Broken/Damaged Masks

My silver Ignika came bend too

This isn’t mine

What has Ehrye been eating?

7 Likes

I can hear Slime crying from here.

5 Likes

I’ve got a warped silver Ignika too. I have a perfectly aligned one as well, fortunately.

I also received a ■■■■-ton of 06 and 08 parts from a friend. The Iden had been on the receiving end of a dog. Fortunately I still have my own Iden… well, fortunately if I didn’t hate the Inika masks with a passion.

1 Like

You should try to make it look battle scarred with a neat paint-job.

1 Like

Oh hey it happened to me too with that mask (and it was a new set, just like yours)!
it’s a factory error or something, and I never bothered to buy a new one.

(also, I know, I replied to a very old post)

Other than that, my Kirop was once hit by a deadly football ball (or soccer ball, how you prefer), which caused a bit of damage to its mask. The mask itself is a bit bent, and the axle is no longer there. Instead, it is now permanently inside the AV Matoran head. If I ever find it in my bin of parts, I’ll post a picture.

Chirox or Kirop? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i once accidentally stepped on my golden 2015 miru, and it cracked right down the middle. Luckily, it was on a carpeted floor so the mask didn’t break entirely.

I don’t think I’ve broken any other masks. I think I’ve been a few axles on them, though.

1 Like

I stepped on my golden mask of creation, it only bent one of the connectors and I was able to bend it back…

That was scary…

3 Likes

Oh man I have stories about standing on masks.

One time i went to kneel down and put all my weight on the 2016 onua golden mask. My knee was bleeding from the sharp plastic, but instead of tending to that, I went to the sink right away, turned on the hot water, and bent the mask back into place.

One of the side connectors had bent 45 degrees, but I was able to bend it back.

Same thing happened to a gali mask but it was bent when I got it.

Oooops, I meant Kirop. The thing is that “chi” in my language is the same as “ki”, so I messed up :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Well, both characters’ names are derived from “Chiroptera”, the scientific term for the bat family.

3 Likes

While I cannot provide pictures, I have a Miru that had the part between the eyes snap and it looks really thin. I have a Hau that appears to have some visible bites? I don’t bite my masks. And I have a Hau that’s got visible marks on it from bending (again, not done by me.) And the final, not necessarily damaged, masks would be 2 gold Avohkii’s that look like the layers of plastic are coming off.

1 Like

I think those Avohkii may have a form of Gold Plastic Syndrome. I’ve heard people saying that their Avohkii have it in the past.

When lego makes Chrome lego pieces (instead of their weird not-quite metallic stuff) they use a metalic paint to cover the part.

I’m a little salty since I have about a dozen parts in chrome colors and all of witch have giant amounts of chrome flaking away.

My rare silver-stormtrooper figure is missing a lot of chrome (and worse yet there are a few places it never was) and since lego printed over the chrome that has rubbed away as well.

As far as real masks though. I have broken 2 Olmaks and froze one Rode (strangely it survived but I doubt it is nearly as durable anymore)

1 Like

Oh, it happened to me too with some Toa Metru masks. The plastic Lego used back in those days wasn’t really the greatest quality.

1 Like

When I was nine or ten, my dog actually chewed on my Noble Huna from the 2001 Vakama set. I tossed it, but it was actually kind of awesome looking; the upper right side of the vent at the top was all twisted, and so was the “beard” on the lower half.

3 Likes

how I felt when Viper changed her name

14 Likes

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - (2015)

16 Likes

Strangely…I really like it. I would totally do some modding and painting to make it look actually damaged.