Detective Pikachu

I personally feel he could make a pretty alright movie

The thing is that Pokémon has already integrated the changing of their cast slowly for a long time.

Changing your cast regularly also can give an opportunity for your show to have bad spots. Like Digimon Frontier

But it also gives opportunity for particularly good spots, like Tamers.

Also, I know Pokemon regularly changes the secondary characters, but the perpetually plucky ten year old can only be interesting for so many seasons.

1 Like

Don’t forget every season they reset. He could have a Pokémon die right in front of him in one season and then the next season he’s the same kid. At least have your one protagonist grow a little.

That would be great, if Ash ever grew.

-I’m glad that it is set in the Pokemon universe and not doing “a fictional character in a real world” thing (unlike another upcoming video game movie)
-Every scene with Pikachu brings eternal joy to the world
-Interesting design choise with making them look more “realistic”
(can we get a plushie of Pikachu with this face please)

5 Likes

New trailer!

3 Likes

I was never a Pokemon fan, but this is pretty mind blowing even for me.

1 Like

The visuals are nice. Not sure how the movies gonna be

1 Like

For some reason that even I don’t know, I hate that Mewtwo is in this movie.

I just saw it and while it wasn’t perfect I loved it.

Though I love how in yugioh dark side of dimensions the bonus was basically just an alt art of one card but for this movie there’s some effort put into it (not to mention you got the same yugioh card in the DVD so it wasn’t even exclusive to theatres.)

The detective pikachu card is in every pack it seems but the second is seemingly random.

1 Like

Those moves look fantastically weak.

Still I think it’s just for the collectors aspect. I mean when yugioh came out the bonus was an alt art obilisk the tormentor despite no one running any of the gods in any competitive deck.

Finally saw it. That ending was weird. Called half of the dad twist super early on.
The acting imo was uninteresting other than Ryan and the villain, the story like I said was super weird but not bad, and the visuals were great

1 Like

The game is better. Haven’t seen the movie, but from what I’ve heard the ending is completely different.

Well the game is a Pokémon game aka garenteed success so an open ending was ok. I’m glad the movie had a solid end since it helped the story on its own without anything else to accompany it.

I am disappointed they didn’t add the scene with ashs pikachu though. That would’ve been funny seeing Ryan renalds version.

True, but the game it’self was fun. It was well thought out, and they kept you guessing till the end. I just wish the next one wasn’t for switch.

I just hope they release the first game for the switch. I hate when sequels are split between seperate consoles.

yeah… especially when their so expensive. At least the Switch lite is coming out.

That’s the version I’m getting. It’s not like I’d be using the console mode too much anyway.

Yeah. I’m a handheld man through and through. 3DS FOR LIFE!!!