Ekimu the Mask Maker - Both forms

My take on both forms of Ekimu the Mask Maker, a coveted character of G2 Bionicle lore.

Okotan form
Ekimu’s normal size. This model is designed with his appearance in the 2015 webisodes in mind, with no gearbox so as to be in-keeping with the style of building used with the Protectors, and also to mimic his character model in BIONICLE: Mask of Creation.

Toa Form
This model is my take on the upcoming Ekimu set for 2016, which is designed to negate the factors of the set’s design that I am displeased with (the stud shooter-less hammer, the overuse of trans. light blue and the use of the 2016 Toa torso shell). Both faces of his hammer can be fired independently, and the hammer’s head rotates at the base. The hammer is also intended to either be held in both of Ekimu’s hands for sideways swinging, or just the one so it can be swung up and down.

81 Likes

I love all this, but where did that chestplate come from on the Toa version?

2 Likes

its from the final Legend of Chima CCBS figures.

13 Likes

Oh, okay.

1 Like

This is great

2 Likes

I really like that hammer way better than what we get this summer.

2 Likes

The mask maker form is spectacular, but I honestly think the official version of the hammer is a bit better. Something looks off on yours, but I can’t put my finger on it.

2 Likes

I think I can

Aside from the red pins, it seems a bit too long and cylindrical, as you only lengthened the original and didn’t add on any thickness (and it also has gaps, but I assume that the function wouldn’t work if you clogged them up). Like, it lacks the look of strength and power. Maybe put an add-on or something over top of it to beef up the middle (middle of the sledgehammer should be thicker than the ends)

5 Likes

Never thought I’d see an actual use for a chima chest piece, but you made it fit well with Ekimu. Nice!

2 Likes

hey this may sound odd but what set did the blue zamorph sphere come from?

also nice moc(s)

Chi Sir Fangar

2 Likes

I think all the ice villains had it, but I know Sir Fangar also had one in solid dark blue

2 Likes

How did I not know that these existed… I mean, I hate Chima, but still. How did I not see any of these?!

1 Like

maybe thats why, you hated Chima so much that you bloked it and all of its sets from your mind.

in the same way some people pretends that something that they don’t like does not exist.

2 Likes

No, because if I knew that these existed I probably would’ve picked one up just for parts! You may have a point, though XD.

I think that they were cancelled for North America releases

who knows, i however have been considering in getting a sir fangar CCBS set, just so that i could try to make a moc with it and some skull warriors, trying to maybe make a frost warrior with a hunting dog.

But i am bad at making mocs, so i would probably just build the sets and have them in my collection.

and im the type of guy who would pay to get all of the Legend of Chima sets because i want them.

wonder if anyone would make that ice skull warrior moc and use Sir fangar’s head mold as the head for the pet.

1 Like

YYYESS…

#YYYESS!

That looks glorious.

1 Like

Both forms provide great improvements from the actual sets themselves.

1 Like

Really nice, dude. I like it!

1 Like