Here we go, a year later.
The Legend of Zelda has some of the greatest musical themes in the history of video games. They've been remixed back and again a ton of times, because Koji Kondo is an absolute master at creating masterful, simple yet iconic themes. There are so many songs in Ocarina of Time - and they're almost all instantly recognizable.
- The Main Theme, of course - but Wind Waker's Legendary Hero has the best intro, in my opinion.
- Hyrule Field is a general must have, but Twilight Princess' has the best melody, in my opinion.
- The Wind Waker has so much to offer. The main title, the Great Sea theme, Dragon Roost Island, Molgera.
- Spirit Track's main overworld theme is a great intro.
- All of Ocarina of Time's songs, so much so that I just can't bring myself to show every one of them that I love. Instead, I will link my favorite medley from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which I think has the best Saria's Song remix ever.
- And of course, Skyward Sword's Ballad of the Goddess was amazing.
Super Mario Bros. has the most iconic theme, I believe, in video game history. But a lot of my favorites come from Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy. The latter has probably the best symphonic arrangements I remember being in one video game. It's a masterpiece.
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater has the best Bond song that wasn't a Bond song, as well as the Main theme, Battle in the Base, and Snake vs. Monkey. It's also my most listened to soundtrack from a game that I've never actually played.
Ace Attorney. Do not get me started on the soundtrack from all of these games, all of the investigation and court and interrogation and objection themes and all of the remixes therein.
And some other one-hit wonders that I would hate to miss:
There was a time where all I listened too was video game soundtracks. I've since tried to better myself on my music career.