Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I would never do that.” He responded with a chuckle.

2 Likes

“Hey, Everyone has secrets. How do I know your not lying to me?” She asked him, smiling under her helmet

2 Likes

Celosia nodded gravely.

2 Likes

“I wouldn’t lie to you, you’re a friend.” He said with a smile.

Leo put his SMG next to his helmet and took out his energy sword. He smiled as he looked at it.

2 Likes

“I know you are, both you and Sarah are my closest friends here.” She said looking at him. “So…how much you wanna bet ONI gonna put up a fight?”

2 Likes

“What is it?” Sky asked.

2 Likes

“Left my shield…” Leo said.

“I’m not going to bet if I know they will.” Samuel said.

2 Likes

“Awww, couldn’t have a little fun?” She giggled, checking the sight on her DMR. She then looked over at Sarah. “Having fun?” She asked her

2 Likes

“D*mn…” Sky said. “You stay close then, okay?” Sky said. “And cover me.”

1 Like

“I would rather be upfront. I can take a few hits.” Leo said.

“Not really…” Sarah responded.

2 Likes

“Poor thing, I just assumed by how your messing with your grenade launcher I thought you were.”

2 Likes

“Leo…” Sky looked into his eyes.

2 Likes

“What… I’m serious…” Leo said.

1 Like

“I’d never forgive myself if something happened to you.” Sky said. It was the last thing she said before the Owl was hit, plummeting downward.

Sky awoke beside the Pelican. Butch, helmet removed, was still hard at work pulling the others to safety, finally pulling Leo and Grace out of the Pelican. She looked to her right, and saw Cabis nearby, standing out in the group of ODSTs.

“We need to move. The enemy will be on top of us in minutes.” Butch shouted to the others.

“Did we lose anyone in the crash?” Sky asked.

“We lost four men, including our pilots.” Butch replied.

“Where are we headed?” Sky asked.

“Through the swamp. They knew we were coming. The swamp should make it difficult to detect our group, coupled with the rain.” Butch said.

“Fan out, keep close to cover.” He added.

1 Like

Celosia staye silent, already moving into the swamp.

2 Likes

Sarah and Samuel helped Kaitlynn out.

Leo stood up slowly.

1 Like

Kaitlynn rubbed her Helmet. “Told you ONI is highly protective.” She groaned picking herself up. “Thanks guys.”

2 Likes

Kyanna moved with the others

1 Like

“Enjoy the crash?” Kailtynn said looking around for her DMR, only to see it fell out during the crash leaving her only with her SMG.

2 Likes

“no… I was barely scratched” Kyanna said annoyed

2 Likes