Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Jacques pulled out his own as he tried to push Ryko’s blade down. “If you wish to fight dirty, I’ll stop treating you as a worthy opponent.” He says, finger on the trigger. “Soldats!” He calls. “Par ici!”

Ryko grabbed another vial and smashed it on the ground, eliciting a large, thick cloud of steam and smoke. He fired his pistol and ran to another street to hide.

Jacques stumbled back at the elicitation of the smoke, and the bullet hit him, lodging in his right arm. He growled as he looked around, not seeing Ryko. “Faire avancer!” He barked. “Et va me chercher mon cheval!”

Ryko climbed up a nearby set of stairs to a balcony looking over the street. He fired his other pistol at Jacques. “I don’t speak stupid!” He yelled down.
(@runa)

Since the steam and smoke were likely still there, that would make the shot he fired more likely to miss, which it did. Jacques wandered out of the smoke and found his horse, mounting and leading his troops further in to the city.

1 Like

Ryko watched him leave.
“Coward.” He retreated down the steps, reloading his guns.
He suddenly coughed, a bit of blood coming up.
“Oh, heck.” He swore. He remembered the stab from the bayonet.
“Musta hit a lung.” He rasped. He walked over to where Sarah had gone.
“Hey!” He called out. “Little help, lady?”
@Runa

Sarah looked up and saw him. “Oh!” She called, running over. “We gotta get ye to the hospital! Follo me.” She said, leading him up to the next set of paths.

Ryko grunted and followed Sarah. He clutched his wound as the pain spiked.
“I haven’t felt anything like this for years.” He growled.

“Stab to da chest’ll do that to ya.” She tells him, leading him across a path to what seemed to be a doctor’s office. “Name’s Sarah, by the way. You?”

“Ryko.” He said, coughing again.
“Bloody bayonets.” He said.

She nods. “Almost as bad as the bullets m’selves.” She says as she kicks open the door. “Doc! Gotta bayonet wound!” She calls.

A doctor runs up. “Sir, this way.” He instructs.

Ryko followed the doctor.
“Got me in the lung.” He said.
“The right one, I think.” He coughed again.

He inspected the wound. “Close. Thankfully only a small cut on the lungs themselves. Means you’re a lot more likely to survive. Come on, we’ve got an emergency surgery to do.” He rushes him into the emergency ward.

Sarah just waits there, finding a seat.

Jacques nurses his arm after he reloads his gun, his company racing to the front lines, which had now progressed passed the center of the city. They had basically won, but the guards and many civilians continued to fight anyways.

After dealing with a slightly crazy Nikidian sympathizer holding his parents hostage, Asher had taken up a position in a watchtower raining arrows on the invading army. Finally, he saw who appeared to be commanding the army from atop a horse. Asher grasped for another arrow out of his quiver, but there were none left. He instead reached for his pistol in his belt. It wasn’t as accurate, but it would get the job done. Quickly loading it, he took aim at the figure on a horse, and fired.

The general’s helmet would be hit, and he’d look up to where the shot came from. Upon seeing Asher, he said something that couldn’t really be heard from Asher’s vantage point, and a few soldiers broke from the pack, trying to make their way to the tower.

Sarah took out one of her swordbreaker daggers and started inspecting it, making sure it wasn’t chipped.

Commander Jacques fell back from his group and rode beside the medic, who started treating his wounded arm.

“I’ll be fine…” grumbled Ryko, but he followed the doctor nonetheless.

“You’re right. When I’m done with you. Without me you’d drown in your own blood.” He says, as other doctors approach. “Bring the anesthetic.” He said, as one went to go get some.

“Wha-I don’t think that’s a wise idea…” Ryko said, backing away.
“I think that’s a really bad idea.”

“Why?” The doctor asked. “Do you want to feel stuff while we’re working on you? We have to remove the blood from your lungs and stitch it up so no more gets in.” He continues. “Now hold still, please. We’re only trying to help.”

“No no no, you don’t understand.”
He opened his trench coat, revealing the vials of fluids.
“A lot of this I tested on myself. It’s in my blood. I dont know how the anesthetic will react.”