CHANGES INCOMING

Hey Guys, it’s me again!

This topic is to forewarn you that over the next few days I’ll be slowly dismantling and updating this forum. Don’t worry, your games will still be playable and your topics won’t be broken or anything like that.

The basics of what will happen, are quite simple. This forum will become solely for In-Character topics. What this means is that your signup topic will be moving to a new, currently hidden subcategory that will appear next to this one as “RPG Discussion.”

The RPG discussion subcategory will become your hub for Out-Of-Character interactions and signups, as well as hubs for any information your Game Masters might want you to know. With that in mind, the biggest change you’ll need to adapt to at the moment will be that the majority of your OOC interaction should be carried out there.

Your GameMasters will be able to create topics specifically for out of character interaction and discussion of the game. What this means for you is that from here on out, OOC Only posts will not be allowed in game topics. Will I be enforcing this heavily? No. Will i be periodically checking to make sure no one’s going off on a fifteen post back and forth with no actual game in between? Yes. And I expect the GMs to help me with this for the sake of their games.

I promise you no punishments will be given for this, but the intent is to make sure the games topics flow as smoothly as possible!

So with that in mind, there is a currently hidden subcategory that certain topics will be migrating to. I’m going to try to do this as quickly as possible either April 4th or April 5th, but I don’t know exactly how long it will take to get everything moved over. Your games will still be playable, but the RPGs forum may flicker in and out of existence while I get things settled. I promise you no topics will be deleted, but there will be a different set of rules when the board comes back, and I expect these rules to be respected.

GM’s, please take this opportunity to reach out to me about any questions you have. I’m going to try and make this transition as painless as possible but I know it’ll be an inconvenience for some of you while I do it. Also consider preparing your RPGs to be restarted with new topics, as this will be your opportunity to do so!

I’ll be archiving all the topics present in here, so if yours disappears for a time, rest assured it still exists and shall return!

Thanks in Advance for your Cooperation, and Sorry for the Incovenience!

~Hawkeye

20 Likes

Im really excited to see the new changes now.

Does this mean OOC pms aren’t needed now if we have an OOC discussion topic?

1 Like

That is exactly what this means! : )

EDIT: Though I will say, there’s nothing like a good old fashioned Clandestine planning of a crazy moment in PM to get the blood pumping.

~Hawkeye

4 Likes

Seems pretty convenient. That’s pretty lit.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/JISLwhs.gif

-cough- Looking forward to the changes, Kini. Definitely necessary getting rid of most OOC’s in-game, will make the in-game topics read nice and uninterrupted just like a story =P

–Akaku: Master of Flight

4 Likes

Yes! Finally!

4 Likes

I’m glad to see that there is finally some care and love for the RPG section on the site. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I personally don’t like the change too much, but I’m sure it won’t be a big deal for me.

As the procphecies foretold …
The end times

So now it will be structured more like BZP’s RPG forums?

1 Like

Think of it less like “BZP’s RPG forum” and more “structured at all”

The creation of a separate board for RPG resource topics is simply to structure things a little better for the games themselves. Dont worry, I’m going to be significantly more hands off than BZP ever was, but im also not going to ignore this forum like it has been in the past.

2 Likes

Wait, it was ignored in the past?

It’s been neglected. The rules haven’t been updated since the board was first created and I sincerely doubt that nothing has happened in four years to necessitate an update or clarification to the rules. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What happened to the Community Reviews Sub-Category?

It currently sits under the Creative Content heading.

Okay. Thank you!