1- One thing you guys (Podcast guys) never discussed is whether or not Kopaka and Pohatu need elements. If you wanted to go with the four elements why not make Kopaka and Pohatu “normal”. Stone was always too confusing with earth and Pohatu rarely ever uses his elemental powers. He relied more on his strength and skill so not having an elemental power isn’t such a huge change.

With Kopaka, I still like the idea of ice and think it should used. Ice has enough distinction that it doesn’t easily get confused with water. In many games Ice attacks and monsters have their own distinction. There are many super heroes who have “Ice-only” powers. Ice vs Fire is a strong theme in Ragnarok and is popular in fantasy. Also, we have an entire season of Ice, winter. And let’s not forget Elsa from Frozen.

(Stone and Earth would be like telling the difference between snow and Ice)

*2- Another possibility is that the Toa’s individiual powers reflect their region.
Tahu =Volcano
Gali =Ocean
Lewa =sky
Kopaka =Winter
Pohatu =Desert
Onua =Earth, Plants and the Underground

This would allow them to start with one element and potentially move on to something more.

I really like the idea of making Onua the Toa of Plants as well as Earth.
(i.e. he could make fissures in the earth and control plant life)

I don’t much care for the white on Lewa

I still say it makes no sense.

2 Likes

It may not make sense, but Lego has done it in their Elves line.

True, yet that guy has colors of shades of Green, like how Toa of Plant-life should look like. Var’s idea would add brown and green to black, which might not look as aesthetically pleasing.

lol. Try reading it now.

That doesn’t mean it’s a logical move. Also, Elves is based around having just the 4 classical elements (I only base this claim on what Brickipedia says, so I may be wrong; but if so, then it’s still a different case than Bionicle), while Bionicle had over a dozen in G1.

I’m just going to through this out there…
Now, I don’t really want to have a iron metal tribe in this hypothetical G3, but if we did, I think it would be best if they were settled in a scrap yard with possible factories scattered throughout the trash lying above. They could even replace the Fire guys as metal workers/blacksmiths.
Does this random thought interest anyone?

1 Like