Game of TTV: Anniversary Contest Submission

This is a story I threw together last week, which I’m just posting now 'cause life and such. So, without further adieu, I present to you Game of TTV!

“My Lord, the castle has been breached!” cried a voice. Around the hall corner King ElJay saw a small, thin figure appear. “The enemy troops have destroyed the ramparts!”
“Summon the wizards at once. Bring me Mesonak.”
“Are you certain, my lord? Mesonak has not been released from his imprisonment for years.”
“Do as your king commands!” ordered ElJay. The thin man scurried away to do his duties.
ElJay rose from his throne, a mess of red axles and blue pins. Slowly he unsheathed his blade, a long broadsword made from the finest black axles in the kingdom. The sharpened plastic glittered in the little sunlight that illuminated the castle. Soon, he thought, the reign of Jon will come to a close. He will regret the day he dared to defy me.

On the castle courtyard stood a man. He was not a particularly noticeable man, though he liked to think that he was. The man was short, with glasses that glinted in the morning sun. He wore very little armor, for he could afford none. His sword was scratched and chipped, not unlike an old kitchen knife. He held no shield, and no helmet adorned his head. All around him men fought for their lives, but he simply stood and analyzed the battle.
“Jon!” yelled a man on a golden horse as he rode towards him. “The King has lost his mind!”
“Good, very good,” said Jon. “Var, you are one of my closest friends. When this kingdom is mine, I will be sure to place you in a position of much power.”
“Thank you, my liege.” The man hopped off his stead and unsheathed his sword.
“Tell me once more, Var,” Jon asked, “since when were you a spy?”
“Jon, you know me,” Varderan replied. “I’m a jack of all trades, and yet a master of none.”
The two laughed as they grasped their swords, Jon’s old and broken, Var’s new and majestic. With one last chuckled they raised their blades above their heads and brought them down on two charging knights of ElJay.

Slowly the small man and the two wizards unlocked the cage where Mesonak lay, still asleep despite the noise of battle. As they opened the intricate contraption the beast slowly awoke from its slumber.
“Cast a spell! Put it under your control!” yelled the man. His noise disturbed Mesonak, but a growl was enough to remind the miniature imitation of a human that any sound above a whisper enraged the creature.
“Chronicler, you’re the mind control master. Do something.” said one wizard under his breath as Meso took its first step towards them. Its lizard-like pupils enlarged and the black, twisted horns on the side of its head spun back.
“I don’t know how to control the Mesonak, Waj. The most we can do is try to not disturb it.” Chronicler whispered to Waj. “You, thin one, why are you not to battle?”
“They told me I was not fit for such activity.”
“That matters little to me,” replied Chronicler, pulling a dagger out from a pocket in his massive cloak. “Take this. For every life you take, a year of life you yourself gain.” The man took the knife, knowing that any attempt to resist a wizard would almost certainly result in death.
He rushed out of the castle, where he was promptly killed by another knight of ElJay.
Back in the dungeon, both of the wizards slowly stepped back, making sure to make as little sound as possible. Mesonak still followed them, until he had them backed up against a wall. Right as it lifted its gnarled hand to take the lives of the wizards, the screams of the little man echoed down the halls. Mesonak spun its head, and with a grunt ran up the dungeon stairs, smashing the brick walls as he did so. Chronicler sighed with relief.

“What in the sweet name of Mata-Nui is that?!” Jon yelled. Var looked up from the battle to see the giant, hulking form of Mesonak lumber out of the castle doors into the courtyard. With one swipe of his hand the beast threw knights of Jon and ElJay to the ground.
“That’s ElJay going crazy!” Var howled. “Jon, we can use this to our advantage! If you lead our men out of here perhaps the beast will destroy all of ElJay’s forces!”
“Very well,” Jon replied. With a sound of his horn he signalled retreat and ran out of the courtyard, Var and the rest of his men close behind him. As soon as they crossed the moat a giant wall of magical energy encompassed the castle, a spell cast by Waj and Chronicler. As Jon turned around to watch the battle between ElJay’s forces and Mesonak he could see a sliver of gold cutting through the crowd behind him. It was ElJay, making his way through the crowd of Jon’s followers.
“Var,” Jon said with a scowl, “Get Viper. I don’t want to take any chances.” Var turned his horse about and it galloped off to Jon’s encampment.
“Hello, old friend,” said Jon, unsheathing his sword once more. The crowd parted to let ElJay through, forming a circle around the two leaders.
“I assume you use the term “friend” liberally? Or perhaps you really are stupid enough to think we ever had any acquaintanceship.” ElJay said, gripping his sword with both hands.
“This is your last chance to surrender, ElJay,” Jon said, preparing to strike. “I doubt you can take me and my army alone. Maybe, just once, you could think logically.”
“You dare insult my intelligence!” ElJay barked, swinging his jet-black blade hard against Jon’s. With just the single blow Jon’s decrepit sword split in half. ElJay’s opponent looked down in astonishment, then looked back up just in time to dodge what would have certainly been a life ending blow by ElJay. “Perhaps you should be the one to surrender!” ElJay laughed maniacally.
“You of all people should know,” said Jon, dodging another swipe by ElJay, “that I always have a trick up my sleeve.” Right as Jon finished his sentence an arrow flew out of nowhere and planted itself right in ElJay’s hand. With a cry of pain he dropped his sword, which Jon was eager to pick up.
“My greatest archer,” ElJay said, clutching his bleeding left hand. “Turned against me.”
“Viper, that is correct. Quite the secret weapon if I do say so myself. Now, I will give you one last chance to surrender. Either you can come with us peacefully or die by your own sword.
ElJay looked up, his golden mask and crown glittering in the noon sun.
“Never,” he said.
“As you wish,” Jon replied. He lifted up the sword, ready to strike the final blow. Suddenly, just as he was about to bring the sword down a crack of thunder louder than anything he had heard before split the air. Before him stood three beings, all of them glowing with an unexplainable incandescence. He dropped the sword in shock.
“You are wise to leave your weapon,” said one.
“What are you?” he asked.
“I am Takuma,” said one which glowed yellow and black.
“I am Exx,” said another, which was gray like a stormy cloud.
“And I am Prpl,” said the third, which shined magenta.
“Why are you here?”
“We are beings from another realm,” said Takuma.
“We have seen your petty squabbles, and decided to put an end to them,” added Exx.
“We can bring peace and prosperity to your peoples, if you could but find love within yourself,” finished Prpl.
“And I should listen to you because…?” Jon asked.
“We have power the likes of which your medieval minds could not fathom. We could bring a golden age.”
“Let me think about it,” Jon said slowly. He picked up the sword and held it in both hands.
“We will take it from you, Jon. Save your people.”
Jon took one last look at the sword, and then looked back up at the three beings.
“Okay, ElJay, this is ridiculous,” he said, turning to the camera. “We finally buy a studio and you want to do this?”
“It has always been my dream to direct the greatest fantasy epic to grace this Earth,” ElJay said, getting up from his position.
“Var and I finally buy a studio, and you want to do this? Why you were placed in charge is a mystery to me. And doing the ENTIRE video in one take is absolutely awful. We’re scrapping this.” Jon dropped his plastic sword and walked off the set, dismantling his armor and placing it in the hands of a staff member.
“Drama queen,” ElJay said under his breath.
“So, um, what are we doing now?” asked Meso, who had removed his mask.
“I don’t know, Jon’s throwing a temper tantrum ‘cause he thinks things are stupid.”
“ElJay, that’s because this is. It was a bit off to begin with, then you have alternate dimension Prpl dropping by? I’m with him, to be honest. Best we scrap this and return the set pieces. Var and I will draft a script for something else and we can begin production soon.”
ElJay sighed. “Alright,” he said, undoing the velcro that kept his armor on. “May Game of TTV rest in peace.”

10 Likes

Huh, neat. And here I thought I’d be the first one to make a TTV inspired Game of Thrones, I guess I was wrong

1 Like

i totally didn’t look up fanfiction prompts nope not at all

1 Like

I like it.
Weird, but I like it.

1 Like

Best quote.

1 Like

Fanficition taken out of context is the best kind.

2 Likes

Oh yeah forgot to add, you have a GoT Fanfic and not one mention of Winter? Something’s wrong there

2 Likes

I just wrote a fantasy thing, and then thought, “Game of Thrones is big, I’ll just call it Game of TTV.”

1 Like

Eh I’m just trying to mess with you

1 Like

I know mang.
S’all good.

1 Like