Gunpla Discussion Topic

Though I assume yours isn’t missing the smallest piece in the world…

1 Like

I assume yours doesn’t have a super glued V fin (the actual fin, and not the connection).

1 Like

Yeah…

I recommend Tamiya modeling cement for stuff like that. But it’s toxic, so be careful.

Mine is missing one of the little blue bits on the side of the head.

1 Like

Yeah… But since Wing’s V-Fin is pretty thick (for a V-Fin) it worked pretty well.

1 Like

Everyone else was posting their collections, so I figured I might as well show mine.

Of note: I’m limiting myself to HG kits for now, but I’ve been eyeing up some MG ones as well.

http://i.imgur.com/kXBFMNf.jpg

From left to right,I’ve got: EB-05s Schwalbe Graze, GN-9999 Transient Gundam, LGZ-91 Lightning Gundam (I’ll probably get the weapons upgrade at some point), GN-0000 00 Gundam (I plan to get the rest of the second season 00 team), GF13-017NJII God Gundam, PPGN-001 Amazing Exia

2 Likes

I want to get some so bad, but I can’t really justify spending 30$ on the tooks to make them. I’ll probably buy it anyway knowing myself. I wanted to get MG unicorn first (GREAT ova) but I don’t want to screw it up and I also kinda wanted the green frame (too bad it’s full armor exclusive) so I’ll get practice with some HG kits. I’m eyeballing the Transient Gundam and Graze Ein for my fist kits atm. I’ll definately be using matte finish though, I can’t stand the shiny-ness of the plastic on some kits. It detracts from the look.

1 Like

A really good beginner kit imo is the Revive RX-78-2. It’s $10 minus shipping and is a involved build, yet it has stellar articulation and durability.
Another option would be any of the Graze kits. The only one that’s sticker heavy is the Graze Ritter and it requires a paint job for the sword, but most any other one is nearly perfect as a straight build.

2 Likes

The tools are a one time expense, assuming you buy quality items from companies like Tamiya.

Getting everything you need besides paints (so cutters, a knife, sandpaper, tweezers, and cement) would end up at around 60 dollars, but the first two are the only critical ones.

I heard Xuron plastic nippers are good enough, since I plan to clean up the parts with a hobby knife. But yes, they are a one time investment that should be worth it as long as you keep building stuff.

1 Like

Soo i’m planning to buy the 1/100 Barbatos when i have the money.
Anybody here knows if it’s good?

2 Likes

1/144 is good. The 1/100 is very similar to my knowledge.

1 Like

I saw a review

has no grade, but is a blend of regular HG and MG, no good inner frame tho, just standard, and also regular articulation

it’s still cool tho. No real gimmicks other than a cannon gimmick

2 Likes

Is it fragile?

If so, are the fragile parts the joints or parts i could glue without causing any problems?

1 Like

no, it’s a solid kit apparently

2 Likes

Aight thanks.

2 Likes

4 Likes

The stem for my Gogg’s leg joint just snapped clean off. I applied a good amount of cement and hope that will be enough.

I’ll give an update tomorrow morning.

How?:mask:

1 Like

I was trying to remove the leg to inspect something.

Fortunately, the cement worked overnight and it’s fixed!

1 Like

Hmm… interesting. Anyway, glad the cement worked. :relaxed:

1 Like