Forgotten Grotto (Mafia Discussion Topic)

I was also considering the possibility of multiple Mafia teams, with the same concept: Each mafia side has a portion of the map as their own territory where they can use certain other abilities, and they can try to defeat all the other Mafia sides while also fighting the villagers.

6 Likes

To implement these ideas we would need everyone who is playing mafia right now in one big game.
Do you guys really think that would work?

4 Likes

Are you thinking about using something like text-based chess moves?

1 Like

I guess you could think of it that way…

1 Like

On BZP (where I have most of my experience playing), Mafia games are usually 20-30 people, so I know it can work. MT wants to avoid that here, hence smaller player counts, but I know that I personally would love larger games.

2 Likes

That’d be fun. I’d do it.

2 Likes

Backstab has been REBOOTED!

I want to run a mafia game where all the roles are redistributed daily, the 2 sides are even but constantly changing, and the mafiosos vote without knowing who the other mafians are.

2 Likes

That is complicating. Beyond what I am capable of doing.

that sounds, unplayable, to be honest.

1 Like

Don’t underestimate me… :sunglasses:

Can I host the next Hero Factory Mafia game?

Here’s the problem with that; there’s no incentive for the mafia to do well at any given point in time.

If you’re mafia today, you have no reason to kill someone off, as you’re more likely to be village sided than maf sided tomorrow. Basically, the current mafia’s incentivized to make the worst decisions possible.

-MT

2 Likes

It sounds far more advanced than people here are used to. But I would love playing.

1 Like

I thought of it as more of a clan war between 2 mafias. Or maybe war between Miserix and Teridax.

1 Like

Sounds like Mafia VS Werewolves.

1 Like

A game with two separate, competing Mafia groups can work well, but it’s very dissimilar to what you described above.

A role-shuffling game could be fantastic. But as MT said, you need some way for the Mafia to constantly benefit.

2 Likes

Can we get a big Mafia game going?
If people are willing to do it?
Pls?

Got offed on the first day in TFM’s mafia ;-;

1 Like

At the beginning of each game, every player is given one of two sides. There are two mafia, one defender, and one protector shuffled randomly on each side, but every player is still competing for that same side.

The trick is to figure out who’s on your side and off the enemy side without revealing your own alignment to the Mafia, if possible.

1 Like

Random questions: what does a host do if the RNG somehow picks all four mafians as suspects? Re-start it?