General "Quirks" Discussion Topic

Did the potato have a cane?
or maybe it was limping?

2 Likes

Agree with these all!
I’m not what you would call an… introvert, however. I’m more “shy.” I get lonely easily but I’m afraid of interacting with people. Afraid of being judged, I suppose. I get super duper self-conscious sometimes, ESPECIALLY in public places. (Like right now, like what if someone else in the library saw what site I was on and was like “what’s that?” And I wouldn’t be sure what to say for fear of being judged.) <–I’m 18 and being on a BIONICLE fansite might be perceived as less than normal… But that’s okay I guess.
I’m easily distractable but I scold myself for being so. ESPECIALLY online. Like I have urges to look things up and then click on the links they lead to and suddenly I have 40 tabs open. I’ve gotten this under control recently, however. For gaming as well… It just feels wrong to stop in the middle of a game. Or anything for that matter. I HATE HATE HATE stopping in the middle of things. Seriously. I guess it’s like my girlfriend says (yes I have one :P) that I see life in terms of moments instead of time. I hate having to conform to a schedule. I like conforming to a list, however; completing tasks in the order I’ve set them out for myself feels good. I like to complete things and then move on to the next thing no matter how long it takes. Society isn’t this way unfortunately and it’s difficult to adapt. And with being emotionally reclusive it’s again the fear of judgment. That and not wanting to be an inconvenience. That’s one of my biggest fears really. And this is also getting super rambly. I can get super rambly when thinking/talking about myself. But I suppose that’s okay. Seeing all you guys’ posts has helped. :slight_smile: And I always feel better when I’ve opened up to my “deeper self” as I have just done. Sorry it was so long and disorganized but it felt good to get this out there.
EDIT: Also I’m really indecisive for fear of regretting my decision later/making the “wrong” decision. But again this has also improved recently.
It’s weird. Typing this out I felt like my middle school self again xD

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty cool huh?

Paying attention is the worst. I can’t do it, at all.

2 Likes

This is exactly me

I know that feel. This topic is probably the most open I have been with anybody. (I guess not being able to see you helps)

I’ve been thinking this the whole time. I tend to think of you guys as a more extreme version of myself (that might be because it’s hard to get EXACT levels of our quirks stated on the internet)

4 Likes

So happy I achieved something =D. I know the feeling too, the internet makes it easier to share information with others. Anonymity! Although, I have disclosed a lot of information to you guys… Oh well.

Opening myself up to others is something I don’t do usually, so this has been an interesting experiment. I encourage others looking at this to write down their quirks. We (I) won’t judge.

4 Likes

Agreed, I can personally say that I won’t judge.

We know that feel bro. We know that feel.

1 Like

Fine. I’ll list some strange things about me. This will probably be split into parts though, as I definitely can’t think of everything off the top of my head.

1 I’ve never liked talking to people in general, IRL. This has obviously affected some things.
2 I am not very emotionally affected by works of literature such as books.
3 The sound of fingers against styrofoam is agonizing to me. I have no idea why.
4 I hate chalk. Everything about it is annoying.
5 I am afraid of getting a drivers license. I don’t want to get people hurt.
6 Board games tick me off in big ways for no apparent reason.
7 My ears are the best things I can multitask with. I can listen to several things at once and get most of it down fairly easily.
8 I can mimic a fairly large amount of noises with relative ease. This includes gunshots, explosions, slices, among other things.
9 I severely dislike soda. I’m 14 and still drinking apple juice on a daily basis.
10 If a Lego set on my shelf is missing a single piece, I disassemble it. This includes constraction figures as well as System.

7 Likes

So, I think its about time I list things I hate, love or whatever

1: I hate people irl*, mainly people that are my age because they are complete idiots

2: I dont usually talk that much IRL to people I do not know (examples being shopkeepers, people who try to start conversations with me at school, etc) …this sometimes causes a little bit of problems…

3: I hate soft drinks, mint flavoured anything and sweets (except chocolate, everyone who isnt allergic should love chocolate)

4: I love lasagne, yet hate pasta with sauce on its own…

5: when something that is supposed to work doesnt, I get extremely frustrated

6: I despise football, I really do

7: I adore reading, I really do

8: I also despise people who say the word swag, yolo and lol* IRL

9: I am unorganized, but love being organized, but am too lazy to organize

10: following up on number nine, when it comes to mocing, when I need a piece I dig through a box of lego parts to find it

And that concludes my list, where I realize that my self moc should be a toa of ice…

*Maybe this is a tad overexaggerated

**also, just to say about this
Do you understand how stupid a person sounds say lol irl?

4 Likes

QuirkryuYellow1138’s Quirky Quirks of Quirkiness

1. -I HATE dying in video games, so I use invincibility cheat codes whenever possible.

2. -Sometimes, I still use my teeth and nails to separate LEGO bricks, even though I have like 15 brick separators.

3. -Jokes seem to get old with me looong after they do with anyone else (shipping and the Hype Train being perfect examples), but I do eventually get over them.

4. -Whenever I do classwork, tests, homework, etc., I have this strong urge to write a period after the date.

5. -I smell the inside of new LEGO boxes.

6. -Despite what looks might suggest, I stink at sports and generally dislike them.

7. -I usually sleep at 12:30 on weekdays and anywhere between 12:30 and 6:30 on weekends.

8. -I do most of my homework at school when no one’s looking. I’ve been doing it since I had homework. I have yet to be caught in the act.

9. -I require at least one bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos a day to function properly.

10. -Lemme put it this way: I’m like the boards’s equivalent of Fourze. I seek to become friends with eeeveryone here.

11. -I don’t like Bye Bye Babylon. Hate intensifies.

12. -I want to get a computer, a PlayStation 4, some storage for my LEGO collection, but I suck at saving money. Every time I get some, I use it up on either LEGO, or PR/Sentai merch.

13. -I talk to myself about the strangest things.

14. -When in an awkward situation, I talk with lolz and stuff.

15. -I don’t know of anyone my age who has similar interests to me (LEGO, PR/Sentai, Star Wars, etc.), so I don’t have many friends.

16. -I usually don’t tear apart my sets, but I tend to make heavy modifications over time. For example, I added the gear lock on the Toa Mata, made Lewa’s floppy arm not floppy, and gave Lewa the standard Toa Mata finger size.

17. -I suck at art. I can’t even draw a perfectly straight line.

18. -When it comes to LEGO, I’m quite the completionist, with all the Toa Mata, all the Bohrok, all the 2013 Castle sets, and most of the Ninjago Ninja. However, I’m still haunted by the fact that I have all the gold Mata Kanohi besides the Kakama. Nyran, Sammy, feel free to rip me to shreds.

19. -I usually don’t look at the flaws of television shows or movies unless someone else points them out.

20. -When I do notice a flaw, it’s something that no one else that I know of notices before.

And that’s it for now. I might make more of these in the future.

6 Likes

WHAT ARE YOU ME?!

2 Likes

In most movies for Sci-Fi, upon seeing Aliens, have a reference to Aliens in them. Whether they say “It’s Game Over Man! Game Over!!!” Or some humans with cool suits. Yep, I even noticed a game over reference in Rio 2. And Live Die Repeat, which also has a dude in Orange named Grif who is a similar character to a certain Red soldier. I have this quirk after seeing the second Alien movie, Aliens.

1 Like

A lot of the things that Kyoryu and Potao said apply to me as well, like the soda and hating my peers at school, because of their lack of maturity.

3 Likes

I have the feeling that a lot of us hate our peers. Anybody with the mental capacity to stick to a dead (now revived) toy line/story tends to see how truly dumb people are.

Yup yup yup yup. People who cry when reading a book unnerve me because of this. I don’t even get very emotionally affected by real things. In fact, the last time I cried at something was Forest Gump like two years ago. That broke a five year long streak.

Again, yes. The idea of driving scare the crap out of me.

FINALLY someone who gets it! My parents and my teachers tend to yell at me when I’m watching something and I have music on and I’m talking, all while doing homework. Granted, this may not extend this far for you, but they don’t believe me when I say I’m multitasking.

I would say we’re the same person, but

I can’t live without soda.

3 Likes

I can relate to all of these. I’ve mentioned my hate for other people my age due to their immaturity, but Pot8o’s take on it is shorter and sounds so much better than mine.

Here’s a question for all of you: Are there people that just annoy you constantly, in real life?

1 Like

Yes. There are so many people who, whenever I even look at them, I get greatly irritated. I just feel irrationally angry at them. In fact, one of them is my little brother.

Although, pure annoyance for me can come from ignorance. Ignorance, and the refusal to use your brain. Then again, I guess for me you could say annoyance and hatred are the same thing…

1 Like

Yes, this person seems to enjoy being an a**hole
everyone
In all seriousness, a lot of people at school tend to annoy me, or in some cases attempt to bully me
And I say attempt lightly, because I am bigger then those chumps

1 Like

I know a guy…
My neighbour…
On my bus…

His ego is huge, he is immature beyond levels and constantly tells ego boosting lies, he talks back to teachers constantly, everything he says in an argument, his ego Is constantly boosting,
And when you point out an obvious contradiction he will just keep denying it! Then when he proves something (It’s always contradicting his story) he will go “boom b****” and constantly swears! Despite having been with pricks my whole life, he is the worst. To top it off, he has no manners whatsoever!

3 Likes

@BioRaiders532 I think I’m an INTP as well, though I don’t quite fit the mold–too aware of emotion. But after scouring the web for info (definitely an INTP trait XD ) I think it fits me best overall. I’ll read that website you linked to; it looked interesting.

This is a great insight.

The worst thing about people being stupid is that they never change. I’m in college…don’t get me started on my peers. Don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

A few quirks of my own:
I dress somewhat formally. I always wear polos in the summer, and dress shirts and a trench coat in colder weather. This is, in part, to keep people from assuming that I am anything like my peers. It also just makes a better impression on people (the ones whom I do like), I find.

If I go for more than a day or two without my iPod, I start humming incessantly. Traditionally, it’s usually excerpts from the Star Wars and LotR soundtracks, though I’ve branched out more recently. I also sing a lot on my walk home from the bus, generally to whatever’s playing on my iPod.

I’m reasonably good at organizing things, but I rarely do.

I like to read encyclopedias and almanacs from time to time. I don’t think that’s really weird, but most of my IRL friends/associates do.

I hate giving up things that were mine as a child–toys, books, magazines, random pieces of junk that caught my fancy, you name it. I have a tendency to live in the past, and giving those things up is like destroying a part of myself.

I can pop my ankles, and if I pop one, I HAVE to pop the other.

3 Likes

This one guy at school…
Basically he hates everything I like with a burning passion. LEGO? Too complicated to make anything cool, yet it’s for kids. Power Rangers and Super Sentai? The most childish franchises humanity has to offer. Bionicle? His knowledge is limited to Bionicle: Heroes, which took him eons to beat, and even then, he thinks it’s overly complicated and stupid. Don’t even get me started on what he thinks of RWBY.
And the list goes on. But it’s not just the fact that he holds these opinions that makes me hate him.
He uses these opinions to annoy me to my breaking point.
He’s incredibly immature, to the point where a simple d**k joke makes him spew milk from his nose. He’s overly critical of just about everything I do, harkoning back to mistakes I made years ago. And he’s somehow friends with most of my friends. I’ll let Beef finish it off.

[quote=“BeefJStag, post:40, topic:3669”]

His ego is huge, he is immature beyond levels and constantly tells ego boosting lies, he talks back to teachers constantly, everything he says in an argument, his ego Is constantly boosting,
And when you point out an obvious contradiction he will just keep denying it! Then when he proves something (It’s always contradicting his story) he will go “boom b****” and constantly swears! Despite having been with pricks my whole life, he is the worst. To top it off, he has no manners whatsoever![/quote]

2 Likes