Dagon Revamp

Ayy itsa me. So after I made Yig, dagon looked kinda gimpy in comparison, so i decided to clean him up a bit. My first priority was colour blocking, Dagon’s colours were kinda all over the place and the build was really patchy. To combat this i condensed the build to be a bit smaller, but i feel its for the better.

As you can see, I’ve divided the colours into azure on top and purple for the underbelly, i also continued the usage of lavender through these dish pieces on each body segment. Lastly, the proportions have been adjusted to be a direct downscale of Yig. Photo for comparison

And here’s a photo of the last version of Dagon before the update for comparison

If you’re wondering where this stand went, fear not, it’s still around, and Dagon now actually comes out of the water, looks pretty cool i reckon

Used these crystal parts for a splashing water effect

So… Lemme know what you think, the feedback ive recieved already has been very mixed, some people love it, some hate it, curious to see how the reception is here.

57 Likes

I really liked the old version, but this one is much better. The choice of solid purple for the belly works much better, and the coverage, shaping, and such on this one looks much more believable and organic.

I also love the stand. Great use of the crystal shells. Dagon looks so cool bursting out of the water.

3 Likes

Thanks man, glad you appreciate all the little details and such :blush:

2 Likes

I really like this version, looks more filled in. Thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

1 Like

I love this moc, but the black tail is kinda out of place. Maybe re adding those black spikes would help

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback my dude, every bit helps

Still one of the best mocs on the boards.

1 Like

10/10 mate i want five

2 Likes

Honestly some more aspects of the last version would look great in this one.

Imo mainly the longer tail would be nice along with with more black

I also kinda miss the light blue that was on his belly in the last version. I dunno. It seemed to fit.

1 Like

I agree the tail could be longer, although i would rather cut out the black as much as possible rather than add more. The blue on the belly also wouldnt really work with the current colour blocking

Its true that it wouldnt but it kinda feels off to me without it.

I dunno. Its probably my sleepy eyes

1 Like

Different strokes for different folks i suppose

1 Like