Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“You think I’m getting too old for this?” Butch joked as he walked to a panel and began to scour the data.

“Jasper, this is Butch. The control center is under our control but we’ve taken some casualties.”

“Butch, we’ve found a bunch of prototype armor systems down here.” Sky said.

“I’d send in some birds to pick us up and some of the tech we discovered. Looks like the Office is working on some new MJOLNIR. You’d better hurry though, United Nations Space Command has dispatched a fast action response team to wipe us out.”

“Understood, Butch. They should arrive within the hour.” Jasper replied.

“Sky, I want your team to split into two groups. Me and Mariana have the control room. Keep the door open down there and send an element of your team to hold down the courtyard.” Butch said.

“Yes sir.” She replied.

2 Likes

“I cannot say.” Mariana replied. “And what are the odds that the now deceased base commander was close to half my age?” She asked as she looked around the room, and noticing a weapons storage room right beside the command center.

“May I take a look at what weapons and ammo we may be able to loot from the weapon lockers? Less for them, more for us.” Mariana added.

1 Like

“Go ahead.” Butch smiled. “They have about forty six different MJOLNIR configurations down there… D*mn…” He said.

1 Like

Kyanna continued to watch the door, paying no attention to the armor or the others

2 Likes

Leo aimed at the door.

2 Likes

Cabis walked closer to one of the prototypes and examined it “helmets worn by humanitys best” he spat picking up a scout helmet “your best was an obstacle nothing more. But when they take the eye of my team members i take there heads” Cabis said his tone angry but with a slight hint of pleasure.
He examined the helmet closer before dropping it and moving to the next.
“The demons should have been eradicated and Thel was a fool to let your master chief escape halo alive. And a fool to work with humanity” he said hate growing in his tone as he slapped the helmet to the ground.

4 Likes

“yet here you are working with humans” Kyanna said, still watching the door

4 Likes

Cabis slowly turned to her “this is a very different situation. And if i could i would butcher you humans right now” Cabis said a bitterness in his voice “but when you break onto my ship and you give me the choice between life and death i am willing to accept some conditions” Cabis said looking around at the rest of the squad “it certainly does not mean i am happy about it or plan on making friends”

2 Likes

“So who is going to the courtyard?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

Mariana went into the weapon storage room. Upon finding a locker she wanted to loot first, she went back and got Damian’s weapon, and used it to shoot the lock, thus getting herself a shotgun that was made for unaugmented Humans.
Mariana followed that up by using the rest of her pistol’s loaded magazine to open a locked weapons crate that had shotgun shells stored in it, after she shook a few different ammo crates, looking for shotgun shells in particular.

Mariana had also found some duffel bags, and loaded ammo into one of them. She then threw a few BR’s and DMR’s into another duffel bag. The Battle Rifles and Designated Marksman Rifles could be offered to whoever wanted them after the mission.

1 Like

“Me, Leo, Kyanna, Kaitlynn, Cabis and Celosia will go to the courtyard.” Sky said.

1 Like

Kaitlynn walked over to a fallen marine and took his Battle rifle and whatever ammo he had for it, seeing her SMG was now empty.

2 Likes

“understood” Kyanna said to sky as she approached the door making sure the room beyond was clear

2 Likes

“If anyone needs ammo let me know.” Leo said as he walked out the door. “I’ll lead…” he told them.

2 Likes

“So, what did we come here for, sir? If I may ask.” Mariana said to Butch as she dropped both the duffel bags off to the side, and opened the door to Damian Salow’s office, peering inside. Then walking in and walking back out carrying his laptop. “This might also be useful.” She plainly stated.

1 Like

“Just some basic information and things going on.” Butch said.

Sky stay behind Leo, heart melting at his kindness.

1 Like

Kyanna stayed behind the others

2 Likes

“No one needs ammo?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

Kyanna checked her ammo supply “I am fine for now”

2 Likes

“I’m good for now.” She said, readying the Battle rifle for what was to come.

2 Likes