Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Damo i would not advise that, you need to worry about the black moons, and this enemy fleet, starting a civil war is not the best option now” Kay said

2 Likes

Spetz didn’t know how to answer as he blushed “I’m sure Sarah needs you just as much Grace…”

2 Likes

“If I can hold more territory, and organize that territory in a grand defense, I can try to take the brunt of their attack, and in the wake of their defeat, I will gain great swathes of territory. My father did the same, and so did my father before him in the Covenant.” Damo said.

“I know… And Kyanna is here for her… But… This need… It’s more than Sarah, and I love Sarah.” Grace said.

1 Like

“they are not your enemies Damo, they are not trying to be your enemies, nor do they want to be your enemies, stop trying to make them your enemies, if you start a civil war with your own people you will just be handing the planet to the black moons and this new foe.” Kay said

3 Likes

“Movum was required to pilot my machines. Sotuv needed additional garrison.” Damo said.

1 Like

“they did not need it, you were trying to force them into it, they want to fight this war in their own way” Kay said

2 Likes

Spetz sighed as he went back to be with daylight he sighed heavily

2 Likes

“They may want to fight this war their way, but I actually seek victory.” Damo said.

“Urze, take your warriors straight to Borli. You will bleed them dry. Meanwhile, Lorang and Agnus will strike from the south pole of the planet. They will carve their way to meet our forces. Alphon, dispatch Movum in any way you can. I know you will take many days to spread the seeds of corruption. Tarion, you will tear Saham apart. From the Lupercal’s knowledge, it will hold powerful secrets, one that your warriors will weather easily once you are finished assisting Lorang. Grongar, you are to join me in assaulting Sotuv. I will need all the fire of Urs, and your armies can provide that assistance.” Ab’don said.

“I will make the first attacks against the enemy fleet. I will show Movum their enemy in plain sight before I attack them from all angles, even within.” Alphon said. The meeting lasted minutes, and would be the last time any of the fleetmasters would see each other in their full number.

Agnus and Lorang left the fleet to attack from the south pole.

The remaining ships charged Kay Nar Valium, their weapons preparing a solid screen of plasma to meet their foes.

Grace followed Spetz.

“Daylight, our objective is to meet with Borli Keep.” Samantha said to Leo. “You will be the first to arrive.”

1 Like

“they seek victory as well, you cannot hope to rule the planet with an iron fist Damo, this will truly bring gahlogali to its end if you do this” Kay said, he paused for a moment “the fleet has begun their attack against me, i must go, do not do anything you will later regret Damo” Kay said. His fleet had taken Damo’s advice and as the enemy began attacking theirs they fled, making a slipspace jump behind one of Gahlogali’s moons.

when the enemy fleet made it to Sotuv, what was waiting for them was one large energy shield which covered the entire state.

2 Likes

“We’re meeting with Borli Keep?” Catina asked Samantha, skepticism in her voice. “They are no longer covenant rodents then?”

1 Like

Ab’don smiled. “The enemy has retreated. Let our plans commence at once.” Ab’don declared. He and Grongar made their approach to Sotuv.

“Fun. I am glad we will not have to bombard them. I will deploy a division to assault them immediately, and lead it myself.” Grongar said as he noticed the shield.

“No, I would rather not risk you. Stay aboard.” Ab’don ordered.

Hundreds of Phantoms approached one of the outer islands of Sotuv.

“I will reap the reward that will come with taking this place. I will erect a fortress built on their skulls. Great Fleetmaster I must decline.” Grongar declared.

“Very well. My legionnaires will offer support for your division’s advance.”

Alphon sent drop pods screaming across the sky and into Movum keep, before immediately breaking off and leaving.

Movum didn’t actually blow up.

Tarion followed Lorang and Agnus to the south pole.

Borli watched as the midnight blue ships awaited them on the horizon. He sighed. “Valiynna, stay within the sanctum with our young. The rest of those unable to fight are within the catacombs.” Damo said.

“This is suicide…” Urze muttered as he watched the sunset over the horizon. He watched the mighty vehicles of Saham walk in defense of the Keep.

“Agnus, Tarion, follow me to the surface. I wish to know why there is such… Discoloration, here. Perhaps a relic is to be found.” Lorang ordered. Tarion and Agnus agreed, Agnus seeking knowledge, and Tarion seeking new diseases and poxes to use against his enemy. Each brought their honor guards, and many of their number. Each Fleetmaster was protected as they made planetfall.

“They have a better chance of allying with us.” Samantha reasoned.

1 Like

“And if they don’t. We know what to do.” Catina said as she examined her Scattershot. Having learned that it too was designed to fight The Flood, and if enough of the hardlight shots hit an enemy at once, it’ll disintegrate them. Borli’s, Black Moon’s, or whoever.

1 Like

the shield stood strong against the covenant.

1 Like

Sky nodded at Cat.

“Right.” Samantha said to Leo.

“Fire a laser barrage at the shield. Break open a hole so the Fleetmaster can make it inside.” An officer ordered, aboard The Betrayed, Grongar’s flagship. The vessel charged its cannons, and fired into the dome.

1 Like

the moment the hole in the shield formed, the few hundred phantoms that had been prepared to attack Sotuv were decimated almost instantly, as 6,000,000 Banshees and 8,000,000 Seraphs were lying in wait. The phantoms stood no chance, Sotuv had been an angry beehive which the covenant had kicked.

3 Likes

Lorang, Tarion, Agnus, and their contingent of warriors marched into a winding field of black and red brambled roots. The sky was dead, and it seemed a dull black sun bore down on them ominously. The only sounds were a churning below the earth they stood upon, the clanking of colliding armor plates with the ground, and the wind blowing through the area. Many of those who lacked full head encompassing helmets began to break down cackling madly. Fleetmaster Tarion considered this peculiar, discovering it to be a reaction to the air.

Lorang decided to take his helmet off to take a whiff of the air.

“Deploy all fighters!” Ab’don roared. “Fire drop pods in sync with the shield failure! Bring up all point defense cannons!” Ab’don ordered. “Relay the order to Grongar’s fleet!”

Grongar’s phantom crashed on one of the islands. The large Fleetmaster stood and clambered from the wreck with several other survivors. He was of the few Fleetmaster to undergo augmentation as well, only himself, Ab’don, and Alphon being on the frontlines to command their soldiers.

“If it is not the Eater of Worlds.” One of his augmented Sangheili greeted him.

“Shut up, Arr’khan.” Grongar hissed. Five other augmented Sangheili were with him. “Come, we must rally the division and knock out those anti air weapons. If we cannot, we have no way to land reinforcements to take this island. Quickly, gather your weapons and be ready, for the enemy will be upon us soon.” Grongar ordered. He ignited an axe which was tipped with energy sword blades, and watched more Phantoms crash around their position. The seven warriors dashed off to battle.

1 Like

more shields began to cover Sotuv, as the large shield now had a hole in it, smaller shields had now covered each individual island, the island in the center of the state had now been generating two shields, one for itself, and one for the state. These shields now prevented anymore crashed phantoms from landing on the islands. The seraphs and banshees continued to destroy the remaining phantoms, as the enemy fighters approached, they began attacking them as well.

On the island Grongar had landed on, their shield had now come overhead, preventing any more reinforcements. An army awaited him, several thousand wraiths and ghosts were prepared for the invaders, while about 50 banshees patrolled the sky just above the island.

2 Likes

“Arr’khan, over these hills we will find more brothers.” Grongar ordered.

“Continuous fire! Keep the shield from closing on the Fleetmaster!” The officers desperately tried to work a firing solution that would retrieve their leader from the island. Many of the support vessels opened fire on the shield, eventually allowing Ab’don’s Black Legionnaires through. The drop pods were swift, and landed within the palm jungles on the island.

“Lance Lo’Kann, we have to knock out as many defenses as possible and allow Grongar to regroup.” Lo’Kann said to his brothers before the bolts on their pods whistled, and blew the doors off their hinges. Lo’Kann charged a group of Wraiths, and so did his squad. They shrugged off the plasma bolts that collided with their armor, and moved fast to avoid being hit by the lethal explosions.

Tarion was stunned. “What do you feel, brother?” He asked.

“Embrace me, Lorang. Your brothers are uneducated, unlearned of the power they could wield…” Lorang heard a voice, and tensed. He looked around his brothers, and saw a black figure, which darted from sight each time he saw one.

“Show yourself. You have nothing to fear.” Lorang said. He raised a large staff, which he had learned to fight with on Sanghelios. His brothers looked at Lorang strangely, for while it was normal for Lorang to have these outlandish moments, to have it happen in a place such as the Black Moon territory of Gahlogali, amongst all of their cackling brothers, was unsettling.

“You wish for power… And I can give it to you, Lorang. I can help you take this world… Just embrace me.” Sha’ten whispered.

“And yet… Who would you be?” Lorang asked. “I must know. I seek the power to conquer, and you will give me that, or else I shall tear your miserable head off!”

“I am Sha’ten. And to receive your power, you must be the bearer of my word. Tell your brothers to remove their helmets. To embrace my calming winds.” He said

Lorang smiled, letting the voice take him. “I am fine, Brother Tarion. Take your helmets off, all of you. This air, it is most calming.”

1 Like

the shield around the small island collapsed, the fleet of millions that were within sotuv’s sky all swarmed the island, becoming a large cloud which blocked the light of the massive shield covering the state. The banshee’s and Seraphs bombarded the enemy troops that were invading the islands, while the islands own defenders fought vigorously to defend their home. the enemies were outnumbered and outgunned with little chance of survival.

3 Likes

Ab’don beat his armored fist against a panel out of frustration. “Get Grongar out of there!” He shouted. He kept up his plasma lances, which were now cleaving through the seraphs and banshees in the thousands.

Grongar tore apart advancing Sangheili with his axe, and Ghosts just with the supporting fire of his augmented Sangheili. However, Banshee bombs tore limbs from their bodies, leaving them as easy targets for the Banshees to pick off. Lo’Kann and dozens of Ab’don’s legionnaires poured into the fray, shooting at those overhead while Grongar’s warriors tore into the enemy armor.

But with each explosion of a vehicle, every annihilation of an enemy, another brother fell. “Brother ultra Lo’Kann, it has been an honor. I thank you for coming to die with the rest of us.” Grongar said. The hothead Fleetmaster charged with his warriors, their axes primed and ready. “CHARGE!” He roared. Many of the augmented Sangheili were killed as they moved out of their cover. Lo’Kann’s top half was incinerated by a single shot from a Wraith. A Banshee bomb sent Arr’Khan to the ground, tearing off one of his arms. He attempted to stand, before another bomb finished off the warrior. Grongar leapt high in the air, before cleaving his way into a Wraith. He killed the pilot, and leapt out of the tank as it exploded. His armor began to finally wither from constant plasma bombardment, before he too took a Wraith shot. Only his lower half remained to fall to the ground.

A Sangheili with a hydra tattoo brushed past Atan.

“Ab’don… The fighting… It has stopped… Grongar… Grongar the World Eater is gone…” An officer reported.

“And so has Brother Ultra Lo’Kann… Maintain a bombardment for as long as possible, we will make another attempt to take this place later.” Ab’don sighed. His many millions of fighters still swarmed over Sotuv, hunting anything that strayed from the safety of the shield.

Tarion looked to his men, who no longer wore helmets. They were thickset as is, but then he watched in horror as Sha’ten had begun to shape his men to his image. They began writhing, their armor rotted. Stinking fog began to trail from growths on their backs, and some had rotted so horribly that their stomachs exploded, shattering their armor. Wicked teeth and guts lined these sudden aberrations.

“They will no longer feel pain. They will not fall in battle, and shall know no fear.” Sha’ten smiled wickedly.

Agnus looked on in horror. His men were unchanged. “To become the seekers of knowledge as you are… Most of your soldiers are no longer… Well… Alive… However, they will serve you in your quest without question. Those I have left have become gifted with weapons of the mind, weapons of the like have not been seen.” Sha’ten explained.

“Lorang… Get your brothers… Get them to come to my domain.” Sha’ten ordered.

“Yes, Sha’ten. They will know you as their truest god.” Lorang replied.

Borli keep stood strong against the setting sun. Phantoms of Urze soared over, dropping cargo of genetically enhanced warriors.

Stalrus and Tallium stood unloving atop the fortress. Damo had retreated to unlock another countermeasure for the invasion. The two warriors watched as the midnight blue warriors assembled, and had their unaugmented brethren aim their beam rifles. They picked off each member of the first wave with ease.

The Dark Star and Highland Station exited slippage right behind Kay’s fleet.

1 Like