Dark Forest Fortress Revamp

Here is a revamp I did about 1-2 years back for a castle contest. The goal of the category was to revamp a set; I chose 6079-1: Dark Forest Fortress:

And here is my revamp:

Comments and Criticism is appreciated.

~Reese

76 Likes

Your revamp model looks incredible, but if I wasn’t told it was supposed to be the Dark Forest Fortress, I would not be able to identify it. I can see the elements and parts that resemble the original with the comparison picture, but I think it departs from the original too much. If it was tone down and remade to look more like a modern Lego set, I think it would work better as a revamp.

7 Likes

I don’t think that applies in this situation…

2 Likes

well I can say I dont like the trees, but that’s not really your fault, it’s the stupid pieces lego made

1 Like

there’s a ton of stuff going on so it looks kinda messy, but overall the build is amazing

2 Likes

super cool. I love how intricate and detailed these type of MOCs are.

1 Like

@ajtazt
Fair point; although I will clarify that this was not built to be a modernized set version but rather if the set had been built as a MOC. However, I did take quite a lot of liberties when building, I admit.

Now that I think about it, the color probably throws people off since I used darker colors compared to the original, which used brighter green and blue.
@jayzor17 Thanks!
@Asriel At this point every leaf piece I owned was on this build. :stuck_out_tongue: If I had more I think I would have been able to fill them in a bit more and therefore make it more presentable.
@Ghosty Thanks! Yeah, it is pretty messy but I still enjoy it.
@BlackboltJohnson Thanks! I always do my best to add detail wherever I can.

Awesome! It looks like it could fit right in with the last build. The detail is phenomenal, an the angled walls make the structure very interesting. Great usage of parts as well (one of my favorites is the brown Exo-force arms used as branches)!

2 Likes

Well this is an amazing scene build.

1 Like

Oh it’s oh so good.

1 Like

@Brickpiler
Thanks, angles are always annoyingly hard to pull off.

@Zero
@Rocka99
Thanks!

2 Likes

You definitely took a lot of creative liberties with this build, but I can still see many similarities to the original, and it’s an overall aesthetic marvel.

2 Likes

Looks like the original model on steroids

1 Like

@Stoax
@LTVmocs
Thanks! Glad you like it.

I’m getting David Hensel vibes from this.

1 Like

@BricksOfAwesome
Thanks!

I love the detail, it’s amazing, the only complaint I have is the tree by the house looks a tad small, besides that, this is amazing.

1 Like

Looks awesome!
Is that a lego bear trap in the mouse picture?

1 Like

@Kardax
Thanks! I couldn’t make the trees too big because I didn’t want to run out of leaves (and I still ended up running out of leaves :stuck_out_tongue: ) .

@Morgy
Thanks! It is actually a BrickWarriors bear trap. Forestmen don’t mind being a bit overkill when trying to get rid of rodents. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I see that one dwarf is a Sith lord.

1 Like