Civil War: Should Eljay Remove His Mask for Video Recordings?

Oh hey a new topic for this.

I’m pretty sure Eljay has done vlogs or something before where he just turns the camera up to the ceiling so his face is not shown. Why can’t that just happen? I know it has worked before.

1 Like

Because that would be a waste of rendering time just to include in extra box of video footage that doesn’t actually have anything on it.

Say we’re recording something like book-club and we have 4 people on. That’s four different videos being rendered on a single frame, and four times the amount of time it would take to render.

Why would we bother wasting that time literally rendering a video of a ceiling fan when we can just have someone else on who’s willing to show their face and cooperate with the structure of the video?
And this is also still ignoring any times we want to have vlogs when we’re all in a physical location and Eljay doesn’t have his mask.

The simple solution is to just not have Eljay in the video, but for whatever reason he insists on being a part of it.

1 Like

Or just cut his part out of the video so we can still hear him, too. That could work. It’s not like him having the Miru shows any expression anyways. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Actually… that’s a really good point. You all could have your webcams, and Eljay could have a picture of a miru or something. He doesn’t show his face, there’s no quality drop, and he gets to pitch in his opinion! Win-Win-Win!

3 Likes

Exactly! And you wouldn’t have to have all the extra editing for him, too!

4 Likes

That what I was thinking this whole time.

Why don’t you just have a picture of Eljay and have his audio over that. Or would that take up too much rendering as well?

1 Like

Do it like Daredevil. Wrap something around your upper face.

5 Likes

It actually shouldn’t take too much rendering at all. If it was a MOVING image, sure, but a still image wouldn’t take too much.

Plus we can all recognize Eljay’s voice. No need to show video with him.

2 Likes

Yeah I assumed it wouldn’t take much rendering time because it’s just a still image. I personally haven’t rendered something like that but I know the rendering process.

Also if I were watching one of these, I would at least want a picture of the person who’s talking.

1 Like

Is there a better reason why this has to be an April Fools joke?

What about Meso’s audio? It may not be muffled, but no one has ever tried something like this to get him to buy a better mic to get rid of the ever-present car in his backyard (although, to be honest, that one podcast with the imterupting car was pretty amusing).

If this is legit, here’s what I think: make a poll to see how many people out of the Book Club audience are Eljay fans. Because I’m going to say right now I couldn’t care less about Book Club, no matter who is on it, so I would examine how many out of the people who watch it would flip out over Eljay not being on it and go from there.

And if it’s really that bad, then just leave in his audio.

And in the case this is the April Fool’s joke, allow me to say it is genius. Nothing ropes a community in than a good, heated argument (heck, I’m in it now, even though I was wary to begin with). Not to mention the reverse-psychology of making Eljay the focus again even though no one would expect you to do the same thing twice.

This is even a sooner lead up than last year’s, then. I’m taking this with a grain of salt.

This is the most elaborate April fools prank

1 Like

This has to be april fools although I have to you got me xD. If it isn’t

I’ve never found the audio a problem though

3 Likes

I feel like a good idea if the audio is muffled due to it is record the audio separately
(BUT SO OBVIOUSLY PRAHNK)

1 Like

Except his audio isn’t muffled as bad as Kahi and Var want to lead it on to be. It sounds fine.

2 Likes

Does Eljay have his Mask on for podcasts and stuff or just the Bookclub?

Last time I heard, he removes it for Podcasts. He wears it only when he needs to show his face.

So really it’s just a face issue.

To address that first point, I already have the solution: Make me the camera man.

Secondly, taking me out of videos of which I can actively contribute to is like taking Kahi out of a TTVT about Ace Attorney, or Takuma from TTVT about MLP. Or taking you or Ven away from a TTVT about Spider-Man. It doesn’t make sense to take someone out that has proven they can talk at length about a subject with minimal issue. Why take me out? Why not leave me in?

5 Likes
insert a hashtag :|
makettvgreatagain
4 Likes