Cataclysm

As each nail is interested into the first, the AN is distributed evenly and eventually the nail stops stretching. The result was a macabre thing. A thin long nail, the size of an estoc, with three nails jammed into the “handle” the rest of the nail had an edge that was almost nauseating to look at. It’s “blade” seemed to be coated in fractals. Closed shapes with infinite sides, you didn’t need to be a cosmic 4th dimensional entity to realise that being stabbed by this would be nasty to say the least.

@Mctoran
Rays of light and plasma diffused off the armour, leaving patches of thermal discolouring, Omega advanced. Guns now in alignment, the autogun chattered as a maelstrom of antimatter rounds were inaccurately spat forth

1 Like

Dr. X carefully examined the weapon to make sure it was complete and stable.

It seemed to be stable, though wielding it would probably maim whoever gripped it, still a nice and effective blade

Dr. X carefully puts it into a containment case before turning to face the Energies.

I have forged the three, what say about their quality? he thought at them. (@Mctoran)

1 Like

The energies hummed with a tone of approval.

The Gamemaster opened a portal in front of the bullets, drawing them in.

From behind Omega, another portal would open and the bullets flew out.

Each shot clattered against armour, scratching and scraping like claws, but Omega still advanced

1 Like

Mark and The Gamemaster clashed. They fiercely battled each-other, sword against cane.
Mark parried The Gamemaster fiercely, along with Sadie and Richard all at once.

The Gamemaster glared.
“I had enough of this. No more warm ups. Now it’s time for me to actually try!”

With that, everyone found themselves enveloped in darkness. No one could see themselves or each-other.

@TBT_Emerald
Luxatium would see a fearfully huddled, cowering figure on the ground. He would be able to recognize the figure as Umbrian, even in the blackness.

Where were you when he needed you? A disembodied voice said to Luxatium, seemingly from all directions. It was The Gamemaster

What’s stopping you from hurting him again?

@Toa_Radrix
Hydronicus looked around him as he tried to Pierce the infinite void surrounding him.

You failed your mission. You failed to stop The Xir’algath… The Gamemaster said, speaking specifically to Hydron.

As Hydronicus turned around, he saw the image of a dismantled robot that resembled himself. A sign hung around it, reading “DEFECTIVE”.

Meanwhile, Jessica would suddenly notice strings attached to her body. Her arms and legs were then tugged around by the strings, as her body was controlled by enormous figures looming over her.

Face it, you are nothing more than a puppet to IFAV…

@L.O.S.S-KAL
Yakiv would see before him the image of a burning house. Several charred arms stuck out from the windows, reaching out to Yakiv. Calling to him.

You were able to save yourself, why couldn’t you save them?

Boris would see the image of his ex wife, angered at him. She began to approach him and start to bicker.

Mule found himself in the middle of a desert. If he looked up, he would see a sky of swirling chaotic colors. He began hearing the voices in his head once again, voices in an unknown language. This was then soon accompanied by the sound of scraping within his skull.

@Tarkur
Tarkur saw before him the image of scientists chastising and ridiculing him.

You are a failure. Nothing more than a failed experiment…

@meepinater
@Khalsa721
Sadie and Elias saw before them the image of their parents, fearing for their lives as they were bound in chairs and subjected to The Gamenaster’s twisted games.

Your parents were worthless from the beginning. They died for no reason, and you were not able to save them…

Ricjard saw before him a mirror. He slowly approached it.
You will never be able to rise from the Shadows of your legacy…

Suddenly, richard saw his mask change in the mirror before his eyes. Now it was The Gamemaster’s mask.

His helmet dissolved back into its slimmed line color as Bruce would find himself in a somewhat of a familiar place. It was the place where his parents died in the supposed car accident, he was the first one to be notified with the horrible news that day.

He looked around it was snowy, the car where it crashed was in a streetway filled wintery tree and snow ever so slightly laid against the wrecked down, flaming car.

Bruce felt shooked, his heart was pounding against his chest at the familiar sight, he never could really coup with the loss of his parents so well, or any loss of a loved one really.

“What is this…?” He asked, looking around as the place looked so surreal, he turned in circles and saw now one only his parent’s outstretched cold, rotten hands towards him as they shambled ever so closely.

What do you think? the Voice which was Gamemaster’s asked.

Bruce fell down on his knees when he saw that the shambling dead corpses that were his body fell down on the snowy ground. “Mom…Dad…” He said with a shaken voice, slightly breaking up.

He took their corpses into his hands, not caring if they were rotted as he nuzzled them and suddenly began to cry over them sobbingly.

Nothing could have saved them and you weren’t even there to try, why? Tell me, Bruce… The voice of the Gamemaster continued to speak.

“I…I…I couldn’t…I was…” Bruce broke in tears even more.

A weakling? Coward? Failure? Yes…you were. Everyone who loves you…dies.

Suddenly the scenery changed as he found himself in another familiar place, it was the balcony of the President and there were two familiar figures, Black Hood and Amara…

“No…don’t~” His lips were shaking as he saw his ex dead wife lying on the floor. Bruce always felt responsible for her death, maybe if he would have done things differently, Amara wouldn’t be dead right now.

She died, Bruce…Because of you. Said the voice of the Gamemaster.Even with your efforts, with your skill. You couldn’t save her, you failed her just like everybody else. But here is a question…who’s to stop you from failing them…?

Then Bruce appealed in another wintery filed and this time he found himself sitting on his knees and in front of him was, Katrina, Sophie, and Logan. His wife and two children.

His eyes suddenly widened as he knew what the Gamemaster meant, what if he was going to fail them as he did Amara, Antipatros and his parents? He didn’t know himself anymore.

“I would never.,” Bruce said with a few sniffs. “I love my wife and children…I’ll even give the entire world to them. I cannot die…I mustn’t…” He shook his head, dismissing the thought.

Bruce, you’re just a man in a can. Whenever you promise your wife that you’ll come back…you know that sometimes you don’t know that yourself…

“What if you die, Bruce?” Asked Katrina suddenly. “What if you don’t make it back home like you always promised you would?”

Bruce muttered something but couldn’t really speak as he heard the judgemental words coming from his own wife.

“What if, Logan and Sophie will have to grow up without a father because you weren’t able to leave this dangerous life behind?”

“I want to go home, daddy…” Begged Sophie.

“Please, don’t leave us, dad. We need you…” Logan said.

Bruce crawled towards them and took his kinds into his arms. “I’ll never leave you alone. I promise…” He said as he started to nuzzle them.

“Bruce…” Said Katrina. “Don’t make promises you know you can’t keep…”

“Katrina…stop thinking that way.” He stood up and took her into his hold. “I love you and I’ll always come back…” He said and Katrina suddenly started to cry sobbingly.

“How when you always tend to make the sacrifice and put your life in danger…?!” She nuzzled his neck and started to cry while hugging him.

“Please…let’s leave this behind…let us go home and be a family while we still can…” She begged him.

Bruce hugged her back as tightly as she did and kissed her cheek.

“I…” He didn’t know, he always thought he had something to prove that he needed redemption and forgiveness but he didn’t want to lose his second chance at having a life again.

“Let’s…” He said simply…

Mark saw before him, an image most disturbing. It was his parents, disappointed in him and suffering in poverty.

You never won that money for your parents. You couldn’t even win one match! And they died all alone of old age, thinking you failed them!

Who shall wield these? Dr. X asked, referring to the weapons he had made.

“Замовкни замовкнизамовкнизамовкнизамовкнизамовкни!”

Game master heard one thing, other than whimpering and screams.

humming, and then singing.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,

When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveller in the dark,
Thanks you for your tiny spark,
He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep,
And often through my curtains peep,
For you never shut your eye,
Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark,
Lights the traveller in the dark,—
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.
How I wonder what you are!"

“That doesn’t mean that we never will”

“You’re no more than puppet yourself, you know…” Jessica said trying to keep calm and defend herself

Tarkur planeswalks away from the fight only to return after what seemed a very short time. “This is going to be beautiful!” He exclaimed as a big blue light emitted from behind him creating a portal connecting his current location and Ravnica.

He turns around and runs into the portal he returns screaming “charge!” As he exits the portal following him an armada of different creatures all with different clothings and machines. Mages of diffrent expertice readying there spells. They all head towards the gamemaster and in unison they let out, “For Ravnica!”

Luxatium looks at Umbrian, hurt in his eyes. “I’m sorry I failed you.” Luxatium whispers, then walks closer to Umbrian. “Can you forgive me. I didn’t know where you were or what was happening. Please, I’m sorry.” Luxatium then falls to his knees.

1 Like

“No, no that’s wrong!” Mark screamed out loud. He slashed his sword at the illusion of his parents, dissipating them into clouds of smoke. Out from the darkness, a laserbeam was blasted at Mark and he was knocked unconscious.

@Toa_Radrix

The Gamemaster, angered, launched a Xalnergy blast towards Jessica.

@L.O.S.S-KAL

The Gamemaster stood there, confused.

@TBT_Emerald

Suddenly, like a lightning bolt, the realization would strike Luxatium. It was akin to the sensation when one realizes they are dreaming:

This wasn’t real. None of this was real.

@BlackBeltGamer98

The energies told Dr. X a specific list of warriors who would wield each of the weapons.

“How could I fall for that?” Luxatium mutters. He uses his power, spreading enlightenment to all around him. Suddenly, all the illusions would fade to shadows around the group, leaving Gamemaster in clear sight of everyone.

In an instant a high calibre shell was launched with extreme power towards the gamemaster

She jumped out of the way

The Gamemaster looked surprised as he was revealed to everyone.
“You may be clever enough to have brought down my illusions, but I’m far from defeated!”

@L.O.S.S-KAL

The Gamenaster caught the projectile in mid-flight, crushing it in his hands

It detonated

1 Like

Mark awoke in a place completely new to him. It was an elegant manor, heated by a large fireplace.

Drawn to the heat, Mark approached the fireplace room. To his shock and surprise, Berserker was sitting by the fire in a giant armchair, sipping from a teacup.

“Ah, Mark Mcneil! Come, we have much to talk about!” He said with a British accent, motioning to the chair opposite of him.

“Okay…” Mark slowly said, reluctantly sitting down.

“Tea?” Berserker asked, offering a small China cup.

Mark held up his hand, declining the offer.

“Now, I’m sure you’ve got many questions. Questions like, ‘Why is my subconscious structured like an old british manor?’.” Berserker told Mark.

“Wait, I’m in my subconscious?! What are you doing he-” Berserker suddenly chucked his teacup at Mark, shattering it on his face and splashing piping hot tea all over him.

“Ow! What the hell?!” Mark shouted, holding a hand over his right eye.

Berserker abruptly rose up from his chair, angered.

“Don’t you see? I do not live in your subconscious, I am your subconscious! We, are, one!” Berserker exclaimed.

“But…why does my subconscious speak in a British accent?” Asked Mark.

“That’s besides the point!” Replied Berserker, flailing his four arms in exasperation.

"My point is, you view my as a separate entity living within you, just so you don’t have to take responsibility for the things you do when you go Berserk. You are living in denial, Mark. Only when you accept that you and I are the same being, can you truly start to regain your self-control… "

Mark was dumbfounded, unsure of what to even say. He had never expected Berserker to sound so…smart.

“So what can I do?” Mark asked Berserker.

“You can start, by accepting your true nature.” Berserker said.

Mark nodded, and with that he firmly grabbed Berserker’s hand and shook it.

The Gamemaster didn’t even so much as wince as his hand blew up. He approached Omega, grinning.
“Nice try, but it will take more than that to stop m-”

Suddenly, from out of nowhere The Gamemaster was struck by Skullbreaker. The weapon sailed through the air, returning to the hand of a large figure. But it wasn’t Berserker. It was Mark. He possessed only about half the height and strength of Berserker, but he made up for what strength he lacked with his higher degree of intelligence and awareness.

The Gamemaster laughed at the sight of Mark.

“It’ll take more than you to stop me, shorty!” He exclaimed, charging up a ball if energy in his laser cannon arm.
Then, he sent a volley of Xalnergy blasts from his arm cannon at everyone.

@Toa_Radrix
@TBT_Emerald
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@meepinater

The Gamemaster would suddenly feel something hit him, a bullet. It didn’t hurt I mean what kind of human weapon would hurt? Then again the bullet was glowing pretty bright.

“Light the scum up comrades.” Yakiv spat before emptying his weapon’s magazine into the gamemaster with phosphorescent tracer rounds that quite literally lit him up

1 Like