Favorite (and least favorite) movies of 2017

In no particular order:

1. Baby Driver
  2. Logan
  3. Spiderman homecoming
  4. Thor Ragnarok
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
  6. John wick chapter 2

I have like no least favorites because I haven’t seen a lot of this years movies. But boss baby, I haven’t even watched it and I hate it.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I think Wonder Woman is probably the most overrated movie of the year. Don’t get me wrong I liked it and think the overall affect on the film industry is great. But the fact they’re pushing it for oscars, and saying it’s the most important movie of the decade is ridiculous to me. But I think that if they take the good things about Wonder Woman and put them into the sequel or captain marvel, it could be something really special.

3 Likes

I think people are just impressed that DC finally made a good movie :joy:

4 Likes

Good point

In all seriousness, I feel the reason people like it so much is because (at least I assume) the majority of the viewers were females who had never seen a superhero movie. They just went because it’s the first recent superhero movie with a female lead.

1 Like

Maybe? But there were plenty of males who went to see it and enjoyed it, including myself. To me it felt almost like a Marvel movie, except some better twists, and overall a better story. The female aspect might have helped though, as it did do something fairly unique.

1 Like

I do not agree here. There was one thing that surprised me in this movie, and that was who Ares was. I personally thought the story was boring at the beginning and at the end, but that’s just in my opinion. I prefer Marvel movies much more, because they at least have more originality, humor, and characters we have gotten to know and care for to keep us interested in even the boring parts.

Let me rephrase that. The plot especially felt more like a Marvel movie then a DC one. There was some humor too that kind of reminded me of Marvel. And maybe I’m just having a brain fart, but I can’t think of any big twists from Marvel, which is what I meant with my previous statement. I haven’t seen some of these movies in a while though, so I might be forgetting some.

Captain America: Civil War and Winter Soldier both had some big ones

1 Like

Since I haven’t seen that many movies that came out this year, I’ll just rank all the ones I have seen.

1. Lego Batman movie: great
    Honestly, I liked this one better than the og Lego Movie. This movie was hilarious, it felt like a kid’s imagination of Batman, and it had a great plot and characters.
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy 2: great
    A funny, enjoyable film. I don’t really have anything more to say here.
  3. Winder Women: good
    A great action movie with a fairly enjoyable plot as well. Honestly, GotG and this are pretty tied; I remember enjoying GotG more, but that might just be since I just watched it a few days ago.
  4. Ninjago Movie: okay
    I didn’t find it to be as bad as it was hyped up to be, but it wasn’t a must-see film either. Still an enjoyable movie, though.
  5. The last Jedi: okay
    Pretty much the same as the Ninjago movie. Only reason it’s lower is that it doesn’t feel like it did anything for the Star Wars series; if it had been a stand-alone movie, it would’ve edged out TLNM.
  6. Death Note: awful
    Honestly, the only reason this edges out PotC is Ryuk. Ryuk was cool. The rest of the movie was just pitiful.
  7. Pirates of the Carribean 5: awful
    While Death Note was bad, this movie was boring. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Honorary mentions:

1. Doctor Strange: great
    Yeah, it was 2016, but I didn’t watch it until this year, and it was really good. Would’ve been number 2 on this list were it from this year.
  2. The Emoji movie: awful
    I didn’t include this one because I haven’t actually watched the movie. But I’ve seen enough to know that I don’t need to see it.

~W12~

2 Likes

While I agree with this, I have to add one to my list:

1. Star wars The last Jedi
    I did like TFA better, but this one was still good. I don’t want to spoil anything though.

Well this year I wanted to see only eight film. I saw all of them, except Thor: Ragnarok. I heard tons of spoilers, so I think it is awesome, so I will see it on internet.

1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - It was, in my opinion, one of the best Star Wars movies I ever saw, if not the best.
  2. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell no Tales - The best PotC movie. I loved it from the first time I saw the trailer. And the end was just awesome.
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming - A very good solo film for Spider-Man, I loved it.
  4. The Lego Ninjago movie - I really enjoyed this movie. I laugh a lot, and the sets looked reeeally nice in the movie.
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - It was pretty good, but not the best.
  6. Transformers: The Last Knight - Hey. I am a big Transformers fan. So I saw this movie too, and I liked it.

But one of this movies really annoyed me. The Lego Batman movie was, in my opinion, the worst Lego movie. It was just to childish, and the jokes were expired. And Batman… Man! He was an adult, or a five years old child? At that part of the film I felled embarrassed that I was looking at it! The animation was good, the main idea was good, but the end was weird! Batman fighting with Sauron and tons of tons of tons of big bad villains? Nah… I see that a lot of people liked it, so I must clarify that I don’t hate it. It’s like a six out of ten in my books.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen the first half of Pirates, but so far Dead Man’s Chest is still my favorite.

I loved the third-party villains in Lego Batman, the only downside for me is that I didn’t get to see enough of Scarecrow and Killer Croc, two of my favorite super villains in DC.

2 Likes

Here’s one I forgot-Emoji Movie 100/10