Civil War: Should Eljay Remove His Mask for Video Recordings?

That is one of my favorite things actually.

I’m on team Eljay with this one.

Yeah same.

1 Like

TTV prank gone wrong?

8 Likes

Shush. Don’t break the realism. I’m enjoying this.

7 Likes

Eljay is like Vega.

If you take the mask off, he’ll take like 10% more damage from attacks

9 Likes

Look, I’m up far too late right now to continue this argument today. Just keep in mind that what you are all seeing today has been boiling for weeks behind the scenes. I’m not sure what idiot decided to bring this argument public, but now that it is keep in mind TTV has had time to mull over this

^ this idiot

17 Likes

I just don’t see why Eljay has so much opposition.

He has his rights.

I think.

7 Likes

The issue is not “should Eljay wear a mask on the show.”

The issue is “should he wear it IRl, When associating with fans?”

Which makes me wonder… @Eljay, serious question here: how is you can meet with fans and people you don’t know in unfamiliar places, but not show your face? It seems like a strange discord here: either you’re so chill you can just meet people you only met online in a random park somewhere, or so secretive you can’t show your face, but the double standard here seems odd. The issue here is you’re trying to have your cake and eat it too. Meet people, yet remain anonymous

I don’t mind either way, I’m just curious.

2 Likes

I mean, Eljay IS the king of Double Standards, really.

4 Likes

Before you get on my case for not editing, let me shoot you down before you take off: My computer isn’t capable of handling editing. I’ve tried on numerous occasions to edit videos but it’s renders my computer useless for at least 8 hours and it’s not even worth it, as the end result is either poor/choppy quality. Plus I need my computer for my other jobs (commissions, my personal redbubble, etc).

I mean hey, if you wanna buy me a brand new computer that can easily render videos in under an hour, then go for it. I won’t stop you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you honestly bringing livestreams into this? The last livestream you did took a half hour to get ready because you had no idea what you were doing, yet you’re claiming that Eljay’s the one holding you back? You didn’t even show your faces during that stream, and even if you did, Eljay wearing his mask wouldn’t ruin anything. Oh no his voice is a little muffled boohoo.
If he was the one who took ages to start the stream, then your point would sort of make sense. But he wasn’t. You were. : )

You can still do video podcasts. Just because Eljay has a mask doesn’t mean you’re never allowed to do videos. ._.

“Extra” level? So a perfectly reasonable level of privacy is suddenly “extra” to you? How are you bending backwards over respecting his privacy? Or simply letting him wear a mask during a video? You don’t even have to do anything extra to accommodate this, yet you have the audacity to claim that Eljay wearing a mask is such an inconvenience for you.

Or you can just include him anyway instead of whining like the baby you are (I mean you’ve got the height to prove it). :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I don’t think so.

The complete success of the personality/worker paradigm is, for example, RoosterTeeth. Fans that know that company don’t just know that company - they are interested in many of the employee’s lives and opinions. A lot of their content is personality content. All of their conventions have the draw of meeting the personalities they know and love.

These guys are animators, script writers, set and graphic designers. And yet they’re also know quantities, celebrities, and people who the fans gravitate to.

If they weren’t onscreen so much, they wouldn’t be as popular as they were. That’s the magic of personalities.

No greater truth has ever been spoken in the history of man.

Personally I would actually go over to Kahi’s side. But lately I just haven’t been able to like him much.

1 Like

Except. Last I checked. Their other videos don’t have as many views as their RvB or RWBY videos, now do they.

2 Likes

I mean I like Kahi too. Heck, I make a game idolizing him as the main protagonist taking down undesirable users and stuff.

But this? This I simply cannot stand with. Next thing you know I’ll have to reveal MY full name too, something I’m not fond with, just to keep my job. And even show my face, just to be more “professional.”

It actually makes me scared.

11 Likes

The discourse is still going huh?

This topic has been certified as “Discourse” by the chef himself

11 Likes

BRING IT ON!!

####please?

I’m guessing you’re an alumni of the Eljay School of Ad Hominem?

Tearing down a strawman doesn’t make your argument right. We could have the worst livestreams in the world, and it doesn’t take away from the fact that the only reason Eljay would not want us to be more personable videos is that he doesn’t want to be. And because he doesn’t want to be, we have to give the entire gig up.

It’s nothing close to being a “reasonable” level of privacy.

Our literal function as a channel is to make videos that other people will see. We aren’t just sending our videos to each other privately as friends, we specifically make them for an audience.

So when you go to do that, suddenly wanting that same level of privacy is inconsistent. It’s like being a real life celebrity with paparazzi. No one argues that it sucks, but you are popular. Your job is to have people be interested in you. If you don’t want the paparazzi, then fine! Give up being a celebrity.

We’re not firing Eljay, nor are we forbidding him to be in any videos. We’re only asking that, going forward, that he just not wear the mask. If he doesn’t want to show his face, he doesn’t need to. But he also doesn’t need to tell us to not make a video because we would all show our faces and he wouldn’t want to.

This will especially become an issue when we are, again, in BrickFair Virginia. We will have plenty of organic, funny moments that we would all want to capture, and I don’t want to not do it because Eljay doesn’t have his mask on and doesn’t want to wear it all day.

The big issue of this isn’t just the mask. The issue is that Eljay wants to have his cake and eat it too. And we were all set to maturely handle it behind the scenes before he decided to make a huge deal for it in public just so fans might pressure me and Var to cave into him.

So if you really want to talk about babies, well, you’ve got nothing farther than him to look to.

Exactly.

Why doesn’t Eljay just wear a mask that doesn’t muffle his voice? Why does it have to be the Miru?

I heard that The Mask of Victory works pretty well audio wise. But that’s not Kahi’s only complaint.

2 Likes

Because he likes the Miru.

5 Likes