Daft Punk

Meh, not quite. The first Daft Punk song I heard was “Harder Better Faster Stronger” in this really low-tech stopmotion that I saw originally back in like '07. So much nostalgia…

5 Likes

I actually remember seeing that… OMG
nostalgia is right.

2 Likes

Discovery is probably my favorite album of all time. Interstella 45 was alright, but let’s be honest, we all watched it to hear the music >3<. I have most of their albums on my mp3 player, and it’s quite fantastic. I don’t listen to them very much now, but every now and then, I just randomly play a song from them.

2 Likes

They released a new song (I think) called Fragments of Time. I think it might be my new favorite.

I’m in love with their live album

1 Like

Fragments of Time was on the RAM album, which also had Get Lucky and stuff.

My personal favorite from that album has probably remains to be Touch.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was looking through my Google Music library and noticed that it was there, but not downloaded. Which is weird,considering I downloaded the entire album when I got it.

When I got RAM I only really liked a few songs
now I see it’s a work of pure genius
Also please don’t look at my prior comment holy crap no

1 Like

I adore this band, been into 'em since about 2004 yo. They’re my favourite electronic band. c: Btw, my favourite song from them has to be Digital Love, from their Discovery album.

1 Like

It is a solid track, but as far as love songs on Discovery go, I prefer Something About Us. It captures the insecurity of being in love so well.

2 Likes

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger :mask: <-- (Closest thing I can get to their helmets).

2 Likes

So as 2016 marches onward

I have to wonder

do you think they’ll do an Alive '17 tour?

I’d love to see how all the RAM tracks mesh with the old stuff

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get my hopes up quite yet. I’d just wait to see if they announce anything, then get excited. Daft Punk has a tendency to be so sporadic in the way they release content that I wouldn’t be surprised if one day they just announce it out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on new collab w/ The Weeknd
I think it’s great

2 Likes

I discovered The Weeknd thanks to Starboy. It really is a great song, I never knew how talented Weeknd was before it.

1 Like

The Weeknd’s Starboy album came out, last track on there is the other Daft Punk collaboration. I don’t think it’s on YouTube yet, I’ve tried finding it but I’ve heard it on Spotify. It’s the last track on the album and it is a super sweet, chill disco track. It has the robot vocals and it is just so freaking good. It’s one Daft Punk would almost make themselves.

2 Likes

The only weeknd song I’d heard before the collaboration was I Can’t Feel My Face, thanks to Daft Punk I’ve listened to every single one of his albums :stuck_out_tongue:

this artist is possibly my favorite, that or nightcore

I had heard Can’t Feel My Face and In the Night at random points on my mission, but I had no idea either of them were by the Weeknd until like yesterday… So props to the Starboy, and by extension Daft Punk for making me interested enough to check out his album from last year.

Also, to be relevant, I think their best album has got to be Discovery. The overall feel and sound of the album makes it an exciting journey. Takes a while to get through. When I first listened to it like four years ago I thought it was pretty strange, it was one of my first tries at listening to electronic music. But I stuck with rehearing it and it is really good.

Random Access Memories is definitely a close second, I love listening to that album as a whole rather than just individual songs here and there. I’m mostly rooted it 70-80s music of all kinds, so RAM is pretty much like being at home, musically. : P

Edit: Homework is a good album, it has some really catchy drum loops and bass lines. And Human After All’s alright.

3 Likes

Lose Yourself to Dance is an amazing song to just dance to.

And the music video is straight outta Soul Train.

I doubt anything new will come out soon. They make their own clocks.
Which is fine, because I need to save up money to buy RAM on Vinyl and a Record Player to play it.