All the major releases this year are out. So let’s talk about our favorites of the year. Keep in mind there’s still a lot I want to see this year (namely the disaster artist, shape of water as well as a few other smaller movies)
Mine currently are:
1. Logan (in my opinion it was perfect and a great send off to Hugh Jackman as wolverine)
2. Star Wars (not perfect but I really loved it)
3. blade runner (genuinely the most beautiful looking movie I’ve ever seen)
4. War for the planet of the apes (incredible special effects as well as an amazing performance from Andy serkis)
5. Spider-Man (as a massive spider man fan this was probably my favorite super hero movie of the year)
6. Baby driver (would’ve been higher if it weren’t for Kevin spacey)
7. Dunkirk (looked great sounded great and on a technical level one of the best movies ever made)
8. Coco (probably my favorite Pixar film)
9. Thor ragnarok (absolutely wonderful)
10. Guardians of the galaxy vol 2 (not as good as the first but came out at the perfect time for me)
As for worst of the year I’d probably say justice league. I thought it was as bad if not worse than batman v Superman, if aquaman isn’t good I’m done with dc movies. Of course the emoji movie was awful but I don’t consider it to be a real film.
Now I don’t at all consider this to be a bad film it’s just average, but Kong skull island is probably the biggest waste of an absolutely mind blowing cast. Like Sam Jackson and Tom hiddleston were wasted, but with Brie Larson, whose probably my favorite actress, any movie she’s in I’ve always been able to find some aspect of her performance that is great. Like in room she’s amazing, and In Scott pilgrim she’s funny and a surprisingly great singer, but in Kong she was just the definition of a whatever performance.