Colored Emerald-Man Concepts and Portraits!

Since my upcoming comic, The Mystical Emerald-Man, is still in development, I thought I might as well share some artwork I’ve made for the series.

Here’s some concepts of Emerald-Man using his different powers. His powers are entirely magic.

I figured Emerald-Man will have a bit of a different level of confidence when he becomes Emerald-Man than when he’s just Stephen Barnes. As Emerald-Man, he’s more suave and courageous.

Here’s a colored portrait of Danu, in some different green colors.

You couldn’t have a superhero comic without a main villain, so here he is. The Fetch, an Irish ghost known for posing as other people. I’ve always considered shape-shifting an evil power, so this works.

Onto one of my older villains, I decided to rework his design to make it look more bug-like and as such, I had to have his legs cut off. It adds a new dynamic to the character, since I always have reasons characters look the way they do.

Finally, a nice little drawing of my villainess, Merrow. The background took forever to draw, but I’m quite satisfied with it.

That’s all for now, but I look forward to posting more in the future!

27 Likes

They all look really cool
I can tell the series is going to be very successful

1 Like

Neato

[insert similar remark to what I usually say about your stuff here]

1 Like

I still think Stephen’s mustache should be longer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I’ll definitely be following this project. Looks awesome!

1 Like

How will it fit under the mask? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I mean, he could have some mustache shrinking power that is

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But why is only one of Danu’s eyes blue?..

2 Likes

They’re both blue, I just drew one iris bigger than the other.

2 Likes

Doesn’t have to fit :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s pretty cool.
Some ideas that I got while looking at them were, maybe instead of being bullet proof himself emerald man could make kinda like, shields or something, sorta like forcefields but probably the same thing his sword blade is made from.

And the insect based guy would look really cool if he had a smaller set of arms or something, so he has six limbs like an insect. Or maybe have larger arms over his shoulders or behind them, that could have bladed hands or something, and it could help him climb walls or stuff while keeping his hands free.
Just something I thought of while looking at the drawing with him on a wall.

Or heck he could even be like a centaur ant dude.

Just thought I should share some ideas that came to mind while looking at them.

1 Like

I thought of the shield idea before but I prefer his skin becoming crystal.

1 Like

Oh its his skin becoming crystal, I thought it was just his suit being durable or something.

Nah, it only a suit would be lame IMO.

1 Like

Cool/10 my guy, keep it up!