Could Makuta create Matoran to become Toa?

Stated on the Makuta (Species) entry of BS01, there’s an uncited bit of trivia stating that the Makuta had the ability to create Matoran, but chose not to. If they both actually have this ability and did choose to, would that Matoran have the potential to eventually become a Toa? Would this be by design of the Makuta that created them, or the greater determination of Destiny?

5 Likes

Creating Matoran, yes, Turaga can do that so Makuta could do that. But making them Toa, no, that was something only the Great Spirit could do. Makuta could have done that while it possessed the robot, but did not.

21 Likes

Wait, Turaga can create Matoran? Is that what the first sentence says, or am I confused?

2 Likes

Turaga were indeed capable of creating Matoran through the use of certain machines. The Turaga were the ones who knew how to operate them.

5 Likes

Is that all the information we have? Where is that sourced from?

Greg, on the Lego Message Boards

That was established a long time back. Turaga are able to create Matoran as needed. If, for example, there is some massive project in a city that requires more workers, Turaga could produce them.

5 Likes

Or if there’s a sudden drop in population due to disease (this is questionable), uncontrolled Rahi rampage, Dark Hunter attack or Skakdi raid, correct?

1 Like

Arguably, yes.

4 Likes

How does the Matoran creation process work? That is, what determines the Element of the Matoran and how long does it take? What would the machines look like?

1 Like

This is something that’s stated to probably never be released because, I inferred, “it’s too gross.”

Stated where? Inferred? How is asking what predetermines the Element of the Matoran produced gross?

1 Like

I believe Lehari was thinking of how the actual process of producing the Matoran would look. Which would most likely not be something you’d want to watch. But that wasn’t the question as I understood it.

1 Like

I would…

2 Likes

I can’t imagine it’s any more gross than the Toa Mata reassembling themselves on the beach, or the Matoran Rebuilding.

4 Likes