Cyber-Hand's Forge

Interesting material: Introducing Our Newest Material: Black High Definition Acrylate - Shapeways Blog

Thats perfect for Makuta, but how much is it to frosted or polished materials? Price wise.

It has not been released to the public yet.

oh, mate, don’t forget to email me the files in the format i pmed to you.

pmed you my email, btw.

I guarantee it will be much more.

I printed things with that material, it’s pretty strong and flexible where it needs to be. Pricewise from what I’ve seen, it’s gonna cost somewhere along the lines of Frosted Ultra Detail and Acrylic.

The big con tho is the support structures they need to add for the process because they can leave pockmarks on the model.

@Crunchy I’d be lying if I said that material looks appealing visually in the slightest… Maybe it’s just me, but it looks extremely messy.

So umm, was it the right paint?

Can i get a picture of that pony xenomorph on that cutting pad in the background for a sense of scale

https://www.shapeways.com/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-hi-def-acrylate.39855/

I was thinking about this, when Cyber-Hand eventually gets round to making the Mask of Time what material would better suit it how it looked in the comics?

The paint has the same problems as the DC universe, it is to dark and gritty. I did not take pictures, but I will take and post some if you want to see the comparison. It actually wasn’t super far off, it just isn’t light enough.

5 Likes

Add a bit of a white-gold or lighter gold to it.

Just in case anyone was wondering, here is a comparison between the paint, and the mask.

1 Like

Hey @Cyber-Hand I have access to a 3d printer, could i also get the file so i can print it on my own?

yea, the first image, I just realized is a bad example, that looks more like a failed print, the way the roof is melting.

http://www.imagine3dminiatures.com/Imagenes/articulos/3175_pantera.jpg

5 Likes

Just now realized this as my friend and I are playing the Witch King part of the game.

13 Likes

Oh my gosh.
I actually like the MOUP now.

2 Likes

imma take pictures of my MoUP later, after i clean it up.

just got printed today, and the head fits. slightly loose, but forgivable.

2 Likes

My order just arrived, painted my titan scale mask black and waiting for it to dry. The villager sized one might need a different gold paint though, the spray says it can’t be used on plastic and I don’t want to risk it. Gonna ask the shop first before using it.
Edit:

Here’s the titan scale for now, need to get gold paint again as I bought the wrong one accidentally, the one I have is not usable for painting plastic.

3 Likes

@Cyber-Hand Just bought two copies of the mask! I cannot wait to see it in person!