But Not Real Steel

Would anyone be interested in a Real Steel-style RP about robot boxing? It would be more moderated combat so no autohitting, etc.

5 Likes

Is this like people telling robots to fight or can you play as a robot 24/7?

1 Like

I don’t know. I figured I’d ask a really broad question and see what ideas I get.

Well they do have that shadow boxing feature, at least some.

And I feel it would be neat, at least.

1 Like

Eh. Personally I’d play a robot over a normal human 10 out of 10 times.

2 Likes

I figured robots was probably the route to go. It’s no fun having robots in your control and not having existential horror as they contest morality, organic life, and the actual advantages presented by punching other machines in the face violently until they drop.

2 Likes

Uhhh, sure? Auto hitting is kind of just there at this point

Sorry to all those layers who learned RPing off Arena Battle, but one of the main reasons the majority of RPs die in a week is how limited their structure is. Not asking people to play at least somewhat fairly is going to make good players keep away and players who want to win every fight crowd the scene.

Regardless, is there anyone who’d like to see this concept come to fruition? So far it’s been a few people asking questions and I’m wondering if I should just can the concept.

2 Likes

Not just arena Battle, literally any rp run by mctoran and I’d love this idea

This is honestly a shame, autohitting is such a minor thing in theory, but without it the games are so much better

2 Likes

I agree

I would be interested in this game. I watched the original movie two or three times when I was younger, and the concept always fascinated me.

Maybe forget the human side and it works. Intelligent robots are far more interesting then robot Pokémon.