Custom Toa Mata Mask Diplay Case

Thank you, @Hutere_the_Toa_of_Air, and @pizzacheetah for the welcome! The first thing I did after I signed up was to read the rules and FAQs. And thank you for pointing me to the marketplace. Even after just a day it seems like you guys have a really good community here!

@Scorpion_Strike Thanks! I am also currently working on a Turaga collection too, although I only have 15 out of 36 :pensive:.
You could have your own Toa Mata Mask collection too, it just takes a lot of time buying lots of masks on eBay, keeping around 10 from each lot and re-selling the rest. It only takes about a year to do.

Edited Double Post.
~Chronicler

4 Likes

Brown row: spot the odd one out.

1 Like

Yes, I know it looks odd, but it is the correct mask according to Lego they never produced a trans-brown kaukau. The yellow misprint mask would look a ton better but I do not own one.

Don’t worry, it’s not like it’s your fault anyway. I would be impressed if level made an entire new colour just for a mask not even in a set as well.

1 Like

I want it but I wouldn’t be able to buy it

1 Like

Lol ok, I’m not too sure on price yet, still have some polling left to do.

If I had one for sale, would you buy it if the price was right?

Edited for Double Post - Waj

My gosh, how were you able to afford this!
It looks so good!

1 Like

I leaned very quickly how to use eBay effectively. I stared with $50 and didn’t spend a dime more on the collection and I also got around 100 figures added to my collection. It’s not hard, just takes patience. I do some woodworking so I made the case, it saved me a good deal of money on it.

2 Likes

I would certainly concider it.

Great! What would you say the max on price one of these would have to be?

I honustly don’t know, but maybe you could sell it to someone for something like 40/80 dollars. I don’t really know. but for collectors this could be a must buy.

This is pretty cool.

You lucky skunk. All those masks make me jelly… Good work.

1 Like

… I need this…

first of all, these need to be mass-produced. there’s a pretty obvious need for stuff like this. :wink:

second, i really appreciate how sleek it is. it could easily go in any room of a house.

third, my only criticism is that it doesn’t seem to be comparable for g2 masks. i realize that this is a more difficult thing to do, and you probably only intended this for g1 masks, but if there were a g2 version of this, i believe you would reach a larger consumer base. just a thought.

2 Likes

Thank you for all of your input, it is most helpful! I have given the g2 masks some thought. I did come up with a design for attaching the new masks (Pictures below) The only issue I came across is that it would be a hair bit more expensive to buy all the parts for the new connection. It requires the new head, a #2 Technic cross-axle, and a ball joint with hole. I would also have to determine how large the case would have to be to accommodate all the gen 2 masks that have currently been released, but otherwise it seems to be doable.

Thanks again!

7 Likes

I’d easily spend at least $80 on this. Or is that too small? What are the measurements of the sides?

1 Like

I think $80-$100 would be a fair price. The dimensions are 19" wide 24.5" high and 3.5" deep.

1 Like

Right. Dimensions! That was what I was looking for.

I would honestly be interested in one of these. This is impressive.

4 Likes