Did the Bohrok turn back?

After Mata Nui use the Mask of Life in the End of the Story, did this heal the Bohrok and turm them back too Av-Matoran?

2 Likes

No.
The swarms are still currently dormant inside the remains of the GSR, though it’s possible that they could be recovered and reprogrammed into servants in the future.

1 Like

Man the whole Av-Matoran into Bohrok is depressing. Poor little guys.

1 Like

Av-Matoran only become Bohrok at the end of their lifespan, so the mask of life would not have reverted them back to be corpses.

1 Like

This sounds legit, but can you say this for sure?.
I understand this in what way what Av-Matoran become Bohrok if it is they Destiny, and not in the End of they Life.
I understand that the Matoran will only become Bohrok if it’s their destiny.
But not necessarily at the end of their lifespan. Toa as an example do not die when they fullfill their Duty.
Ähm Gregs Name is his Username right? Not that I accidentally contradict him

“The Great Beings destined a percentage of Av-Matoran to transform into Bohrok at a certain point of their lives.”

However it’s worth noting that this process did essentially kill the matoran. Bohrok themselves are fully mechanical non-sentient shells. The krana that control them are created through a different process.

Source: BS01

When in doubt check BS01 first.

1 Like

This is what I know. They loose there Mind.
Its not unlikly what they cant turn back, but they are still Organic. Biomechanical.

“Bohrok are insectoid machines”

“The first recorded encounter between Bohrok and Matoran occurred in Metru Nui, when a group of Lightstone Miners broke into a Bohrok Nest in Onu-Metru by accident. Inside they discovered the word “Bohrok” carved into the wall. Several were immediately shipped to the Archives, where Archivists quickly discovered that the Bohrok were inorganic”

Source: BS01

1 Like

In the Comic after the first encounter of the Boxor, someone say they are Biomechanik.
Also even whit anorganic Bodys, It is sure the Mask couldnt too anything?

Contradictions in the story have cropped up before. However the current canon seems to state that they are no longer organic.

As for whether the mask of life can do anything. I have no idea. To figure this out requires a lot more information on what constitutes a mind/soul in the Bionicle universe, and what goes into making the matoran.

If I were to guess, the only way that the MoL could logically manage this is if the soul and/or mind of the matoran was still present in the bohrok shell. And there’s no clear evidence to either being the case.

1 Like

Whether or not the Ignika could change them back is technically irrelevant, as the Bohrok never emerged from the MU with everyone else, so it wouldn’t have affected them anyway.
In regards to potential future applications, however, the Mask of Life is not capable of resurrecting the dead, and any alterations made to the remains of naturally occurring organic matter or Biological Protodermis seem to be limited at best. But since it is known to be capable of both creating and altering life, I suppose it might be possible to restore a Bohrok by mutating its body and Krana into some sort of Dekar-Hydraxon-type deal, whereas the individual in question would pretty much become a clone of their original selves, including any and all preexisting memories prior to their original transformation.
Which would then suck for all the ones dismantled to create Boxor or upgrade other Matoran, but hey, you can’t save everyone.

2 Likes

Umm…
That’s horrifying.

4 Likes

Reading this makes me fearful taht Cahdok and Gahdok were once brave Toa of Light…

Cahdok and Gahdok are not bohrok. So there’s no reason to be fearful of that.

1 Like

The less you know, the better…

1 Like

No. The Bohrok still have a use – entire cities need to be built on Spherus Magna, and the Bohrok make great laborers.

9 Likes

Follow up; what roles would the Bahrag and Krana play now, if any? Do they still control the swarm, and if so, why would they agree to help with labors?

1 Like

They have no real reason not to. Their original purpose no longer exists, so this would give them a new purpose.

4 Likes