Gold skinned being. Adaptation of 'Nightmare Born From A Dream'

You know… I kinda like owning my own model of the various victors of the current fanon contests as it’s the closest I can get to official depictions of those poor imageless characters. So when the winner of the Gold skinned being contest turned out to be a painting that put me into not the easiest situation to have.

But I wouldn’t be a proper maniac if I would let myself be stopped by banalities like “shapes that are literaly impossible to create with only golden constraction pieces” now would I?

And so, after of course asking for permission to do that first, Im proud to present to you my attempt to get at least somewhat close to what is shown on there. If you look close enough. which worked better in some places than others like the gold bohrok eyes on his torso and the ample amount of chest.

Definitely became a decent bit more chunky than the source material but well what can you do. Only so many pieces available in gold to make limbs with and I realy did not feel like spray painting a giant amount of pieces.

Credit for his clothes goes to my dear sister. Couldn’t have made those without her help. Like at all.

And of course most importantly credit for the original design this was adapted from goes to Weeb With a Wacom congratulations again for the well deserved win your master piece received and I hope I didn’t do it too much injustice.

20 Likes

Quick question: could you provide a link to the painting this was based on? I’d love to see the inspiration (since I haven’t paid enough attention to the canon contests).

1 Like

of course i can Nightmare Born From A Dream by ar9914 on DeviantArt

for the record I know the username on there doesnt line up with my credit but thats the name ive seen them use in more places that i know of

3 Likes

Thanks! I like seeing all these Mocs and drawings from the contests. It’s interesting seeing how people interpret the designs of characters who only appeared in books.

1 Like

Great design. I never imagined it being a wizard since clothes are generally unheard of in the bionicle universe sets except Vezon, Karzahni and the movie versions of the Turaga (not sure if Metu’s had a cloak at that one moment that he was supposed to sending a message to Bone Hunters in The Legend Reborn film.

The scene is so short that it was a blink and you miss it moment.

2 Likes

yeah I’d say that’s pretty close. Now I want to try making a version…

2 Likes

Do you have images with the cloak taken off ?

2 Likes

yeah wasnt how i typicaly pictured him either. Tho i interpreted that kind of cape less wizardly and more like something a rich and powerful ruler/noble person would wear in ancient times.

thanks and do get read to pay a pretty decent sum. gold unfortunately isnt the cheapest color to work with.

a bit afraid to take the closes off but i can give you some renders from the stud.io file i designed him with. they are very much identical

7 Likes

lol no worries there, these days my collection is completely digital,

this is the route I wound up going since I spotted some of the piece that the artist was likely inspired by

As you can see, It would end up way too big in real life, but it was a fun experiment nontheless

5 Likes

that approach definitely makes the zamor holders a lot more possible. if only they existed in gold. quite the good interpretation but likely a slight nightmare once one gets to getting the limbs the right size i could imagine

2 Likes

This is so cool and accurate to the artwork. I too tried to make something similar in stud.io, but I’m still a novice in terms of moc building and couldn’t even come close to this. Maybe future me will return to the project.

3 Likes