Brickonicle vs G3

No matter how much we propose the idea of Brickonicle or make material, I find it highly an unlikely that the LEGO company, if they do make G3, will make it a brick series. Brickonicle is more like an ideal for the TTV community. However, it is relatively possible that they would bring back Bionicle. If they do, that would be referred to as G3, but the idea of Brickonicle could still exist, however it would then be G3. It also makes more sense to me that we have one name for an ideal, and one for something more realistic. I would like to request that we use the name “Brickonicle” for the fan made series, and G3 for everything officially announced by LEGO.

5 Likes

Agreed. I’ve seen some great brickonicle Mocs but if anyone here actually remembers the g1 brick sets you’ll remember that phase didn’t last long.

If I’m honest I don’t even want to hear lego mention the name Bionicle after the .0001 percent effort they put in to advertising g2.

1 Like

There seems little need to have a distinction between a fanmade project mimicking a hypothetical reboot, and an actual hypothetical reboot. The current name of TTV’s series is just Bionicle. Many fan projects used the same name, even as G2 came out, so why would there be an issue with doing it now?

I think the term “brickonicle” is just used to make it more clear that it is a fan project, since many people who aren’t familiar with it would see “bionicle g3” and think that bionicle is officially returning, only to click on the video and be sourly disappointed. But you’re right, lego definitely would keep the original name

Actually I had this thought earlier today. If Lego were to bring Bionicle back, they would probably make it available to the larger portion of their fans, system. They would for sure make Constraction figures, too.

I think it would be OK if it had a completely different team, although I guess having Greg would still be alright. If it were done more by fans of the series than actual LEGO employees, it would be pretty good.