Eljay's AMA

I think the Lewa vs Onua scene is one of the best scenes in that game, period, the music just being one of the reasons. My personal favorite is “The End,” which plays at… well, the end of MNOG. That theme is strangely nostalgic in ways I don’t understand or recognize.

I agree, it certainly made sense for that setting, but it may not have fit in as well later on.

I would recommend checking out the new album, it has some really good songs. Plus, it’s just another example of the BIONICLE community being awesome.

So, question: The TTV Podcast is clearly the life and soul of the channel, but for some of us, we simply don’t have the time to watch it consistently (particularly combined with other channels we follow). Have you guys ever considered uploading funny stories or whatnot from the podcast as short clips (like Var’s “demon roach” story, or the infamous “you can’t peel a car” discussion), so that those of us who don’t watch the podcast consistently still have a means to not feel left out on the best in-jokes enjoy the podcast in some small way?

1 Like

How do you feel about this meme i found on facebook?

11 Likes

So how do you organize them? By year, then set number or by year, then element? Or is it by story relevance?

What drew you to drop $59.99 on a Batman v Superman set?

How much money would it take for you to sell your enitre Lego collection, including Bionicle?

Maybe you could do a Hero Factory Recap Review series?

The social aspect. I play games to play with people.

This is an idea I’ve thrown around for a while, and I’d like the others to incorporate. The full podcast would come out, and then small segments and good parts afterwards. It gives people options. Not sure if we will be doing so, however.

Huh… Am I gonna ascend to memeness?

1. You’ll see tomorrow.
  2. It was a gift.

The Bionicle collection is likely worth somewhere over $5000 by now, but it would take more than that to convince me to part with it. Somewhere within the $100k to $200k range.

I wouldn’t do those. Meso would, since his Hero Factory collection is more complete. Also, I have no interest in Hero Factory reviews. Sorry.

Also, for anyone wondering when the Recap Finale comes out, here is a handy countdown timer for the exact time it releases.

7 Likes

Let’s be fair, Eljay is the best cast member for memes, since no one will even know who he truly is in the end. Also, since he makes very regular content and is a very kind and responsive guy, he gives us plenty of material.

Now to think of a question to make this reply meaningful…

There’s a funny theory going around that G2’s story starts to make a lot more sense if you think about it as a story told by G1 Lewa at a campfire. It explains away all the potholes, bad character development, and abrupt ending. Thoughts?

3 Likes

read this as “a very kinda repulsive guy” and was about to agree

@Eljay, do you have an opinion on Ancient Greek history?

2 Likes

When did you decided to reveal your face on the last recap review and why?

It’s an interesting theory, although I haven’t heard the Lewa part before. I think it could make sense.

Nope.

I made the decision a little over a year ago. It was getting time to move on, and the end of the Recaps was the perfect time to do it. BIONICLE has ended, and while I love the mask and will still be keeping it, it was time to take the mask off.

12 Likes

Come to think of it, how much of a Bionicle channel is TTV anymore?

5 Likes

Do note, I’m still going to be doing BIONICLE content. My next series will be called Pins and Axles. If you remember those analytical videos I made, it’ll be exactly like those.

7 Likes

I will say that was done quite well, good job in using a long running “gag” as a means to an end. I’m curious what you’re next series will hold.

5 Likes

But that’s all about the building system. I know that will always be in use, and always be apart of TTV. What I’m talking about is BIONICLE. The story, the lore, the characters, the books, the spirit of Bionicle if you will. How much of that is left?

3 Likes

Will you still wear your mask at conventions?

1 Like

Eljay how dare you. I fought against the evils of Kahi for you and now it was for nothing. :sob:

Are you gonna wear that mask for videos still? I still recognize ya for the uniqueness of the mask. It made you stand out. It would be cool if you still wore it in live action segments.

7 Likes

The civil war was a conspiracy

1 Like

Don’t worry, I will be talking about a variety of subjects, and will certainly be discussing story. As for the channel, I can’t speak to that at this time, so more on that later.

I may bring it, but I won’t wear it 24/7 like I did this year.

It’s certainly a possibility.

4 Likes

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

YOU DID IT!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!

We need a gif of you taking off the mask.

4 Likes

So had you always planned to reveal your face in the final recap or was this a recent decision?

Nonetheless while it’s a shame to see the legend go, it’s nice to see your face for the first time. Will you discard your mask from now on or wear it from time to time?