Generation 3 Art: Toa, Environments, and Colors [Larger Images]

Once I build up to “master” rank I’ll throw a link in self-promo. Til then, I think TVV has a good thing going here with G3, so I’ll be contributing artistically to that first and foremost. That said, the IPs are different enough conflict of interest shouldn’t be a problem for me.

1 Like

Good luck, it’s not a simple feat.

1 Like

Off topic: How do I claim a patron badge?

I wish I knew.

I personally wouldn’t mind that lineup either; however I think mixing Onua’s earth with jungle seems to be a good idea as well. Hmmm… Another possible lineup could be:

Tahu - Fire
Lewa - Wind
Gali - Water
Kopaka - Ice
Onua - Plantlife+Dirt/Earth
Pohatu - Lightning

3 Likes

I love all of them (except Kopaka, only because of the element though), if those were real minifigs I’d buy them in an instant!

0.0 These drawings are p phenomenal! I especially agree Kopaka being Toa of lightning but think maybe Pohatu should be a different element, maybe Sonics or gravity? Still all amazing though, keep it up!
I was wondering if I could ask you to make some art for me? You can DM me here or my Facebook is Ollie Lynass. I have this game I’m making called elamentals, partly inspired by MiNi Ninjas, Bionicle and Kingdom rush. If yeah, message me and ill tell ya what I’d like done and we can maybe sort out a price?
Thanks and AWESOME PICTURES!!!

Are there gonna be updated pictures from the comments of the new podcast with the finalized elements?

I’m probably gonna start moving towards environments for the time being. As I’m sure you’re now aware, the upcoming podcast was pretty heated about these designs (As I suspected it would be). Gali for instance is going back to the drawing board, and a few others names omitted will need touch ups. The problem is balancing cast oppinions with fan oppinions with my own personal taste.

I think got a little ahead of themselves when looking at these, taking them as final designs. Honestly, I just wanted to feel out the terrain a bit… seeing what stuck to the wall.

That’s fine, my next question was gonna be if we’re goining to be getting more environmental spotlights like the tidepool. I have listened to the new podcast and I can’t wait to see your take on the environments as well as some updated Toa concepts later down the line.

I’ll be floating the Le-Wahi later tonight *wink

1 Like

Woohoo! I now have something to look forward to when I get off work.

I like to point out the logistical problem of a floating village, namely, how is it floating? And how exactly do other tribes visit?

Magic.

1 Like

Magnets, since protodermis is nonmegnetic from what I can recall, this wouldn’t pose a problem for Toa and Matoran.

Ladders.

1 Like

The pinnacle of modern science.

4 Likes

That’d have to be one heck of a ladder.

I mean, it could also be a very long very steep rope bridge. Also you could climb to the top of normal mountain then climb a ladder/bridge up to the floating mountains.

http://i.imgur.com/cJgEkgl.gif

They remind me of the G2 concept art :grinning:.

these are lit

1 Like