G3 Vorahk Mini-Figure Design Concept

So I’m working on a G3 set concept (one that could actually be a set) and I was looking for some feedback on a Vorahk I’ve been working on. This was based off @Oomatu’s art works. For the colour scheme, I was thinking a purple, grey and black for the mini-figure and then adding in orange patterns as printing. The design is meant to be a larger minifig with minotaurish qualities to it and I was working on designs in LDD. The trouble was getting the size and also getting the legs right, as well as this the large mini-figure bodies such as Nexo Knight’s Axl’s torso aren’t available so I had to look at work Arounds.

Oomatu’s design.

A basic minifig design.

A significantly more complex design, this was made to look like a more minotaurish design.

An alternate colour scheme that implements more green.

Edit: alternate custom based design and new colour scheme

Criticism and comments welcome :smiley:

18 Likes

Oh man, I’m not even joking I just made a Vorahk minifig design for a set concept I’m making…

1 Like

High five bro!

1 Like

Looking at the art it seems to me that Vorahk is significantly larger than a Matoran. I’d say it would be best to use something more like Grievous’s torso and legs.

3 Likes

In my custom figure, I used the cyborg Maul hip piece with Grevious legs

1 Like

I was looking at the design but my two worries with it are that the legs are rather thin, more so than I’d like them to be and that the arms wouldn’t have the full articulation that standard minifigs do.

Perhaps I’ll try it out, in the meantime, thoughts on the colours?

Black and brown, like the art

I don’t know looks good but something is off

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

Worked on a new custom design and colour scheme to more closely align with this piece of Oomatu’s art

Again I haven’t done anything about printing which I believe could still be used in this mock up, however it is very custom so perhaps not.

2 Likes

This last one looks less funky than the previous two.
Normal legs changes the impression that they are half rahi. While the other legs were too thick making it look strange when they were close together.

Unfortunately, the elongated part of the head, cannot be seen properly, but the rest seem to hold the basic shape that was proposed. I would like to see height relative to a normal minifig.

Yeah, the head piece is (at least I assume) taken from @Sokoda ‘s designs in his sets

1 Like

Darth maul legs

4 Likes

Welp appears this is the design I’ll go with then by popular request.

The Darth maul legs?

They look weird in a real minifig. are those the same from the last picture/set you posted? Because they look completely different.

All the designs are different.