Do Rahkshi and Bohrok have gender?

hm… without a master they’d just remain feral animals, and since they can’t reproduce or create new ones… well

Back on topic… I think it’s just subjectory now. I’d guess if the Rahkshi were primitive creatures they could identify each other, but otherwise they’d just be destructive

But do they have a biological gender? They obviously wouldn’t identify with a certain gender. I looked around and saw nothing about this.

1 Like

Biological?

Biological?

so far the only one we know that have biological differences are the inhabitants of Spherus Magna, unless I’m missing some. I think there’s a topic on bionicle biology we could move the discussion but this looks to be speculation on something that requires opions

Yes, you are correct. But, the inhabitants of the matoran universe are BIOmechanical. So is there is a possibility. I don’t know though. I think that rahkshi aren’t able to identify gender though. And if they do, there is no evidence.

I think you’ve answered your own question. I guess this is settled, then.

2 Likes

it might be settled, but then there’s people like me who might rationalize or make into head canon that something like a rahkshi has a gender. That and I believe this is more or less opinion based, but I guess this could be closed if allowed

1 Like

Short answer: No to both.

Long answer: What kind of person even asks this sort of question?

2 Likes

well he wanted to ask if they had a difference biologically or if they had genders since there wasn’t any evidence.

… yeah just leave it

I was just curious! I swear! :grin:
Seriously though, I was just wondering because I couldn’t remember if it was referenced.

Just theorising based off things;

Rahkshi
To quote;
“They were not truly living, but instead suits of armor controlled by the leech-like Kraata of their original form.”

As such while the Kraata may have gender, the suits (Rahkshi) would likely not.

Kraata
Given there are multiple different breeds of Kraata, chances are they intermingled as such I’d say they probably would have a gender.

Bohrok
To quote;
“The Bohrok were a race of hive-minded, mechanical insectoid creatures, controlled by strange, parasitic creatures within their heads known as Krana.”

As such the Bohrok appear to have been a race before being controlled by the Krana, so in this case the Bohrok should have genders.

Krana
The Krana I’m unsure about due to the nature of them as a parasite

Vahki;
To quote;
“The Vahki were designed by Nuparu to help keep the peace in Metru Nui, and were produced en masse by the city’s Po-Matoran. It is believed that there were 5,000 Vahki created.”

As such I would go under the belief that they have no gender, simply being robots.

Visorak
Given they are a species, despite being one that was created, they probably have genders for the purposes of reproduction and growing the scale of the army.

7 Likes

^^^
What he said.

Well, aren’t bohrok transformed Av-Matoran?
Also Av-Matoran have gender, don’t they?

I think Krana might have different genders, same with Kraata

From what I can tell the Bohrok were a species created by the great beings. Not all Av-Matoran become Bohrok. Only when some Av-Matoran reach the end of their lifespan, they turn into Bohrok before being teleported to their nest, but they must be destined to do so. Not sure how the process of becoming Bohrok occurs as there seems to be varying accounts throughout Bionicle though… so maybe. Though it depends how the transformation occurs and whether anything of the original Av-Matoran remains.

Av-Matoran definitely have genders though;
“Unlike most Matoran, Av-Matoran can be male or female”

There isn’t really a reason for bohrok or a rahkshi to have gender. In the real world, we have sexes for the purpose of reproduction. In the matoran Universe, there are genders to corporate with Toa and Matorans’ respective elements. Both Rahskhi and Bohrok are basically mechanical beings with a prime directive which have no benefit from genders. Kraata don’t reproduce, they are formed from the essence of Makuta. I would also imagine that krana don’t reproduce either.

But if there’s really no reason for the Matoran to have gender, then why can’t the Krana or Kraata?

BLAME THE GREAT BEINGS

Actually @fangface1 maybe this should be it’s own discussion…

Such as toa and matoran of psiconics all being female because they are less likely to lose control of their temper so easily.

1 Like

That makes no sense. It was even noted, in story, how that makes no sense.

I got the topic for dis. Or atleast I think

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/why-do-mu-inhabitants-have-gender/9792

otherwise carry on

I guess in canon my answer would be a NO like everyone else, but fanboys may dream