Direct to DVD Disney Sequels

I could not find any topic about this, let’s hope it was not made before.

I am going to start with some sequels of the so called “Dream” Disney Movies, that aparently people forgot about:
Did you know that Cinderella had two sequels?
Cinderella 2: Dreams come True (2002)
Cinderella 3: A twist in Time (2007)

Also The little Mermaid had one sequel and one prequel:
The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea (2000)
The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel’s Beginning (2008)

Beauty and the Beast had also one that sequel:
Beauty and the Beast 2: Enchanted Christmas (1997)
Bambi had one sequel: Bambi 2 (2006)

Mulan had a sequel: Mulan 2 (2002)

And there might be other Disney movie sequels that are forgotten, that even myself I forgot…

Ask me how I know about them? Well, I had a tone of animated movies that were download from Indernet on DVD when I was a child, and I saw all those movies like… 10 years ago?

Anyway, Discus!

2 Likes

People forgot about them because most of them aren’t very good.

Not all of them, but a lot of them were rushed so they weren’t the best.

5 Likes

Yeah. While I enjoyed them as a kid, if you compare them to the original movies they do pretty much nothing to improve them in any way.

Most of these were shameless cash grabs, and deserve to be forgotten. aside from maybe one or two of them all of them were terrible/forgettable.

1 Like

Maybe forgetable, but not terrible in my opinion. I don’t think terrible is really a good term for them…

You can call Cat Women terrible, but not a Disney animated movie for kids.

I enjoyed Lion King 1 1/2.

Anyone remember Stitch: The Movie?

I remember it because it had the Mask of Light trailer attached, so I watched it all the time.

1 Like

LOL, I also had a Winnie the Pooh Movie on DVD that had the Mask of Light trailer on…

If I remember correctly Mulan 2 wasn’t bad.

1 Like

Almost every Disney movie had a sequel.

Tarzan 2
Pocahontas 2
Brother Bear 2

I own The Lion King 2, and I remember liking it quite a bit actually, but of course it’s nothing compared to the original.

2 Likes

@EmperorDuckie I re-watched it recently, and is definitely not bad. Sure, It was nothing compared to the original, and it did not improve it in any way, but definitely not a bad movie

@PakariNation99 I actually never knew there was a
Pocahontas 2, I checked it on google, and from the description seems interesting, even thought it only had 17% on rotten tomatoes. While is probably a bad movie, It caught my interest…
I knew about Tarzan 2, and there is even a third one
Never knew anything about Brother Bear 2, but seems to have performed better then the other sequels…

That might be so, but take from an original Brother Bear fanatic, it’s nothing compared to the original. :laughing:

1 Like

I just re- watched The Little Mermaid 2 (I have seen it once when I was a child), and even from a critical point of view, it wasn’t really that bad. For a sequel of one of the best Disney movies, this is probably the best they could do. While adults might hate it, Children will sure like it. It’s not really a forgettable movie, as critics might claim. What I can also apreciate is the animation. The actual animation of the movie was better then the first one (since the movie is from the year 2000, compared to 1989 of the original). Now, as a final score, I’l give it a 6/10

I am looking forward to seeing other Disney Sequels
Just to see exactly which are average and which are trash.

Toy story 4. They launched the trailer same day as detective pikachu and almost no one even knew it existed. Here’s hoping the actual movie isn’t like that.

1 Like

Toy Stroy 3 ended so well that I don’t really know what else they can do with this franchise. I trust Pixar that they will find a way, but I don’t expect it to be more then an average movie. But I might be wrong, who knows? It might be an awesome movie?

Yeah; unlike other late sequels like the incredibles 2 the previous movie didn’t really leave much to go off from.

They should’ve left it at three imo

2 Likes

I think they should do something like Ratatuille 2 or a sequel to another Pixar movie rather then keep pushing with Toy Story.
Anyway, we were getting off topic, since
this topic is about forgotten Disney sequels, not those that everyone knows about. What do you think of those which I meantioned? Have you seen any of those “bad” sequels?

Aye, but have 'ye heard the tale of the real beginning?

Seriously, go check it out on YouTube. There’s a particularly interesting theory that Toy Story 4 might actually be more of a story about the past than about the present.

Especially if they’re going to tell the story of Andy’s dad.

1 Like

Atlantis 2 is a strange Direct-to-DVD sequel, I only saw bits of it like over a year ago but I was surprised it existed

1 Like