Favorite (and least favorite) movies of 2017

All the major releases this year are out. So let’s talk about our favorites of the year. Keep in mind there’s still a lot I want to see this year (namely the disaster artist, shape of water as well as a few other smaller movies)
Mine currently are:

1. Logan (in my opinion it was perfect and a great send off to Hugh Jackman as wolverine)
  2. Star Wars (not perfect but I really loved it)
  3. blade runner (genuinely the most beautiful looking movie I’ve ever seen)
  4. War for the planet of the apes (incredible special effects as well as an amazing performance from Andy serkis)
  5. Spider-Man (as a massive spider man fan this was probably my favorite super hero movie of the year)
  6. Baby driver (would’ve been higher if it weren’t for Kevin spacey)
  7. Dunkirk (looked great sounded great and on a technical level one of the best movies ever made)
  8. Coco (probably my favorite Pixar film)
  9. Thor ragnarok (absolutely wonderful)
  10. Guardians of the galaxy vol 2 (not as good as the first but came out at the perfect time for me)

As for worst of the year I’d probably say justice league. I thought it was as bad if not worse than batman v Superman, if aquaman isn’t good I’m done with dc movies. Of course the emoji movie was awful but I don’t consider it to be a real film.

Now I don’t at all consider this to be a bad film it’s just average, but Kong skull island is probably the biggest waste of an absolutely mind blowing cast. Like Sam Jackson and Tom hiddleston were wasted, but with Brie Larson, whose probably my favorite actress, any movie she’s in I’ve always been able to find some aspect of her performance that is great. Like in room she’s amazing, and In Scott pilgrim she’s funny and a surprisingly great singer, but in Kong she was just the definition of a whatever performance.

5 Likes

1.thor ragnarok, best movie ever
2.logan
3. spider-man
4. guardians of the galaxy vol. 2

I can’t really decide on an order here and I haven’t seen very many movies this year, but I’ll give it a go. In my books, I think Marvel and Star Wars are equal…

1. Last Jedi (I loved it)
  2. Spider-Man Homecoming (Spider-Man for life)
  3. Thor Ragnarok (currently I would say that if Spider-Man Homecoming wasn’t a Spider-Man movie, this would be higher)
  4. Guardians 2 (gotta love that Baby Groot)
  5. Lego Ninjago Movie (I actually liked this movie. I didn’t like the fact that they focused more on Garmadon, no matter how cool he was, than the ninja)

Least favorite: The above are literally five of the seven movies I’ve seen this year. So basically just take out Last Jedi, move each one up, and put Lego BATMAN (which I didn’t dislike, feel free to switch it with Ninjago Movie if it makes you like me more) and Wonder Woman in. I know it was supposed to be good, but I have issues with it. The beginning was boring and slow, the end was boring and the villain was not as cool as I was hoping. The best part was the trench warfare scene, but the slow-motion pauses started making it feel like you had bad connection and it needed to stop and buffer. Also, let’s be real here, This was like over-powered Captain America.

1. Thor Ragnarok (Not just favorite 2017 movie, but my favorite movie)
  2. Lego Batman (Great movie)
  3. Spider-Man Homecoming (another great movie)
  4. GoTG Vol. 2 (I loved it)
  5. The Last Jedi (Has some problems but it’s not as bad as some say it is)
  6. Wonder Woman (Good movie, but not great)

If it wasn’t obvious yet, I haven’t seen very many movies from this year. Oh here’s my least favorite.

1 (least favorite). The Emoji Movie (ew)
2. The Mummy (I WANTED THIS TO BE GOOD BUT IT’S AWFUL)
3. Valerian (This was on my favorites before I edited this post, but it’s actually pretty bad now that I think about it…)

EDIT: I watched the Emoji Movie a while back and it’s terrible don’t watch it

Let me try and remember what films that came out this year that I actually watched…

Score _/10 is how much i like it.

Spider-man Homecoming 8/10
Lego Batman Movie 8/10
Wonder Woman 9/10, best thing to come out of the DCEU so far (Which, now that i think about it, isn’t saying much)
GOTG Vol 2 7/10
Transformers: The Last Knight 5/10
Batman vs Two Face 7/10 (RIP Adam West)
Power Rangers 6/10

I didn’t really like this one. It seemed too dumbed down, and almost cartoonish at points. I don’t watch too many movies, but three that would make my list are Spider-Man, TLJ, and Wonder Woman. I really enjoyed all three.

Your criticisms aren’t invalid. I just liked most everything about gaurdians 2 like the characters are great, some of the best marvel currently has. The soundtrack is one of the best of the year. The visuals and color palette are great. I wasn’t a fan of nebula though. I have a few more criticisms, like how sometimes jokes got in the way of serious scenes and how they handled drax was a bit odd. Other than that I liked it.

1 Like

I thought the changes between serious Drax and Guardians 2 Drax was strange, but then I think, (spoiler for Guardians 1) he did finally get revenge, so he should be a happier person.

1 Like

It’s too bad so many movies this year were ruined by horrible people being involved in them.

What movie(s) would you be referring to?

Movies I’ve seen this year
Liked

• LEGO Batman
  • Spiderman
  • thor
  • Gardians
  • IT

meh

• Star Wars
  • Ninja Go

Disliked

• Pirates 5
  • Wonder Woman

I’m never watching It. Just never. The closest I’ll ever get is watching the HISHE hero-swap where they put Jar-Jar in.

1. The Last Jedi. It went so many directions I didnt expect it to take and it was wonderful.
  2. Thor Ragnarok. Visually stunning with a great plot. Apparently I’m the only one who liked it more than Spider-Man.
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. A really fun movie to watch.
  4. Spider-Man Homecoming. This was a really fun film too, but the humor could’ve been better.
  5. Apparently Logan was 2017. Kind of boring, but it was a beautiful sendoff to Wolverine.
1 Like
  1. The Last Jedi
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. The Lego Batman Movie
  5. Thor: Ragnarok
  6. Logan
  7. Spider-Man: Homecoming

My favorites list!!

#3 justice League: truly a cinematic masterpiece packed full of action 7/10

#2 Daddys home 2: a heart warming film that made me ROFL! 8.5/10

#1 the emoji movie. Everyone was wrong. This movie was a legit epic experience that was a pleasure to sit through 10/10

4 Likes

There’s a lot but off the top of my head. there’s baby driver with Kevin spacey and a few other examples like coco and John Lassiter that was disappointing. I don’t want to dwell on that though it’s a bit to real.

1 Like

Where is my torch and pitchfork?

1 Like

Your brain turned to mush after coming back from Daddy’s Home, huh? Sounds like cumulative injury from bad movie. I’m surprised The Last Knight isn’t on that list as a timeless classic.

Can’t really rank this year’s movies, although thy generally fall under good superhero movies and bad animated movies. I guess boss baby was the worst, because even though I haven’t seen it, I’m pretty ticked that it’s been nominated for an Oscar.

Also Ninjago was a letdown. My unrealistic dream was that it would be a good enough homage to Japanese anime/action films while also bringing a larger-scale story into the mix, and a chance for a Lego Movie to win an Oscar (Lego Barman was good, but we know superhero movies don’t get best overall ever). Now, though…

1 Like

Oh wait, I’ve seen Boss Baby. Wasn’t as bad as people said, but was just weird and not cool

Well I saw bright and it was absolutely atrocious. Not my least favorite movie of the year because it has interesting ideas, but I don’t care much for max landis and I’m done with David Ayer. Also come on, it has a budget of 90 million. Edgar Wright could have made like 12 cornetto movies with that budget.

Also downsizing was really bad.