General "Quirks" Discussion Topic

Imscared

1 Like

Some of the things I may say here might sound harsh, but do not think that is my intent. I just want to voice my opinion. most people (at least at the start of this topic) commented things like: OMG I think you’re actually me, how are you not me? I, however, feel no connection with just about anything said here. In fact, quite the opposite.

I am popular at my school, and get along well with most. I am not a social outcast.

I dislike people, but not the world. Many of you say that you hate the world because of their lack of willingness to learn. I don’t understand your reasoning on that matter. Many people love knowledge and live for it. Most people do. Even if that person is a teen girl who checks their phone every five minutes in history class and cheats on quizzes, and doesn’t care about grades, I had to sit next to them. They still like knowing more than anyone else.
Another example is that one of my good friends refused to talk to me when I asked him what he disliked about Barack Obama. I never told him if I liked or disliked him, (although I like him because anyone that is president should have some merit and respect) and he just called me stupid and ignorant.

Negative comments like the one just barely mentioned don’t phase me, many trials of Mario Kart Wii help me to not get held back by petty emotions like hate or sadness over such small things. Don’t ask why Mario Kart helped, just don’t, it’s a long story

I like the Inika build, I find it’s intended use superior to CCBS’ intended use.

People who overreact about life hacks (like the hole in the soda tab being a straw holder. I knew someone who read about this online during school and exclaimed loudly his amazement at the innovation donated to the soda can to create this. This is not an intended feature of it, and you shouldn’t drink soda straight from the can with a straw anyway.) I can find annoying. I don’t hate them for not being smart, I just find them annoying.

Many people say they get mad when certain things happen, like one of the earliest posts (I’m sorry, I don’t know who posted it and I am too lazy to look back at 300+ comments to find it) said they get mad when their mom comes home. Why.

Many people also have bad spelling, which is also annoying to me for it has been a basis of our society (and your life) since you were in first grade. Again, let me reaffirm that this post is to no one in general, and is just an opinion. If it’s for a satirical use, it’s fine, just look at MLG videos, for example.

I don’t wear jeans.

I don’t wear cargo pants either.

I cannot own any non-mechanical pencils. I have 13+ mechanical pencils in my pencil bag at any moment, each with spare lead and erasers. Despite this fact, I hate PaperMate. Each pencil I own is worth $2+. This may seem small, but this means that the cheapest pencil I own is worth more than 40 Ticonderoga pencils. My favorite pencil is the Pentel GraphGear 500. It’s worth more than 150 Ticonderoga pencils.

I LOVE being squished in huge groups, i.e. Being with 8 or more people at a lunch table made for 6 people, or being in a car made for 5 with 6 or 7 people. I like open spaces too, especially at night, in the rain.

I’m the only one in my family who hasn’t been prescribed glasses.

17 is my favorite number

I can’t stand when teenage girls post crap about the ‘emotional warfare’ going on inside them on social media. You’re a teen, you have hormones, we get it.

I guess that’s it, and I guess this steers this topic back on…topic?

4 Likes

Well said. well said.

This is interesting

You must have an oxytocin addiction

1 Like

I’m relatively normal, (at least I think I am), so I only have a few “quirks”.

I hate it when people don’t let me apologize for things.

I can’t stay dedicated to one thing for even a month.

I have the urge to finish other people’s sentences, it never turns out well.

I like commentating what people are doing out of the blue. I find it amusing while others do not.

I can barely speak a sentence of English well (My first language by the way). Yet all of a sudden when I’m typing my brain switches over to “Grammar/Spell Check Mode”.

That’s about all I can think of. =P

Did you intend for that to be a statement intentionally?

Edited for Double Post. Please us the pencil button to edit posts. Thank you!
~Chronicler

3 Likes

I can’t believ I forgot the biggest quirk I got going, (maybe it maybe it isn’t idk), but when I am school I will always eat my lunch item, sandwich, wrap, leftovers at my morning break/recess instead of lunch time, like a “normal” person…

1 Like

…I used to eat any treats I had as soon as I could.

I am getting better now.

1 Like

Ugh, me too. I have an urge to apologize for things I’ve done wrong, and I hate it when people hold a grudge.

I can stay dedicated to this longer, but sometimes I procrastinate.

1 Like

One very concerning thing of mine is that lately, I have been forgetting the existence of words.
Like, when I’m talking to someone, my brain just decides to delete some random few words from existence. I usually spend like, ten minutes trying to remember the word, and then I end up over-using it so I don’t forget it again.
The reason this is alarming is that it’s happening multiple times daily now. It’s either that, or I just lose my entire train of thought and can’t catch back up to it, which makes me forget what I’m doing when, say I’m walking downstairs to get a soda. I’ll reach the fridge, and then forget what I wanted.
So that’s been a thing…

10 Likes

This happens to me at times, but I just got used to it.
Edit: yay, I figured out how to quote!

2 Likes

my brain likes to switch everything up until a cant even talk.

Evidently.

/s.

Look at it this way: it’s better than going down to the fridge, then realizing you had no reason to go there in the first place and wasted a trip. Right?

3 Likes

No trip is a waste. At least you got exercise.

Yeah, I always look on the bright side.

Not sure if I’ve mentioned that, but I have a habit of trying to make meaning of a sentence at first glance… with less than spectacular results. (Recently I managed to make “Chainsaw” and “Windmill” appear in the same sentence that had neither.)

2 Likes

Only a forum junkie like me would call walking to the fridge “exercise”. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh…I walk up and down stairs too! and around the house…and sometimes, ACROSS THE WHOLE YARD!

2 Likes

I work out

I feel like an outcast

2 Likes

I’ve taken up daily jogging… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better…

I consciously make decisions to limit the amount of time I spend on the internet.

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better I used to work out daily before school started filling up my schedule.

2 Likes